Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-26-2005, 7:20 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7034032/
Old 03-04-2005, 7:47 PM

so I don't get it?

this happened in LA, isn't LA in California?
Doesn't California already have a Ban on AK's and other AW's?

If "banning" is such a good idea... how did this happen?

as soon as she realizes this... I wonder when she will ask the DOJ to take our registered AW's away?
Old 03-01-2005, 7:42 PM

Just keep in mind that passage of the first ban was not easy. It did not pass on the first vote, and then clinton raised hell and twisted arms to get it passed. Then the democrats got their asses handed to them in the following election. Passage of the next proposed ban will be even more difficult due to the memories of the consequences of the last vote. Next time we have a demo pres and congress, it may be a different story. One thing we can all count on is that the PRC will be the model for the next bill.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:00 AM

I'm looking at FBI statistics for year 2003.
Weapon of choice for murder is handguns (2633), followed by other guns or type not stated (605), knives (483), blunt objects (213), hands/fists/feet/etc (200), shotguns (111), rifles (87) and then others which I'm not even going to list because the numbers are too small.

Total murder victims in year 2003 came out to 4891, and roughly 50% (2633) of them were committed by handguns. Assuming assault weapons fall into rifles (87), they only account for 2% of murder weapons. Why is she making such a big deal out of assault weapons? Why won't she ban handguns, baseball bats, or knives instead?

Voice your opinions to her at... http://feinstein.senate.gov/contact.html

FBI's Uniform Crime Reports can be obtained from here http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm#cius
Old 02-26-2005, 8:52 AM

Between the LA shooting and the one in Texas, she'll be waving her red banner around.

One day she'll be gone. One day.

كافر - Infidel

NRA PATRON MEMBER
Old 02-26-2005, 4:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trever1t:
Because she's trying to increase the resale value of her AK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> LOL
Old 02-26-2005, 9:26 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tooTactical:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Why is she making such a big deal out of assault weapons? Why won't she ban handguns, baseball bats, or knives instead?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing at a time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Gotta eat the small fish in order to grow and eat the bigger fish.
Old 03-01-2005, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The good thing is that this is no longer a 'renewal' and is brand-new legislation, which means there will not be any shortcuts thru committees, shortening of debate periods, etc.

So DiFi is starting out on a brand new journey with a different legislative balance.

The 1994 Fed AWB was passed, as I recall, by just ONE vote in the House - with a fewer Repubs and conservative Democrats then, and with a Democrat Speaker of the House (whom we trounced afterwards).

Even if DiFi could manage to get 51 votes in the Senate, there won't be enough House votes.
And this bill is big enough it will have to stand on its own and not be tied to an unrelated bill - except for possible upcoming gunmaker lawsuit preemption bill.

The danger here is that Demos may just have enough power to get this attached to the preemption bill, killing a very useful bill that will provide for survival of US gun industry.

The contrarian twist here is that while AWs don't necessarily have warm fuzzies w/much of general public, there is a certain rationality w/the public that gunmakers are not responsible for criminal misuse of firearms. That is mirrored by trends over the last decade nationwide where sometimes efforts to ban AWs are accompanied by relaxing CCW rules to "shall issue". Some lawmakers might extrapolate that overall sentiment into support of the lawsuit preemption bill even with an attached Fed AW ban, which is why continual vigilance is still required.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 03-01-2005, 2:23 PM

I'm so sick of this woman. No wonder everyone hates CA.

Aside from that, it's my guess that when the general American public hears about the "AK 47 assault rifle" in the media they are thinking about the fully automatic one used in Iraq and hollywood. And Diane Feinstein types say "there should be a law against those horrible weapons". Not realizing that there ARE laws and it's almost impossible to even get a class III weapon.

It seems everyone makes the mistake of thinking that the AR and MAK (or AK equivilent) are full auto. And if DF can get more Americans to make that mistake than she looks like the good guy to them.

The republicans need to stand up and fight this here. Bush indicated that he would have supported the renewal of the ban (but he knew the republican congress would not throw it at him in an election year). Things are different now, but the Republicans need to realize that it's Ohio and roural America that gave them the oval office, and that people in Ohio like guns.
Old 02-26-2005, 7:46 PM

Gee I guess feinstein and the mayor both forgot to mention that this occured in the State with the most oppressive ban in the country. And it has been in place for years. If only california had confiscated all of those registered weapons, this never could have happened. The time is now mr. koretz -- there's still time to introduce the bill -- "The Citizen Disarmament Act of 2005"!
Old 03-01-2005, 9:09 AM

The fineswine is a control freak.

She's also playing for more funds from the "other side" like Soros. She knows it's not going anywhere too soon, just looking for a cash cow.
Old 03-01-2005, 1:07 AM

I wonder if good 'ol Feinie still believes she is in any way still relevant considering the balance of the current Congress.
Old 02-26-2005, 7:20 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7034032/
Old 02-26-2005, 3:12 PM

Because she's trying to increase the resale value of her AK!