Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Does anyone know what CA law says about doing maintenance in the form of rebuild kits for high capacity magazines puchased before the ban? In other words, can we legally purchase and use a rebuild kit that is designed for high capacity magazines in CA?
Old 05-09-2005, 1:30 PM

Thanks for the response. So if I understand your reply, I cannot purchase rebuild kits for high capacity magazines purchased before the ban, is that correct?
Old 05-13-2005, 1:10 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I assume that the original mag body would suffice!

Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2005, 1:12 AM

Technically, the rebuilt mag MUST include at least one part from the previous mag.
Old 05-12-2005, 4:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stanze:
or low quality inexspensive(the 2nd applies to all tax brackets) handguns as, "Saturday Night Specials". No offense to anyone that uses incorrect terms, but 5 out of 5 tyrants agree: propoganda only works on the weak minded. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey! I have some eastern european handguns that are by no means low quality, they are cheap(inexpensive) though!
Old 05-09-2005, 2:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FW10ring:
Thanks for the response. So if I understand your reply, I cannot purchase rebuild kits for high capacity magazines purchased before the ban, is that correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not what I said, in theory, the way the law is written, you ARE allowed to rebuild your magazines that hold over 10 rounds possesed before the ban. I'm not a official authority, check with CA DOJ for the final answer.

Sorry, I don't use the term, "High-Capacity Magazine"....that's gun grabber speak. Like referring to a military-style semi-auto firearm as an, "Assualt Weapon", or low quality inexspensive(the 2nd applies to all tax brackets) handguns as, "Saturday Night Specials". No offense to anyone that uses incorrect terms, but 5 out of 5 tyrants agree: propoganda only works on the weak minded.
Old 05-09-2005, 1:03 PM

Stupid unenforceable law, if you follow it, you'll probably end up dead.

That said, from what I've read you should be able to purchase replacement parts for your standard capacity magazines possessed before the occupation. Check first with our DOJ masters of course.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Does anyone know what CA law says about doing maintenance in the form of rebuild kits for high capacity magazines puchased before the ban? In other words, can we legally purchase and use a rebuild kit that is designed for high capacity magazines in CA?
Old 05-09-2005, 4:14 PM
Calguns Addict

You can legally buy the normal-cap bodies & springs & baseplates & followers. The legal assumption that allows spares sales is that you'll be using them to rebuild an EXISTING mag, not create an additional one. The outcome, as Stanze pointed out, is unenforcable.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain