Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-04-2009, 8:57 PM

Default new here, connecting in San Diego/Inland Empire

hi there,
I'm new here, looking to connect with folks in San Diego / Inland Empire area. Most of my experience is with shotguns (trap, sporting clays) and handguns (IDPA/IPSC) and I'm interested in having a mechanism to keep my skills fresh and improve my training... regular outings, events, that sort of thing.
I've been poking around in the threads, it's interesting in here... looking forward to meeting you,
Megan
Old 09-05-2009, 7:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin View Post
hi there,
I'm new here, looking to connect with folks in San Diego / Inland Empire area. Most of my experience is with shotguns (trap, sporting clays) and handguns (IDPA/IPSC) and I'm interested in having a mechanism to keep my skills fresh and improve my training... regular outings, events, that sort of thing.
I've been poking around in the threads, it's interesting in here... looking forward to meeting you,
Megan
Welcome!

As far as events, there is at least one good shoot a month IIRC, usually the BBM shoot. I also conduct a few shoots a year up in Orosco Ridge with some friends of mine that anyone is invited to.

As far as trap shooting, Lake Wholford has open trap night on Wednesday nights (my personal favorite) and I think Project 2000 has a trap range as well.

IDPA/IPSC routines are something that a few members do on here, some more informally than others and I am certain that some of them may chime in here in short order.

Hope I have been of some help!

-N8
Old 09-05-2009, 5:45 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Hi Megan - welcome aboard!
Old 09-05-2009, 6:17 PM

Iron Sights in Oceanside hosts the Oceanside Practical Pistol Club. They hold shoots every thursday at 7:00 pm, except the 4th thursday which is held at 6:00pm. They run 2 fun steel matches, a man vs man, Mini IPSC, and once a month on sunday morning an IDPA match. Come check us out, we are a friendly group.

Here is a link to the club:

http://www.oceansidepistol.com/

Dave
Old 09-05-2009, 6:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Welcome pardner!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Old 09-06-2009, 2:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Hi and welcome Megan.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
Welcome!

As far as events, there is at least one good shoot a month IIRC, usually the BBM shoot. I also conduct a few shoots a year up in Orosco Ridge with some friends of mine that anyone is invited to.

As far as trap shooting, Lake Wholford has open trap night on Wednesday nights (my personal favorite) and I think Project 2000 has a trap range as well.
-N8
Thank you for the welcome,
I'll look up the lake wholford trap range, I may try them out depending on what time they shoot (it's probably more than an hour drive from work.) where's Project 2000? Don't know where Orosco Ridge is, but I'd like to find out more about that and the BBM shoot.
thanks! Megan
Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
Iron Sights in Oceanside hosts the Oceanside Practical Pistol Club. They hold shoots every thursday at 7:00 pm, except the 4th thursday which is held at 6:00pm. They run 2 fun steel matches, a man vs man, Mini IPSC, and once a month on sunday morning an IDPA match. Come check us out, we are a friendly group.

Here is a link to the club:

http://www.oceansidepistol.com/

Dave
hey Dave,
thanks for the info, I'll go check that out. I don't live far from Iron Sights, so that's a good location, but I teach classes Mon & Thur evenings, so the weekly shoots are out. might be able to come out to the matches though... need to get some practice in before showing up to compete...
thanks! Megan
Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM

Is the wholford range you mentioned the Escondido Fish and Game club, PSN?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Dave,
do you shoot IDPA/IPSC competition? ever get up to Pyru (Los Angeles) for a match?
Megan
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 PM

and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!
m
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Never been up to the LA matches, as I just recently started the pistol competition stuff. Joined IDPA and USPSA last month, and have not shot the IDPA qualifier yet. Iron Sights has ladies night tues nights 6:00 pm. Ladies shoot free... My wife has a hard time shooting weeknights, but I have taken a friend there for that shoot. Practice up and come shoot one of our matches. We have everything from unclass and "D" shooters up to a few Masters. Most are B and C level. A bunch of guys from the club shot Norco saturday, but I had yard work to do and could not go, although I did manage some range time yesterday morning.
Old 09-07-2009, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to CG Megan,

In the San Diego / Inland Empire area you have a few choices.

1st Sunday of every month, San Diego Tactical Shooters Hidden Valley Match. IDPA form, 0815-0830 signup, 0900 safety brief and stage walkthrough. Cost - $15

2nd Satuday of every month, LDF Pala match. IPSC and IDPA groups are here at the same time. Each group has its own bays for their match. I believe signup is at 0900 with a safety at 0915. Cost - $15

I know ironsights in Oceanside has a match but you will need to contact them for details. Magnolia range used to have matches, but I am not sure. Escondido Fish and Game used to have a match on the 4th Saturday of the month but that is no longer as of last month.

WTB the following - in San Diego
--COLT Delta Elite 10mm Blued
--Steyr M357A1 357SIG
--Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.
Old 09-07-2009, 3:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmpsdNoMore View Post
Is the wholford range you mentioned the Escondido Fish and Game club, PSN?
That it is.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to do that sometime...
Old 09-07-2009, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
Never been up to the LA matches, as I just recently started the pistol competition stuff. Joined IDPA and USPSA last month, and have not shot the IDPA qualifier yet. Iron Sights has ladies night tues nights 6:00 pm. Ladies shoot free... My wife has a hard time shooting weeknights, but I have taken a friend there for that shoot. Practice up and come shoot one of our matches.
that's one I could do... 6pm tue. probably be a couple of weeks before I've got my schedule sorted out, but once I do, I'll post up.
thanks! megan
Old 10-25-2009, 3:55 PM

I hope youve been out shooting, but if you haven't, Running Gun IPSC in Norco puts on a great match just about every sat morning.
Linea De Fuego puts on a great match at the Pala range just about Sat morning as well, next weekend is an all steel match that is supposed to be a great time.
http://www.lineadefuego.info/

http://www.uspsa2.org/norco.htm

the guys I shoot with carpool from the 76/15 park n ride at 0700 on sats. I also shoot the Iron Sights matches and they are great too, just had the IDPA match this morning
hopefull
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 AM

Welcome to the forum Megan.
Fifteen years ago there were regularly scheduled practicle pistol matches at every range in the SD area. I'm not sure if my old safariland rig still fits but would love to start shooting matches again.