Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 09-17-2009, 5:10 PM

Default Local PD more Strict then State?

Can the local PD impose longer wait periods? I just received my local license in preparation of getting my CFD and noticed the Fremont PD paperwork lists 15 day wait times. Am I ok still following the 10 day rule or should I get an updated copy from Fremont requesting them to list 10 days instead of 15? Or am I responsible for following the local PD rules as they are stricter then State/Fed level?

Old 09-17-2009, 5:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

All I know is that Big Mac at Irvington Arms had a lot of fun dealing with the city of Fremont to transfer an existing gunshop to his name back in 2003/2004. They made him jump through a bunch of hoops.
Old 09-17-2009, 5:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That's some OLD paperwork. There used to be a 15 day wait in California. You used to need a BFSC too! Now, the state doesn't even recognize or issue BFSC anymore so, I don't know how you could comply with that one. I'd just print up the current regulations and send them to the city asking if these are the regulations that they want you to follow since the ones they gave you don't meet the current state laws!
Old 09-17-2009, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
That's some OLD paperwork. There used to be a 15 day wait in California. You used to need a BFSC too! Now, the state doesn't even recognize or issue BFSC anymore so, I don't know how you could comply with that one. I'd just print up the current regulations and send them to the city asking if these are the regulations that they want you to follow since the ones they gave you don't meet the current state laws!
That sounds reasonable. I'll do that after I get my CFD. I don't want to bring it up yet and have to wait for them to re-issue paperwork to me. This piece of paperwork took 3 weeks as it is. It was the only piece I was missing with my 1st CFD submission.
Old 09-17-2009, 7:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I concur, it is an old form. I would just ignore it until the city comes in for their first inspection. Oh, you don't think they will ever do that? Problem solved.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation