Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 07-01-2005, 6:23 PM

Hello all. I'm buying a gun from another member in my area. Would it be possible to meet at a designated dealer and do the transfer there, and not have to use two separate dealers?

I know there's a 10 day wait, but could the dealer hold the gun for the ten days once the seller has the money?
Old 07-01-2005, 9:13 PM

Thanks a lot. I know a few shops around town here. Just gotta set one up.

Thanks again for the help
Old 07-02-2005, 9:25 AM

Yes, you both need to be there at the shop at the same time. For a handgun transfer, you also need the following:
- Handgun Safety certificate
- Proof of residency (e.g. utility bill)
- Your driver's license should preferably show your correct address; if it doesn't you should have one of those official change of address cards from the DMV (this is not necessarily an official requirement of the DOJ depending on the situation, but a number of FFLs like Turner's want to cover their *** so they require it).
- Gun lock purchased in the last 30 days, or sign an affidavit stating you own a CA-DOJ approved gun safe or lock box. (this is required whether handgun or long gun)

Don't forget you can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days directly from an FFL (or through an FFL via mail), but you can buy as many as you want via PPT (they don't count against the 1 per 30 days). No restriction like this on long guns.

Hope I didn't forget anything important.
Old 07-01-2005, 8:33 PM

You don't need the services of 2 FFLs. You do the transfer at the chosen FFLs location. Buyer hands the seller the funds, buyer fills out the 4473, FFL will need Seller/Buyers info for the DROS on a PPT. Seller walks away with the money - the buyer waits the mandatory 10 wait and picks up his new gun from the FFL - that's of course no hiccups on the background check.