Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-21-2005, 5:57 PM

is it legal to own a high cap magazine in hawaii 10/22 25 round magazine my brother is moving over there and he wants to take his 10/22 and mags is that legal

thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 6:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

What? It's hard enough keeping track of the laws in California and you think we have time to do the same for other states?

I'd recommend posting to the Hometown forum over at arfcom, but they don't even have one for Hawaii!

A google search of "Hawaii Gun Laws" turned up a few links.

He does have to register the 10/22 within 72 hours.
http://www.honolulupd.org/info/gunlaw1.htm#register
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> HRS 134-3: Registration, mandatory, exceptions

Every person arriving in the state who brings or by any other manner causes to be brought into the state a firearm of any description, whether usable or unusable, serviceable or unserviceable, modern or antique, shall register the firearm within 72 hours (three days) after arrival of the person or firearm, whichever arrives later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the Brady Bunch there is a 10 rd limit on magazines.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legisla...e.php?st=hi#aw
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are there limitations on assault weapons and magazines? Partial

Hawaii - State law prohibits the sale of semiautomatic assault pistols, but not assault rifles such as the AK47. People who owned such assault pistols prior to the law are required to register them and are restricted from selling or giving the weapons to anyone else in the state. State law restricts the sale and possession of rapid-fire ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-21-2005, 11:02 PM

Hi-caps for rifles should not be a problem. Hi-cap mag ban is for pistols only. Check out section (c)
Old 02-21-2005, 5:57 PM

is it legal to own a high cap magazine in hawaii 10/22 25 round magazine my brother is moving over there and he wants to take his 10/22 and mags is that legal

thanks