Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:20 AM

Anyone else see or hear about this? Just wondering if this might make any difference in our "battle for equal gun rights" here in the land of the not-so-free.

-Pont27
Old 05-09-2005, 7:44 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walkerboh4269:
Of course that makes a double edge sword for myself. I don't want him as governor but I also don't want him controlling my business.

I have nightmares of Busta"mecha" being the Insurance Commissioner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't heard that, I was kinda hoping early retirement for him along with others really.

Any specific fears, like something he's indicated he would do if and when he took the reins as IC, or is it just a general, open-ended disdain (which I can understand) for the guy?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:31 AM

I think it would make a difference, but I havent seen it yet.

Better yet how about McClintock for Governor

I would like to see him Gov even though it might hurt me as a state employee. The constitution is more important

Tom
NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Ruger Armorer
Remington Armorer
Sig Armorer
Firearms Instructor
Old 05-04-2005, 11:36 AM

I know what you mean cdfcapt, Governor would be the ideal position. But hopefully he'll have some influence on Arnold, and maybe the rest of California. And I truly hope this would not hurt you as a State employee, but I do think it's very honorable that you put the constitution in front of your own job. If only more people thought like that......

-Pont27
Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pont27:
but I do think it's very honorable that you put the constitution in front of your own job. If only more people thought like that......

-Pont27 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Pont27 some of the officers in our union just don't understand why I vote the way I do. I can't seem to explain it to most of them

Tom
NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Ruger Armorer
Remington Armorer
Sig Armorer
Firearms Instructor
Old 05-09-2005, 9:00 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Basura Blanca:
Any specific fears, like something he's indicated he would do if and when he took the reins as IC, or is it just a general, open-ended disdain (which I can understand) for the guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well more than anything it is a general disdain for him. After the recall debate and his smug little attitude I just can't stand the man. Not that I cared for him before the debate.

I believe we have had a discussion before about not providing my services for people who want a spanish speaking Insurance Agent.

I have a irrational fear of Cruz being elected and then have a proclamation come from the Insurance "Kingpin" that all insurance agents must have a Spanish speaking agent.

I don't believe that the IC has the power to do that but I also don't think that would stop him from trying.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I remember right after the recall he promised the people in his district that he would stay where he was at and not run for higher office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he is close to the term limit. Even if he is not he will be some day.

--Ronaldus Maximus
Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think it would make a difference, but I havent seen it yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it? Isn't the Lt. Governors job basically consist of standing in a box that say "break glass in event of Governor's death"?

--Ronaldus Maximus
Old 05-05-2005, 9:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Telpierion: Isn't the Lt. Governors job basically consist of standing in a box that say "break glass in event of Governor's death"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems to me about the right job description. However think about how many Lt Governors end up running for and wining Governor?

However I think the chances of Tom McClintock running are slim. If I remember right after the recall he promised the people in his district that he would stay where he was at and not run for higher office.

While that may be great for the people of Thousand Oaks(his district I believe) it sucks for us. I think one of the best things we can do to save Ca would be to elect McClintock to Governor.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Telpierion:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I remember right after the recall he promised the people in his district that he would stay where he was at and not run for higher office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he is close to the term limit. Even if he is not he will be some day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that he is up for the term limit soon. Or maybe just decides he is needed to rep the whole state more than just the one part he does now.

I believe he is one of Arnold's advisors right now and I hope that maybe he can be a running mate of Arnold's should he run for reelection.

I voted for Tom in the recall and would gladly vote for him again.

My worst nightmare at this point is Cruz Busta"mecha" running for governor. Thankfully he is running for Insurance Commissioner in 2006.

Of course that makes a double edge sword for myself. I don't want him as governor but I also don't want him controlling my business.

I have nightmares of Busta"mecha" being the Insurance Commissioner.
Old 05-12-2005, 6:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stator:

... and the mayoral position in your city continues to be quite a ride for the voters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. Yeah, and then there's "Stripper Gate" too...

At least they're allowing voters to choose the next mayor. I was actually leaning towards an appointment, y'know, screw the vote process and the "commoners" wishes.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:20 AM

Anyone else see or hear about this? Just wondering if this might make any difference in our "battle for equal gun rights" here in the land of the not-so-free.

-Pont27
Old 05-11-2005, 6:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Basura Blanca:

Pete Wilson promised us that his greatest aspiration in life was to be Mayor of San Diego, but just like the energizer bunny... well, you know the rest.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and the mayoral position in your city continues to be quite a ride for the voters.
Friends don't let friends vote demorat
Utah CCW permit holder
Old 05-09-2005, 7:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walkerboh4269:
However I think the chances of Tom McClintock running are slim. If I remember right after the recall he promised the people in his district that he would stay where he was at and not run for higher office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete Wilson promised us that his greatest aspiration in life was to be Mayor of San Diego, but just like the energizer bunny... well, you know the rest.