Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 08-30-2009, 5:46 PM

Default Problem with winchester safe

I bought a winchester 24 gun safe from costco afew mounths ago. Ok now for the problem my keypad just took a **** half of the numbers wont work. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old 08-30-2009, 6:38 PM
Calguns Addict

If it is just the keypad I think they can send you a new keypad alone. I believe the brain is in the door.

I would try to take the keypad off, make sure connections are tight and change the battery just to be sure.
Old 08-30-2009, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimid8tor View Post
If it is just the keypad I think they can send you a new keypad alone. I believe the brain is in the door.

I would try to take the keypad off, make sure connections are tight and change the battery just to be sure.
A new battery did not help. I am not sure how to remove the key pad. I am going to call the company tomorrow morning to see what they can do. I can always take it back to costco once I get all my guns out.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Banned

That keypad should have a key override. Use the key that came with trhe safe, get your guns out and return the safe to Costco. You DID remove the key before you locked the door, didn't you?
Old 08-31-2009, 5:52 AM

the key pad just twists off on mine. it is also a winchester safe. had no problems yet. It has no key.

I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.
Old 08-31-2009, 7:40 AM

Default RE: Winchester safe problem

Since you're safe is new and under warranty, the BEST place to start is with the safe company and their customer service department. Call them FIRST and have your model and serial number handy.

Gun safes can come with any of several brands, models and types of electronic locks on them. What are the details? It's always helpful to post a photo of the safe and keypad. A close-up would be best.

Describe the action required when normally opening the safe, i.e. do you just enter the code and turn the bolt control handle or do you have to enter a letter/symbol key before or after the code #, as well? Is it required to turn the keypad after entering the code, but before turning the bolt control handle/wheel?

KenSFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKROB View Post
I bought a winchester 24 gun safe from costco afew mounths ago. Ok now for the problem my keypad just took a **** half of the numbers wont work. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old 08-31-2009, 9:14 PM

Well the plug behind the keypad was unplugged its now working good.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 AM

I have the same safe and I had the same issue, except none of the keys worked on the keypad. After calling CS, they walked me through it and I have not had a problem since. BTW, it was the same issue, the plug had come loose from the circuit board.