Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 09-29-2009, 4:16 PM
Veteran Member

Default help with keyboard key(updated with 2pics)

does anybody know where I can buy the white part in the picture below? The area where the arrow is pointing is broken so the key does not clip to the keyboard anymore. I looked online but couldn't find the part I need i don't know the name for it.

Model number of laptop is: toshiba satellite a105-s4211
yes it has low specs

this is the part that broke on the edges

the bracket attaches here

Last edited by Blackhawk556; 09-30-2009 at 2:05 PM..
Old 09-29-2009, 4:35 PM
CGN Contributor

I dunno if anybody sells individual keys for laptops, but you can purchase a replacement keyboard for it.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 09-29-2009, 4:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Your best bet would be to find a replacement keyboard(ebay), or possibly a junker keyboard or laptop if they cost significantly less for your model and get the keyboard parts you need from that.
Old 09-29-2009, 5:37 PM
Veteran Member

will any laptop have the same part?? or will i have to get a toshiba??

I would hate to buy another keyboard for the laptop since only the letter B is missing
Old 09-29-2009, 6:13 PM

Best bet is to contact Toshiba to see how much a replacement part would cost. They may have the part to fix it without getting a whole new keyboard. I have a key loose on my laptop but it is still attached at least at this point. That may change if I keep using my laptop as much as I have been. LOL I either have to cut down on my calguns time or stop doing excel homework.
Old 09-29-2009, 6:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaGWolf View Post
Best bet is to contact Toshiba to see how much a replacement part would cost. They may have the part to fix it without getting a whole new keyboard. I have a key loose on my laptop but it is still attached at least at this point. That may change if I keep using my laptop as much as I have been. LOL I either have to cut down on my calguns time or stop doing excel homework.
don't cut down on calguns, cut down on por..i mean homework
Old 09-29-2009, 7:52 PM
Veteran Member

Your best bet is to get a replacement keyboard for the model Toshiba you have. I lot of the keyboards (Dells come to mind) will have the same layout but where they physically screw into the chassis may be different and there are vast differences in how each keyboard connects to the mobo.

Take a look at E-Bay for starters. If not there try CL or Crazedlist.org for a wider search.

Frustratedinca, mojo, Rellik Remag > FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshanky View Post
I've got a pretty resilient cornhole though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhabelly View Post
So take your sheeps and go home. You're not worthy.
Old 09-29-2009, 9:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I don't see whats broken from that picture, you should be able to snap it back on. Otherwise you'll need to replace the keyboard.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 09-30-2009, 12:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
I don't see whats broken from that picture, you should be able to snap it back on. Otherwise you'll need to replace the keyboard.
It's difficult to see, but it looks like one of the sides of the clip that holds onto the horizontal pin is busted(not uncommon).

It sucks, but such a seemingly simple and common part is not readily available, and attempting to match the right hinge out of thousands of possible versions is just not going to happen. There's one seller on ebay with the keyboard that's supposedly for that model toshiba laptop, it's only $32 or so with shipping. It's really your best option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Laptop-Notebook-...3286.m20.l1116