Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 09-23-2005, 5:57 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I love to hunt with a handgun. ONe time I shot a nice forked-horn in the Greenhorn mountains north of Lake Isabella. I shot it with a Beretta 9mm!!!!!!!!! A quick double tap with my 147gr Rangers right in the 10 ring. I was surprised at how quick the deer went down. I wouldn't do it again with that small gun. Now my 9mm is for coyotes that I call in withing 30 yards or so. As long as my eyes are good, I'll continue to use that gun for predators at close range.

I shot a nice black bear in the general area with my Colt .44 Anaconda. I had to hit him twice too. She would have died with the first round right in the heart/lung, but she was lying on the ground dying a bit too slow. So I finished her off with the second round to put her out of pain.

She tasted very nice and the hide now sits in my trophy room on the back of a sofa...........

I love hunting with handguns.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
Old 09-15-2005, 2:36 PM

I like rabbit hunting with my revolver. Here how I do it. Put on some quiet shoes, some drab clothes and cut a branch off a bush. Walk real slow holding the branch in front to break up your outline. Forget about hunting open fields and meadows as rabbits like cover. Get in the bushes and just work real slow. I usually get my shots off at 25 feet or less, so I really don't need a rifle. Winchester .22 Power Points work great on the tasty bunnys. I cook 'em between two hot rocks with bacon and herbs.
Old 09-24-2005, 2:22 AM

Yep, been doing it for some time now. I do mostly big game and shoot prairie dogs in other states with specialty handguns. Have also been handgun hunting in Africa. It's all good!

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41!