Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 08-24-2009, 9:37 AM

Default Oakdale gun shop

Curious to know if anyone has been to Oakdale Guns & Ammo. I drive past it when I head thru town and tell myself I am goin to stop by one day. If you've been by what do they carry? Reloading supplies, OLL, etc.?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Curious too. I drive by there on the way to the lake, etc, and have never stopped in.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 PM

All the white paint does look shiny and new. I stopped in heading up to the mountains, and the door was locked, even though the posted hours indicated open. Returning to the Bay Area, I noticed a neon sign illuminated, so maybe that's the clue as to whether or not the store is open.

One thing, though, I had a heck of a hard time getting out of the parking lot to make the left turn, ie heading east up toward Sonora. If you stop in during a drive east, maybe plan your exit by going a few parking lots up to the left; that would give a little more distance from that stop light at the Valero gas station and a window I could have used every time there was a gap in the west-bound traffic.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM

The owner of that shop helped me out when I was shooting USPSA at the Oakdale club. I screwed up and brought a mix of .40 and .45 when it should have been all .40, I was short about 100 rounds. He was at the match and ran back to his store then returned and dumped several hundred rounds of various calibers on the table. He told everyone to take what they needed and he would settle with them later. So I took my 100 rounds and payed him after the match. I thought that was pretty classy of the gun, he didn't know us from adam....

Old 08-25-2009, 4:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Who's the owner, anyone know?

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 10-17-2009, 4:12 PM

Drove by there today and saw a sign saying Now Open. Went in and the owner said they were closed at 3pm, it was now 315. Some customers still in there. The open light by the door was turned off, but no times listed as to when he was open. Looked like a small, but nice shop, and they have signs on a building next door that looks like they do instruction there. I was kind of put off and probably will not attempt to go in again.
Old 10-18-2009, 5:31 AM
Veteran Member

Smile

Been there done that, very small shop, over priced.
But might go back and give the owner the correct knolage about a couple ffl items.
Has never heard of calguns.

They are frendly, into talking.....maybe if I could get up the cash buy a gun or three from them.

Old 11-04-2009, 5:16 PM

Steve is the owner's name. He's a good guy but the prices are high. Normal for a small shop like that. Selection, for a small shop in CA, is OK. He opened the doors in June(??) so the selection gets better each month.

Slim pickings on firearms shops in central valley especially east of Modesto. Wouldn't even go to the shop in Jamestown unless I had ZERO ammo to go shoot and even then I'd buy as little as possible.
Old 11-04-2009, 5:39 PM

Someone told me there was a shop in Knights Ferry, but have not seen it. The guy was showing me his new stainless 1911 that he had purchased there.

Me, I am sticking with Alquist.
Old 11-04-2009, 6:42 PM

I've been threre 3 times. The owner is friendly. The store is essentially a broom closet. Limited selection of inventory. High prices. Last year I wanted to order a new hunting rifle. I knew what I could get it for, but I decided to throw some business his way. He checked, but his price was too high. I told him what I could get it for, and wanted to see him get some local proceeds. He couldn't come anywhere within $85.00 of a matched price. I had to go to Reno the next week, anyways, so I just bought it at Scheels. Shipped it to my FFL friend, and saved a bunch of $.
Old 05-25-2010, 3:29 PM
Banned

Default Be careful with this guy

TROLLING REMOVED

Last edited by Kestryll; 05-25-2010 at 4:13 PM..
Old 05-25-2010, 4:01 PM
Banned

Default My dealings

TROLLING REMOVED

Old 05-25-2010, 4:06 PM
Veteran Member

Two first time posters dredge up this old post on the same day and comment to the same effect? Wow. Someone has a grudge. Who wants to take bets that the IP addresses for both posters are the same?
Old 05-25-2010, 4:10 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barabas View Post
Two first time posters dredge up this old post on the same day and comment to the same effect? Wow. Someone has a grudge. Who wants to take bets that the IP addresses for both posters are the same?
I ain't taking that bet since they are using the same IP address.

Just a hint 'fedcop/tracyshooter', coming in to a forum and being obviously deceptive and duplicitous does horrible things to your credibility.

When you come out the gate lying people just don't want to believe you on anything.

Of course being this obvious does make my job easier...

Oh, and next time, try to use email addresses two different email addresses that do not both have your last name in them!
Pretty sneaky there!
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:37 AM

I have been doing business w/ Steve for 15+ years, knowledgeable Guy. Always willing to share info and help you with anything.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

My question is. I want to have a stock or 2 and a barreled action dipped and he has it done. I have never had this done before and would like some feedback on how it turned out and holds up. Anyone?? I think his price was ok. Compare it to others? Anyone else does this??