Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-17-2005, 1:41 PM

SB 357 the incredibly ill conceived handgun ammunition serialization bill is to be heard before the Assembly Public Safety Committee on June 28. Let's keep the pressure on. I've already sent letters to all committee members:
Mark Leno (D)-Chair
Jay LaSuer (R)-Vice Chair
Jackie Goldberg (D)
Rebecca Cohn (D)
Mervyn Dymally (D)
Todd Spitzer (R)

Leno, Goldberg, and Cohn are very likely to support the measure, but we should still write opposition letter to them. LaSuer and Spitzer are very likely to oppose the measure. The only one I'm not entirely sure about is Dymally. Based on some communications I had with his office last year I think he leans towards gun control, but isn't as rabidly anti-gun as some others.

Now is the time to keep the pressure on. Especially if you live in any of the committee member's district write letters, make phone calls, send emails etc. I think short, to the point written letters are the most effective.