Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

Old 09-04-2009, 5:17 PM

Default new here, but not born yesterday

also born here. (matters to me.)

So......If I am sick 'n tired of the junk that's been happenin' all my life here in the land of my birth and want to be ready for the worst things that my father warned me about, gun-control wise. what's the next level? how do I qualify?

NRA since '64. CRPA last ten years.........and things just keep getting worse.
Old 09-04-2009, 7:05 PM

Dont count on the crpa doing anything about 2nd Amendment problems here. Never heard of them doing anything to help gun rights. I wouldn't be surprised if 98% of gun owners, and hunters know who they are or what they do.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

CRPA has new leadership; it's undergone massive changes in the last 1.5yrs.

We already saw CRPA's new legislative liaison, Tom Pedersen, put on a stellar performance at the recent Fish & Game Commission hearings where they were trying to promote further lead ammo bans. His work, and relationships with some of the F&G commissioners, combined with NRA's team of lawyers and scientists to defeat this.

Now we have CRPA running on all cylinders and working 100% with CA NRA. CGF also gets in its licks. While we have an uphill battle ahead of us, we actually have lots of legal matters going our way. We have Heller, and we'll get incorporation soon - one way or another. Sykes case will push toward realizable CCW, and Pena is gonna kill the handgun Roster.

We've already shot a big part of the AW laws down - who'd've thunk we'd have 250K? 300K? new black rifles in CA in under 3 years? That they only differ from AWs by a funky latch or funky grip? That all these new guns will help shoot down CA's BS AW laws?

The march to a fully-realized 2nd Amendment will, in fact, run thru California. CA NRA staff and the new CRPA and we CGF folks and just plain ol' Calgunners and Members Council members are pushing forward. It'd be nice if more people jumped on the wagon to help.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Last edited by bwiese; 09-04-2009 at 10:28 PM..
Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Just to add to what Bill said above. I think that for years we were on the losing end of new laws, etc because all we did was react to new laws proposed by the anti's instead of taking proactive actions like CGF is doing now. There was a lack of organization of gun owners for any years but thanks to the internet more and more people are involved and it gives us the opportunity to organize and go on the offense.

10-15 years ago I was offended by some of the mailers that the CRPA sent out trying to get support and considered the organization crass, mildy offensive and self serving. I'm betting that the newly re-organized CRPA will be much more effective.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 09-07-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragthefreaks View Post

So......If I am sick 'n tired of the junk that's been happenin' all my life here in the land of my birth and want to be ready for the worst things that my father warned me about, gun-control wise. what's the next level? how do I qualify?

If you value our arms keeping and bearing Heritage, one productive activity you can do is to volunteer to teach your fellow Californians, regular folks and families, how to shoot a rifle.

Unlike the hard core patriots who endured Valley Forge and British bayonet charges, we don't have to lay our lives on the line to render meaningful service to Liberty. Their sacrifice, and the Republic they built, ensure that the path our nation follows is entirely up to us. The path that our votes, letters to representives, and dinner time discussions create.

We have seen the effects of apathy and frivolity. Our duty, however, as free men and women, requires us to pay attention to politics, law, and current events. And to influence each of these areas according to our values and wishes. After all, the major parties (are supposed to) champion the causes that we champion, the legislature works for, and is hired every election, by US. Current events indicate the health of the body politic, be they signs of disease or decline or sound health.

Appleseed is partial to the Bill of Rights, and to no political party. It's affiliated with the American People.

I will point you to the Appleseed program, and suggest you sign up with the intention of becoming an Instructor. This will place you in a position to teach 20 to 100 people at a time how to shoot with distinction the rifles they own. And to encourage them to vote and influence public policy as they deem fit. That's the country the Founders would be proud of: where the people take pride of ownership in their country. Where people tend, instead of neglect, this garden of Liberty.

Sign up for a shoot. Accept and meet the Rifleman challenge, and ask for an Instructor hat.

You will change your community and state for the better with every group of people you teach, and leave the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, among other rights, in better, more careful hands.

National schedule of Appleseeds here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4032.0
Old 09-08-2009, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragthefreaks View Post
Not born here, but I have served this country for almost ten years! That used to mean something... but not as much now-a-days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolton View Post
Dont count on the crpa doing anything about 2nd Amendment problems here. Never heard of them doing anything to help gun rights. I wouldn't be surprised if 98% of gun owners, and hunters know who they are or what they do.
I agree with JB, I really did not know much about the CRPA until one day at the Del Mar gun show I saw their booth & went to speak with them & acquired some literature. They could use some good PR to promote more support!
Old 09-09-2009, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballaizm View Post
but I have served this country for almost ten years! That used to mean something... but not as much now-a-days!
Oh, yes it does! There are a whole lot of us who value your service. Do not feel unappreciated!

NRA Endowment
CRPA Life
SASS 44183
Mormon Posse 33