Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-09-2009, 9:11 AM

Default Property Room...LEGIT???

Shopping for accessories and I stumbled on teh Property Room, police auctions online it says.

http://www.propertyroom.com/Catalog....tegory=Hunting -Target Shooting&CategoryId=476

I was wondering if anyone had used this site before and had any feedback. It is a bidding site like eBay and there are some good things on there, IMO.
Old 10-09-2009, 9:50 AM

Seems to be

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-6085942-7.html

Quote:
"Justice Sotomayor, states may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional."
- Gura
Old 10-09-2009, 9:59 AM
Veteran Member

I inquired about all those firearms they showed in the pictures...they don't sell those and didn't know who did

Last edited by halifax; 10-09-2009 at 4:23 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozr View Post
Nice find!! Thx. Looks like there could be some deals to be had. Now if only I could find a '69 Stingray for $1 that would make my day!!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM

looks like an eBay wannabe to me who have screened out the occasional seller.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 AM

I have bought from property room before. Nothing shady about them as far as I can tell. Lots of weird stuff though.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

No firearms for sale.

PR is confiscations and stolen recovery that is at least a year old and unclaimed. There are also warehouse overstock outfits that are used in Police stings, who then sell the goods for real.

I found them about 5 years ago, and only got shafted once...but that is to be expected. I pick up car audio stuff from them, and it usually is as described, sometimes better. I got burned on a 12" solo-baric that was totally blown, that they claimed "emitted sound". The sound was the speaker shorting out....and a suck noise from my wallet.

No Police auction item is thoroughly tested or warranted, and few of the "new" items are either. The cars are usually "drove hard and put up wet", but often have nearly all the cop gear installed (except for sirens). Interceptors fully lighted and motored are fairly common.

The items are not vetted like Ebay or Craigs List, and you have minimal if any recourse for a crappy sale.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero
Old 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM

It's a legit site. I have purchased a bunch of laptops from them that we distribute to our field guys. As always, just be aware of what you are buying but for the most part they have been exactly as described.
Old 10-09-2009, 3:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Make sure when you check "property room items only" when searching. Otherwise there is "dealer" stuff there. Shipping is expensive in my opinion. My Brother gets deals there and then drives to pick up the items from them (City of Industry)...so no shipping. He tries to buy a lot at once (within 10 days of end of auction) to make it a only one trip deal.

I have found better deals on ebay as people tend to overbid on property room. Though I still look from time to time. Hint: the "everything else" section is where the gun stuff is listed.... scopes, tac. vests, holsters. Its all mixed in with other stuff.