Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 07-24-2005, 2:16 PM

Well after a long time trying to decide on either an FN BHP or a cz75B i have come to the conclusion that i want a CZ 75b. I live in california so i guess i will need to order it with a low cap magazine.

I have been looking for decent prices on the CZ and the only place i can find is http://www.academy.com/ they sell the CZ75b in black polycoat with one ten round magazine for 389.00. So far this has been the cheapest online. Now i just need to find an FFL holder that wont rip me off. I also live in the SF Bay area so if there is anyone that knows of a good shop around there that has a cz for sale, please let me know, as i would rather buy it in person.

Anything i should know before buying this?,389.00 a good price? The only other pistol i have is a cz52, well i have a colt 1902 from my grandfather but never shoot it.
Old 07-24-2005, 4:04 PM

Turners has them on sale until August 3 for $399.

Does Turners have a shop up North?

$389 is a good price, but it will all depend on how much you get hit up for the transfer fees. Most likely better off paying a shop the typical $449 locally.

While I am more accurate with my CZ, I'd sell it before I'd ever let go of my HP's. Smaller, lighter, and feels a little better in my hand.

كافر - Infidel

NRA PATRON MEMBER
Old 07-24-2005, 4:36 PM

JGsales has them on sale now for 369.00.

I also agree with Jeff's comments about the cz & hi-power... but I don't think I'd sell my cz either

oh, yes... 389 is a good price as of late. Mine was less than $350 but that was about 3 years ago.
Old 07-24-2005, 4:43 PM

unforunatly there are no Turners in my area, they all seem to be in souther california. I am going to call a few stores in my area and see if they have any good deals, if not ill checo out JGsales. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-24-2005, 5:49 PM

Especially with HP's for $399...

Call around. Anything you can get for $450 and below will be better then mail order just for the saved headaches, etc involved.

Should not be an issue.

كافر - Infidel

NRA PATRON MEMBER
Old 07-24-2005, 6:12 PM

Traders in San Leandro used to have them on sale frequently for way under $400. They may still be willing to give you a nice price even without a sale, couldn't hurt to ask or make an offer.
Old 07-25-2005, 9:25 AM
Banned

I was in Traders last week and saw only one CZ Pistol (a Rami) Traders stock seems very low compared to the past.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:53 AM

so far I have found this east-coast dealerto be the cheapest for new CZ.

After talking to an FFL here, it seems I'll be adding about $100 for shipping, transfer and taxes (sales or use tax). Then add another $25 for DROS. The FFL I spoke to said he will not charge the tax if handgun came from a private seller.

[edited]

wouldn't you know!!!!! I called the long-island place to inquire about another handgun and asked about the CZ75B pricing. seems the new prices they had on their website is for the previous year's model. The new pricing is now $499. bummer!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 1:19 PM

i called traders and asked if they had any in stock, he said no but he could special order one for 440.00 I forgot to ask if that included shipping and additional taxes. Should i go with it? I called a few other places in my area and none seems to have any in stock
Old 07-25-2005, 1:35 PM
Veteran Member

$440 is a bit high, IMO, though the price on new CZ75Bs has been going up steadily for a few years now, and not many people in the Bay Area stock them with any regularity.

Krausewerk used to carry them - one of mine came from there originally.
http://www.krausewerk.com/

Also, you might check at City Arms to see what he could quote you on one.
http://www.city-arms.com

I've bought mine through PPT, and they show up now and again. If you're not in a big hurry and don't mind used, you could ask around at http://www.czforum.com as well as the sale forum here to see if someone's selling one.

max

NRA Life Member
Old 07-25-2005, 4:07 PM

Old West Gun Room on Carlson just off San Pablo in El Cerrito has a new 9mm CZ75B for $499. I didn't try negotiating for a discount. I'm sure if you search on the net for the above name, you'll find a phone number.

It has a "CZ75B military" style grips, which looks like the grips on the CZ75 Retro.

what happened to the academy site for $389? I guess by the time you factor in shipping and FFL transfer fee that it will be around $450 anyway (before taxes and DROS).
Old 07-25-2005, 4:11 PM

ohh, $499? seems a little high, but I will see if I can talk him down some. Is is the black polycoat or the glossy finish?
Old 07-25-2005, 4:16 PM

I believe it is the black polycoat. The DOJ does not list the glossy as a certified CZ75 full-size gun for sale here.
Old 07-25-2005, 5:21 PM

actually I found this link http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142347 this looks like a very good idea, I just need to find a FFL holder in my area that wont rip me off. I cannot find a dealer who will charge less then 50 bucks anywhere near me(walnut creek area)
Old 07-25-2005, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Dealers are going to charge at least $45 or $50. The state fees run I think $25 so the dealer needs to make something for his trouble. You can watch here for guns for sale.
http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm11

Last here are cz75 compacts for $369 in modesto, http://www.gunparts.citymax.com/page/page/727577.htm Mark
Old 07-25-2005, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by StrangeBrew:
actually I found this link http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142347 this looks like a very good idea, I just need to find a FFL holder in my area that wont rip me off. I cannot find a dealer who will charge less then 50 bucks anywhere near me(walnut creek area)
I saw that too, but the group buy is taking too long to complete. you can see the date he started, and he's only half way. okay, I guess, if you're willing to wait another couple of months unless 10+ people suddenly jumped on the bandwagon to buy.

Besides, when you add shipping, taxes and transfer fee, you'll be looking at about $90 to $100 extra. Then on top of that, $25 for DROS. Not counting DROS, that $360 CZ75B is already $450. Some FFL may not charge transfer fee if you happen to find a gun through him. and if it is a consignment, you additionally don't pay taxes. so unless the handgun you found on the net is approx $300 from a dealer, it's hard to justify shipping it in to save less than $50. That's just my opinion so I'm looking at purchasing a local gun. In fact, I have something lined up for tomorrow afternoon, and I won't spill the beans for now.

breaking all this up:
transfer fee approx $40. shipping approx $20.
taxes (if seller is a business) is 8%+ of purchase price. DROS $25.
Old 07-25-2005, 9:48 PM

yeah, you do have a point. Unfortunatly i called around today and i could not find many dealers taht even had a cz75b. Tomarrow i am going to go in and try to talk to the people at the old west gun room and see if i can geta better deal. Any advise? Thanks again for all the help
Old 07-25-2005, 10:29 PM

Quote:
yeah, you do have a point. Unfortunatly i called around today and i could not find many dealers taht even had a cz75b. Tomarrow i am going to go in and try to talk to the people at the old west gun room and see if i can geta better deal. Any advise? Thanks again for all the help
sorry...no advice regarding the negotiating for a lower price at the old west gun room. The thing that keeps bugging me is that damn "retro" grip on the CZ75B. From what I read, I don't believe that combo is sold by CZ-USA anymore. If it really is the CZ75B Military, then it was only offered between 1997 and 2001.

so question is, is that handgun I saw a real CZ75B military? if it is, it's technically a new 4yo pistol. I didn't know enough at the time to question him more about it. if it is 4yo, maybe that's your bargaining chip....

regardless, here's a good blurp I found on this handgun.

and the handgun I saw looks like this one from a long-island dealer. I called this dealer today to see if it was still available and it is. It's used, but he thinks it's "like new"; possibly never been shot with. he said it is $410+. Again, add approx $90 and you're at $500 mark again. He also said that he may swap the one hi-cap mag for a normal 10rounder for shipping to CA.

as a comparison, a CZ75 Retro

and another ad for CZ75B Retro. Unfortunately no photo; In fact, ad said it has full spur hammer, so it looks like the retro pic above, and not the military model.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

For questions about the differences between CZ75s and which model is which, you really can't beat the folks over at http://www.czforum.com.
Good folks, with lots of experience.

max

NRA Life Member
Old 07-26-2005, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GunsnRovers:
While I am more accurate with my CZ, I'd sell it before I'd ever let go of my HP's. Smaller, lighter, and feels a little better in my hand.
My HP seems to be my most accurate pistol and a great feel, and I'm not pleased with the CZ trigger or accuracy.

I'd almost sell the CZ, but I rarely sell a firearm.
Old 07-26-2005, 1:31 PM

I think i am going to just buy the gun online, i have had bad luck finding anyone with a cz75b let alone find a good price on one. The lowest price I have found was at the old west gun room for 499 and it might be an old model. I just dont feel like talking down on a gun that is 100 dollars overpriced.
Old 07-26-2005, 2:49 PM

sent you a PM
Old 07-26-2005, 5:50 PM
Veteran Member

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976463127.htm There's more at gunsamerica too. Mark
Old 07-26-2005, 8:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Or you can check THIS
YOUr shipping would run 25.00, and the buy it now is only 379.00, and Rob Blank would transfer it for 65.00
+25.00
total= 469.00 out the door, and only leaving the comfort of your home to do the transfer.
Also he is willing to trade for women!

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Colossians323:
Or you can check THIS
YOUr shipping would run 25.00, and the buy it now is only 379.00, and Rob Blank would transfer it for 65.00
+25.00
total= 469.00 out the door, and only leaving the comfort of your home to do the transfer.
Also he is willing to trade for women!
some FFL will collect use tax on this. even if they don't, you're obligated to declare and pay use tax on your next tax filing. Gun sales have too much paper trail to avoid paying the tax. That $469 is coming awfully close to %500...What a pain with trying to ship guns in to Cali.....
Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by railroader:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976463127.htm There's more at gunsamerica too. Mark
This Brice guy has not responded to my emails....and the phone number that gets published to you when you ask seller a question, well, it doesn't belong to brice. The guy that owns the phone number is a little ticked off about phone calls to him inquiring about "the colt 45". he doesn't have any..any guns that is...LOL!!!! If I was him, I probably will change my phone number..
Old 07-27-2005, 4:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gab:

some FFL will collect use tax on this. even if they don't, you're obligated to declare and pay use tax on your next tax filing. Gun sales have too much paper trail to avoid paying the tax. That $469 is coming awfully close to %500...What a pain with trying to ship guns in to Cali.....
I have never tried shipping a gun, but have had several shipped to my ffl, and never had a problem, all went as smooth as silk.
As far as a paper trail, that trail is for limited eyes only such as ATF, and the FFL, unless there is an investigation of a crime.

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 07-27-2005, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Colossians323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gab:

I have never tried shipping a gun, but have had several shipped to my ffl, and never had a problem, all went as smooth as silk.
As far as a paper trail, that trail is for limited eyes only such as ATF, and the FFL, unless there is an investigation of a crime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a can find a FFL that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for transfer, and is not obligated to collect USE tax, then that's the way to go... what about the FFL? Does he declare during his tax filings what transactions were performed, and somehow, that may lead back to me? or say he's audited and they get copies of his transaction history, and from there leads to me...Also, a private individual selling/shipping a gun to my FFL does not incur USE tax (that's what my FFL contact says).
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM

CZ-75...
I just wish I could get one here in nickel or glossy blue!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM

icormba,

you want a .40 CZ75B in glossy blue that hasn't been fired much (if at all)??? It's 9yo but the consignment owner appears to want to much for it - $475. won't even want to go down to $450. he probably thinks it's now a "collector's item". PM me if you want a contact...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gab:
he probably thinks it's now a "collector's item". PM me if you want a contact...
California collector's item

to bad it's not in 9mm.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:57 PM

Icormba, why dont you get in on this group buy? http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142347
I think they have what you are looking for, and they almost have enough people, Gab is going to check it out too.

Edit: nevermind, forgot that the glossy coat is not allowed to be shipped here. Wonder why.
Old 07-28-2005, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Icormba, why dont you get in on this group buy? http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142347
I think they have what you are looking for, and they almost have enough people, Gab is going to check it out too.

Edit: nevermind, forgot that the glossy coat is not allowed to be shipped here. Wonder why.
ohhhh...ahhhh...
CZ 97 45 ACP black polycoat - 466 + s/h
CZ 97 45 ACP glossy blue - 478 + s/h
Old 07-28-2005, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by icormba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StrangeBrew:

ohhhh...ahhhh...
CZ 97 45 ACP black polycoat - 466 + s/h
CZ 97 45 ACP glossy blue - 478 + s/h </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! that was tempting too but I figured a .45 might be too big a gun for me as a 1st gun. I'm getting .40

The glossy blue would be nice. maybe something I'll get when I move interstate.
Old 08-02-2005, 9:06 PM

Last week I saw a used CZ75B at River City Gun Exchange for under $400. They're good people to deal with, if you don't mind coming to Sacramento.

Contact info off their very modest web site:
River City Gun Exchange
2358 Fruitridge Road
Sacramento, Ca. 95822
Phone #: 916-428-0374
dleong2@sbcglobal.net