Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM

Default CA Hunter Ed for Non-resident CCW Advantage?

I see people are taking training classes specifically for UT and FL non resident CCW permits.

FL will accept a Hunter Education Course for their training requirement.

Would it be advantageous to complete a CA Hunter Education Course in lieu of a special out out state CCW class?

1. You can get a California Hunting License and support California hunting
2. You can qualify for all of the exclusions to P.C. 12025 afforded hunters
Old 08-11-2009, 3:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The training courses offer you exactly that, training. If you are going to CCW it is a good idea to know what you are doing and how to apply the traing when/if you need it. They also inform you of laws and regulation, so you can use you firearm lawfully and avoid having it revoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
Its very rare LEO encounter some armed crazy who is going to kill them, but it happens enough to warrant their training....... And its rare to encounter LEO willing to lie, cheat and falsify testimony, but it happens enough to warrant invoking all your rights the second you are stopped.
Old 08-13-2009, 8:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Regradless of any hunter training class you wil still have to take the required class from each state from a certified trainer for that state in order to get ccw from Florida and/or Utah.

Some trainers are certified in both states as my was and I did both classes together. You will still have to qualify with handgun for Florida permit. Hunter safety class dos not address handguns to the extent that Florida likes so you will still have to qualify.
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!