Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-19-2005, 8:17 AM

Ammoman I get ammo shipped form here all the time (The UPS guy knows where to go if SHTF)
Old 04-19-2005, 5:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't think anyone can point you to the law because buying ammunition in Los Angeles is not illegal. There was a big hoopla over it although I beleive no law was passed.

There are many people having ammo sent to them in Los Angeles. If a dealer says they won't ship you ammo that's mostly their decision.
Old 04-20-2005, 6:21 PM

Wow! It is impossible to find anyone in the state government that has any idea about gun laws. The BATF, CA-DOJ, LAPD, & WeHoPD were all clueless. As a matter of fact I had both the DOJ and LAPD tell me that you couldn't buy ammo in Los Angeles at all.....huhhhhh??? Apparently there are no firearms enthusiasts in the DOJ.

So I finally found the LA ordinances on the LA city website. As you kind folks stated, there doesn't seem to be any laws on the books that keep us from buying mailorder ammo. There are LA city laws concerning the retail sale of ammo within the city. Although, they are only requirements (name, address, thumbprint) not restrictions. And these restrictions don't apply at places like Reddings (Culver City) or L.A. Guns (West Hollywood). However, recently I did find a great deal on some 7.62x54R at a Big 5 and had to comply with all of the silly LA restrictions.

Just thought I would share what I have learned.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 AM

Can anyone point me to the actual wording of the law that prohibits the shipment of ammo into L.A.? I'm curious how far reaching that law is. Is it L.A. city, county???? Does that include the municipalities within L.A. (Glendale, West Hollywood, Culver City, etc,)????

I'm dying to take advantage of some of these internet ammo deals, but I'm assuming that my West Hollywood address will prohibit me from legally doing so.