Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:12 PM

I came across a mention of this over on highroad, buyblue.org, a website dedicated to "blue" companies and encourages people to vote with their pocket book.

I think I'll use it instead to decide which companies I may stop frequenting with my business.

"Starbucks currently has a 100% BuyBlue rating due to its executives' political contributions for the 2003-2004 election cycle. During that election cycle, every Starbucks executive whose contributions we researched on the Federal Elections Commission site contributed to a Democratic candidate." Also, I recently came across mention that they are apparently a major contributor to anti-gun causes as well. Guess I'll have to look into if this is true or not and reconsider spending $5 a day there (that's $1825 a year).
Old 04-16-2005, 9:57 AM

What a worthless load of crap. If they rate companies by political contributions only they are seriously mislead. Every other category like environment are empty.

People are lame.

http://www.schizrade.com -- my rantings.
Old 04-15-2005, 8:55 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Technical Ted:
Great idea, put all those good for nothing liberal arts majors into the welfare line </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Things aren't as happy as they used to be down here at the unemployment office. Joblessness is no longer just for philosophy majors. Useful people are starting to feel the pinch." -- Kent Brockman.

{The Simpsons}
Old 04-15-2005, 10:53 PM

Interesting site. I see that Barnes and Noble gets a "100% Blue" rating. (Should've guessed that - the B&N across from my house has a Starbucks built in!)

Oddly enough the only thing I've ever bought from them have been gun rags and the quarterly copy of 2600.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:12 PM

I came across a mention of this over on highroad, buyblue.org, a website dedicated to "blue" companies and encourages people to vote with their pocket book.

I think I'll use it instead to decide which companies I may stop frequenting with my business.

"Starbucks currently has a 100% BuyBlue rating due to its executives' political contributions for the 2003-2004 election cycle. During that election cycle, every Starbucks executive whose contributions we researched on the Federal Elections Commission site contributed to a Democratic candidate." Also, I recently came across mention that they are apparently a major contributor to anti-gun causes as well. Guess I'll have to look into if this is true or not and reconsider spending $5 a day there (that's $1825 a year).
Old 04-15-2005, 8:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mugwump:
(big snip)
Guess I'll have to look into if this is true or not and reconsider spending $5 a day there (that's $1825 a year). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, thanks for ruining my day. For years, I intentionally didn't do the math.

On a serious note though: Look long and hard enough at anything, and something will get you p*ssed off about it.
I'm even kind of on the fence about mega-corps that overtly get behind certain political parties or those particular party's leanings and issues. In general, it's a bad idea to mix politics and business, but if someone needs to search the money trail to sniff out a company's leanings, I think that it's perhaps going too far - even if they are putting every dime of their profits into an anti-gun crusade (well maybe I'd draw the line there).