Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-21-2009, 8:20 AM

Default Political Analysis Methodology and Results

This purpose of this thread is to discuss the political analysis methodology and results.

The results will be collected and presented here:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...tical_Analysis

(Everyone is welcome to update that page with additional results and information but please only add and refine, don't delete.)

The immediate goal is to acquire a complete and accurate model of the gun control position in the minds of the average voter, primarily, (as well as gun control extremists, secondarily).

The next goal will be to develop a set of strategies and tactics to influence public opinion on the RKBA and the 2A.

Ultimately, our goal is to move public opinion in favor of the RKBA and toward defense of the 2A. Even in California.
Old 09-04-2009, 9:22 AM

"The only way to defeat the left — and I have failed in twenty years of arguing this to persuade conservatives — is to turn the table around and attack their moral self-image."

http://www.frontpagemag.com/readArti...px?ARTID=36189
Old 09-04-2009, 9:29 AM
Banned

The only way to promote 2A Around the firearm forum/boards is to not let left leaning posters continue to compare the results of Republicans & democrats on 2A voting & firearms related bills as if they are equally to blame.
Old 09-04-2009, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipser View Post
This purpose of this thread is to discuss the political analysis methodology and results.

The results will be collected and presented here:

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...tical_Analysis

(Everyone is welcome to update that page with additional results and information but please only add and refine, don't delete.)

The immediate goal is to acquire a complete and accurate model of the gun control position in the minds of the average voter, primarily, (as well as gun control extremists, secondarily).

The next goal will be to develop a set of strategies and tactics to influence public opinion on the RKBA and the 2A.

Ultimately, our goal is to move public opinion in favor of the RKBA and toward defense of the 2A. Even in California.
I fear you are using terms that will alienate the average reader-- "model of gun control," "methodology," "analysis"?

It is not clear (to me at least) what we are supposed to do. I would never presume to edit a wiki. I don't even know how.
Old 09-04-2009, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Man View Post
I fear you are using terms that will alienate the average reader-- "model of gun control," "methodology," "analysis"?
"model of the gun control position": in short, how do gun controllers think about the subject? What are their beliefs, prejudices, etc.

"methodology": Simply, the method for going about a task. In this case, I'm proposing a method for going about the task of coming to an understanding of the gun controller mind.

"analysis": Breaking down the whole into parts that can be more easily understood, like taking a gun apart and reassembling it to learn how it works.

Quote:
It is not clear (to me at least) what we are supposed to do. I would never presume to edit a wiki. I don't even know how.
A wiki is designed to be edited by anyone. If you go to the page and click on the edit tab then you can make changes to the page. (I don't think you are required to create a wiki account, but I might be mistaken on that.)

The difference between a wiki and a forum is that what you add to the wiki stays in one place while the posts you make in the forum eventually get moved down the list and lost.

For example, I created a bunch of stubs for pro-gun arguments. I'm sure all of those argments have been made in these forums but good luck finding them. If you add it to the wiki then it will be easy for anyone to find and we can each edit and refine the arguments to make them better. (In a forum, you just add your comments below the previous.)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Calguns Addict

In my experience, nothing short of a lobotomy will change the opinion of an anti.

Why bother trying?

It's better to try to attract people who are on the fence and youths.

The way to do that is to invite people to go shooting, practice responsible gun handling and safety and present a good image as a gun owner.

As far as I can tell your "Political Analysis Methodology and Results" does none of this.

If I had my way, I would s-can the whole thing, it doesn't belong on the calguns wiki.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
In my experience, nothing short of a lobotomy will change the opinion of an anti.
There is much more variation in anti-ness than you are allowing here. I know people who have changed their position. But you are right that nobody changes their mind easily, even those who are not especially anti.

Quote:
It's better to try to attract people who are on the fence and youths.
True. Best place to start is here.

Quote:
As far as I can tell your "Political Analysis Methodology and Results" does none of this.
But even those on the fence have preconceptions that have to be addressed, especially since those on the fence, and youths, tend not to have thought the issue through and tend to rely on what they hear from the media.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=ipser;3017430A wiki is designed to be edited by anyone. If you go to the page and click on the edit tab then you can make changes to the page. (I don't think you are required to create a wiki account, but I might be mistaken on that.)[/QUOTE]

I just checked and you must register first and then you will be able to edit. The edit tab does not appear until you register and signin.

To register on the wiki click on the "creat account" link on the upper right hand corner of any wiki page.