Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-02-2005, 4:36 PM

There are 2 shows coming up that NorCal shooters ought to consider attending.
Cal Expo - March 5th & 6th
Big Reno Show - April 8,9 & 10 http://www.bigrenoshow.com

I will probably skip the Cal Expo one to concentrate my funds in Reno.
Old 03-07-2005, 8:30 PM

I went to the cal expo show on sunday. The only thing I found worth buying was ammo
Old 03-02-2005, 8:36 PM

There's also a gun show at the Cow Palace March 5 & 6.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 PM

Gun Show in Vallejo weekend of April 2. Usually not much to see but Miwall is there so I try to make the trip.
Old 03-03-2005, 5:13 PM
Veteran Member

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAFGO.:
Just received my 3 day pass for Reno in the mail today. It's worth the $12.00 just to avoid standing in the 100 yard long line waiting to buy a ticket. The last Reno show I attended I stood in line to buy a ticket for close to 45 minutes. Not this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be one unlucky guy. In the dozens of times I've gone to the Big Reno Hilton gun show I don't think I ever had to wait for more than one or two people. No matter what day or what time I got there.

Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match
Old 03-20-2005, 4:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Guess I'll have to wait for the Big Reno Gun show. Anybody going to that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm in; pass in hand. I'll show up on Friday. Anybody want to hook up for lunch?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He probably got caught up in the 11AM-1PM rush of Californians arriving from California.

In August 2003 I got to the show around 9AM Friday (Came up Thursday afternoon). From 11AM to 1PM, the aisles got pretty crowded, even for a Friday, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, same thing only it was the November '03 show. Spent Thursday night there, went to show Friday about 8:45 am. I figured I'd be slick and beat the crowd. Apparently everyone else in the states of CA, Nevada, Oregon, Washington & Idaho had the same thoughts. The place was mobbed! That was the longest gun show ticket line I've ever waited in.

I'll keep the same schedule this time and go Thursday night / Friday morning. 'Course since I bought a pass, there'll only be two people in line ahead of me this time.
Old 03-03-2005, 4:51 PM

You forgot the Crossroads of the West gun show in Reno on March 19th & 20th at the Reno convention center. Not quite as big as the Big Reno Guns Show but still good.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin
Old 03-03-2005, 11:46 AM

man i got to get out to the reno show someday! i heard some great stuff about it! cal expo shows are alright, i dont go every time and usually dont buy anything but still fun to go look around with my friends. (buy ammo)
Old 03-12-2005, 6:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAFGO.:
Just received my 3 day pass for Reno in the mail today. It's worth the $12.00 just to avoid standing in the 100 yard long line waiting to buy a ticket. The last Reno show I attended I stood in line to buy a ticket for close to 45 minutes. Not this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
JAFGO,

Thanks for the tip regarding the 3-day pass. Mine arrived in the mail today. Reno, here I come (despite the fact that I drove up there 3 times this last week)!
Old 03-03-2005, 4:51 PM

Also mark June 18 and 19, 2005 for the Mustang Range Machinegun Shoot in Fernley NV.

Go to www.MustangRange.com for more info
Old 03-02-2005, 4:36 PM

There are 2 shows coming up that NorCal shooters ought to consider attending.
Cal Expo - March 5th & 6th
Big Reno Show - April 8,9 & 10 http://www.bigrenoshow.com

I will probably skip the Cal Expo one to concentrate my funds in Reno.
Old 04-10-2005, 9:42 AM
bhpdvcm24@sbcglobal.net

Miwall is about the only reason I go to Cal Expo anymore. The last 2 or 3 times I went, that show was maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of what it was.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:19 PM

Well I went to the Crossroads show in Reno and it definetly was not as good as last year. It was about half the size and not much there. I was hoping to pick up a AR upper but only a few there and way over priced. Did pick up some Argentine .308 at Miwalls, but that was about it. Guess I'll have to wait for the Big Reno Gun show. Anybody going to that?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin
Old 03-20-2005, 5:30 PM

I've got my reservation at the Hilton, a pre-purchased ticket, and my C&R license.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM

Just received my 3 day pass for Reno in the mail today. It's worth the $12.00 just to avoid standing in the 100 yard long line waiting to buy a ticket. The last Reno show I attended I stood in line to buy a ticket for close to 45 minutes. Not this time.
Old 03-22-2005, 4:05 PM

MadMex,
I'll be going to the show on Friday. What time and where do you want to meet for lunch? Anyone else want to meet up for lunch?

Old 03-02-2005, 6:50 PM

I'll probably go to the Cal Expo show only because it's right down the street and I have the $1 off coupon. Might even buy some ammo.