Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 09-28-2005, 2:24 PM

Just curious, but what is the total now ($$-wise) to fish freshwater and saltwater, and also hunt deer, bear, boar and turkeys (and all small game included as well) in CA?

Don't most fees rise every year as well?

Thanks in advance....

Mike in NC
Old 09-28-2005, 2:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mike:
Just curious, but what is the total now ($$-wise) to fish freshwater and saltwater, and also hunt deer, bear, boar and turkeys (and all small game included as well) in CA?

Don't most fees rise every year as well?

Thanks in advance....

Mike in NC
Too many things to list, so here are the answers: Department of Fish and Game
Old 09-28-2005, 5:33 PM

Damn.....

I was surprised when I paid for my NC Sportsman's license--for $40, it included all of the above, and also six deer.....CA DFG certainly got rich off of me last year....
Old 09-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Hi Mike, sorry I couldn't get out to a shoot and meet you locally before you left for NC. When did you relocate, what part of North Carolina are you in, are you near the coast? How is NC for gun enthusiasts? CCW friendly? ?Class 3 friendly?
Chris
Old 09-29-2005, 10:40 AM

Oh he'll be along shortly to rub it all in... Class 3 stuff, .50 bmg, AK, M-16, CCW... bla bla bla. lucky fooker.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't say lucky, just got smart and turned money on paper (real estate) into something real, and now I own a beautiful home outside of Charlotte free and clear. I got here about 3 weeks ago--and this place is firearm friendly, and Class 3 friendly--but some county sheriffs can be difficult, I am lucky mine is good to go for C3. I am getting my CCW anyways, and one little benefit is that I skip NICS checks, although it only took me about 5 minutes (and not ten days-never mind that 50's are banned in CA anyway) to walk away with my M82A1 after filling out the 4473, plus it saves me a few bucks each time to not have to pay for the check. I am not far from the coast, but my AF buddy maintains a home on the coast and I will visit with him and his family when he comes home on leave from Korea next month, and try out NC offshore fishing then too.

I got it all it seems here--it's all green and blue, I can hunt, fish, snow and waterski and just about everything else within minutes here. Also the Carolina Panthers are just minutes from here, Bass Pro is up the road about 20 minutes, and the C&E gunshow is in Charlotte begininning of October, and if the prices are good, I'll get an M4gery, perhaps an AK (or two) and definitely stock up on more standard capacity mags.

What's weird, but nice about driving through the city? No traffic, and no graffiti anywhere. Quote from today's Charlotte Observer:
"Hollywood biggie likes us

Judd Apatow, producer of the Will Ferrell NASCAR movie, "High, Wide, and Handsome," and `The 40 Year Old Virgin," is doing a blog for slate.com. He's here with his family for three months, and Tuesday he wrote that they love Charlotte. "My wife and I are thrilled to live in a city with almost no traffic, unlike Los Angeles," he wrote."

Pogo, I wish you were able to come out then, but at least you can still meet Tim, as Mauserlady, Dave and Bill P have escaped to AZ. Freeride21LA has escaped to AZ too....