Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 10-22-2017, 6:45 PM
Veteran Member

Default Learn Me Good - Eldorado National Forest

The family is getting together for a combination Pearl Habor Day, Mom's Birthday, Parent's Anniversary, Xmas thing the the 7-11th of Dec. up in South Lake Tahoe.

While up there, I was hoping to take a morning or two to hunt upland bird and maybe squirrels/rabbits if there are any to be found. Not even sure what, if anything, will be active up there that late in the year, but I figure "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

However, I'm not super familiar with the area, and even less familiar with the access points/parking areas for Eldorado National. Their website is surprisingly unhelpful with this so I'm throwing myself on the mercy of my fellow CGN hunters.

I'm not asking for anybody's honey-hole, just point me in the direction of a good/safe place to access the forest and hopefully not get my truck broken into.

Thanks in advance, guys!

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.
Old 10-22-2017, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Meant to put this in the hunting forum if the mods see this, can it please be moved? Thank you!