Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-08-2009, 1:33 PM

Default Olympic Arms Glock Mag AR-15

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=37

I like detachable mags, I have Glock 22 15rnd mags, and like the 40 S&W round. I wanted a Kel Tec Sub 2000, but it would be very hard to make that Cali legal with detachable mags.

This thing is beautiful, seems like it would be 10 times more durable than the sub 2000 (I assume), takes Glock 22 mags (probably takes my 27 mags too. Down side is that it's expensive ($1K+) for a pistol caliber rifle.

If I slap a monsterman grip on this with a fixed stock (or have it done before import into Cali) I think it would be Cali legal without any other changes. Is the Flash suppressor an issue? I forget.

Whatcha think, is it worth the trouble/money?

Last edited by Mike5150; 09-08-2009 at 1:41 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 1:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Check out Lone Wolf Distributors, they just came out with a glock magazine lower. The easiest option would be a featureless build, or modify a b-16 to make it a fixed magazine build.
Old 09-08-2009, 1:55 PM
Dinosaur

Unthread the flash suppressor / fix the stock in your fave position and /MMG and you're good to go with a featureless build.

I went the modified UZI magazine route as I have alot of pre-Cali-ban UZI magazines.
Old 09-08-2009, 2:19 PM
Calguns Addict

just make sure the lower doesnt have AR-15 stamped into it. some Olympic arms lowers are listed by name as AW. something like this would be nice to compliment my G23 and the mags I have for it.
Old 09-08-2009, 4:23 PM

Has anyone tried one of these? I am assuming transferring one of these in is just like any other out of state transfer? Also what upper are people using with these lowers
Old 09-08-2009, 7:10 PM
short bus driver

The Olympic Arms AR lowers that take Glock magazines are off-list.

(make) Olympic Arms (model) GL-1 = not on the list

Olympic Arms does not sell to CA.
They became anti-CA when, at the time, all their AR products got make/model banned via the Kasler list.
Olympic Arms also only sells the GL-1 as a complete firearm and does not sell the lower seperately.

The Lone Wolf Distributors AR-Glock lowers are a copy of the Olympic Arms GL-1 lower reciever. They recommend using the Olympic Arms Glock uppers, because the bolt needs to be modified to work properly with the lower's ejector.

IMO, if you have tons of large capacity Glock magazines from before 01-01-2000, then a featureless build is the way to go.
If you don't onw any large capacity Glock magazines, it would be better to do a Uzi/Sten mag build with a magazine lock.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).