Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-31-2005, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Do you have a phone number and the address for them? Mark
Old 05-30-2005, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd also suggest you check pricing on military pulldown bullets; check the 'reloading components' sections of sgn & gun list.

From personal experience, pulldowns in 5.56mm shoot great & a cheaper than anything else. You are stuck with a fmj and limited to 55 & 72gr weights. Surplus powder is also as cheap as you'll see.

I have not checked 7.62 as I went kinda wild when the Aussie ammo first started selling & right now don't have any need to reload. 7.62 also is available in pulldown AP and tracers.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 05-30-2005, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by -hanko:
I'd also suggest you check pricing on military pulldown bullets; check the 'reloading components' sections of sgn & gun list.

From personal experience, pulldowns in 5.56mm shoot great & a cheaper than anything else. You are stuck with a fmj and limited to 55 & 62gr weights. Surplus powder is also as cheap as you'll see.

I have not checked 7.62 as I went kinda wild when the Aussie ammo first started selling & right now don't have any need to reload. 7.62 also is available in pulldown AP and tracers.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 06-06-2005, 2:39 PM

Anyone subscribe to Shotgun News and have a scanner willing to scan the most recent bullet/price list? My Shotgun News subscription lapsed awhile back and I haven't renewed.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 AM

I don't load for rifle calibers, but I have bought a ton of their pistol caliber bullets (for USPSA/IPSC). I've driven over there to save on shipping and picked up 10k+ for a discount, which I highly recommend if you're in the LA area. You can call and even pick up on Saturdays.

The quality for me is perfect for what I do (spray and pray basically ). I'm sure if you call them up they'd be happy to send you a sample of their bullets.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:27 PM

626 454-4585 , I've used a bunch of 230 and 200 gr 45 bullets with excellent results. If you're in the area stop by and he'll give you a bunch of samples.
Old 05-30-2005, 2:32 PM

greetings , has anyone tried the golden west FMJ bullets that are advertised in the shotgun news for the .308 prices seem too good to be true ,how is the quality for highpower shooting . remember they are made in california , please post a reply , rob
Old 05-31-2005, 9:40 AM

greetings , sory for not aying this in my orginal ad , but this are new factory made projectiles , not pulled heads , please advise grupie