Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 08-29-2009, 9:15 AM

Default Log book

To work on customers handgun over night does an FFL have to log it into his log book? If work is done while customer stays at the shop does it have to be logged it? On a 1911 clone frame is a city of manufacturer required on the frame?
Old 08-29-2009, 9:50 AM
Vendor/Retailer

If you keep the firearm over night, it needs to go into a bound book. I have a separate "gunsmithing" book for those. If the customer is there the whole time, no need to log it in or out.

I have no idea what is required on the frame.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

As was mentioned on the last post, every gun that is staying for any period of time without the owner has to be logged into the disposition book. Every receiver clone or not, needs to have company name, city, state and serial number engraved to a specific depth per ATF guidelines. If the FFL is a manufacturer, it also has to be logged into their manufacturers disposition books. Then reported on their yearly manufacturers report.
FFL/SOT
Old 08-29-2009, 9:25 PM

Thanks USMG. I see now that most handguns have the manufacturers name, city, state and a number on them. Was guessing that that might be a Federal requirement. Any idea how long that has been around. 10, 20, 30 years or so? I know the is an AMT receiver on Gunbroker right now that only has letters and numbers on it. No city, state or manufacturers name. I am guessing that at some time in the past there might have been different requirement for receivers. But this is a guess, I have not reshearched it.
Old 08-29-2009, 9:37 PM
CGN Contributor

All tht is required to be on the receiver is the serial number.

The manufacturer's name, city, state, etc, can be marked on the receiver or barrel.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_20...7cfr478.92.htm

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.