Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-06-2010, 9:30 PM
CGN Contributor

Yes they are. Serbu is very CA-friendly.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 02-17-2010, 7:48 PM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

I have 2 MKIII uppers and I love them. One BMG that I shoot out of state and one in DTC that I shoot up at Angeles. No probs at all and love shooting the caliber. I would love to buy a Windrunner or Barrett but just cant see spending that much for something I only shoot a few times a year.

I recently saw a post of a DTC firing out of battery up at Angeles and I hope it was a fluke or something the shooter did and not a manufacturer problem. I guess we will see in the future.
Old 02-17-2010, 8:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Took mine out last weekend and put 40 downrange no problem. Kicks like a BASTARD, but shoots beautifully. I'm installing an ArmaLite AR50 MB on it Friday, so we'll see if I can't tame the beast a bit. Here's one of my 3-shot groups from Sunday, 2/14:

*FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER IN SACRAMENTO*http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=393331 GUNS 4 SALE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=923745 WILSON COMBAT MAGS------ http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=928518
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
I'll be happy to do your research for you. Next time, it's called google.com. Spelled just like it sounds. Search for U.S. Navy Contract #N00164-93-C-205 for the 10x42M. Used by Seals and Marines. You can look up the rest.

You're right, you don't know me. Actually, you know more about me than I know about Ford Pintos. I know my wife digs the hell out of her Mercedes ML55, and I can only assume it is better than a Ford Pinto. I don't know if it's so much because I own the Benz, I paid $75K for it, or I read on the Internet that Ford Pintos blow up. I've got a lot of toys. LOTS of toys. I've got the stuff that other people talk about because they can't get their hands on it, or can't afford it. But I'm not trying to sound like I'm bragging. I'm making a point.

My Bohica purchase had absolutely nothing to do with price. Nothing. I buy what I want, when I want. I don't care about price tags.

The thing that I liked about BOHICA was the story. I totally dig when someone enters a market with a new product, especially someone that has the balls to jump into a maelstorm that is the firearms industry. I support creativity and a great business model. BOHICA has both.

So you read about BOHICA on the Internet. Sorry, that makes you a parrot (see previous post), not an expert. Do you go and scream from the mountain top every time that you get something great, or just when it sux? Most people only complain, they never share accolades. Especially on the Internet. It's just a thing. And there are a lot more parrots than experts.

I want facts, not stories. So you'll have to excuse me when I am suspicious when somebody I don't know starts a story off that their best friend Larry's brother's uncle let them borrow a rifle and it exploded and killed everybody on the range and 4 SWAT officers said they would never have bought that POS anyway. Facts. That's just me.

As far as being a novelty, people used to say the same thing about the horseless carriage. Now look at all the cars we have. Well, at least until the eco-Nazis ban the use of petroleum products, and PITA bans the use of animals. Products improve and evolve. My guess, based upon history, is that the BOHICA will improve.

Now here's the part where you need to not just read but also comprehend.

Did I say BOHICAs are the best weapon out there? I don't even know what best means. But in any event, the answer is no I didn't. I don't believe they are the best. I believe they are adequate, and right now, that's enough.

Did I say they are winning any competitions? No, in fact I said they aren't. There are some guys that are getting there, but not quite yet. Someday though, maybe.

Did I say that a teenager can shoot a 4" clay at 1,000 yards 50% of the time without heat-seeking bullets? No, I didn't.

Is the BOHICA the best weapon I have? At last count I have 31 rifles. Again, I don't know what the definition of better or best is, but yeah, I am very certain I have other rifles that are better. When I go to the range I take 10-12 weapons with me. If one of them breaks (which happens from time to time) and it's safe, I'll just bag it until I get home. I wouldn't drive two hours to the range with one weapon, but that's just me.

Is the BOHICA a great value? Maybe for some, but I'm not a price-driven buyer.

Would I save $1,500 for a year to buy one? I don't know, I just paid cash.

Does the BOHICA have bugs that need to be worked out? Obviously the answer is yes.

Does BOHICA demonstrate the commitment, ability and willingness to continuous improvement? Yes.

Does BOHICA have the wherewithal and vision to build a world-class weapon system? Having watched the progression from MKI to MKII to MKIII, the answer is a strong maybe. That's why I support BOHICA, and that's what makes BOHICA owners leaders and not sheep.

So if you pick and choose what to buy because you read about it on the Internet, the BOHICA may not be for you. If you are looking for a mall ninga 50 BMG, the BOHICA is probably not for you. If you want to shoot 1" dots at 1,000 yards all day long as long as you do your part, the BOHICA is not for you.

The bottom line is that you can pick and chose why you don't like something, and it's always easier to say no. Humans are predisposed to no. It's harder to see someone's vision and say you want to be part of making them successful. The safe choice is always, safe. Stepping out on the ledge takes courage. It takes no courage at all to kill someone else's dreams. Just apathy.

You are so baller. +10 E-penis.
Old 02-19-2010, 6:01 PM

CSA,
Ya know there are 3 sides to every story, you should go over to Orkan's site and read his side of things. I personally don't care as it has nothing to do with me but it also makes you wonder.

I spoke to someone earlier and part of it had to do with BOHICA, I did like the design and thought that having one would be kinda cool. After having that little talk I won't be buying one any time soon unless the upper is modified to be safe.

Other companies selling uppers have recalled and put out warnings on their uppers. Chris needs to get his act together and put something out for the current and future owners.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

Default Sat at Angeles

[/IMG]Put another 30 rounds through my MK3 upper in between rain showers at Angeles on Sat. Good Stuff-

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (54.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by joefreas; 03-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: attachment
Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRIS View Post
So I am looking at getting a Bohica .50dtc as a entry level rifle, where can I find a complete rifle at??? I would just rather buy a complete rifle instead of buying a upper and then a lower from somewhere else.
Thanks
Chris
Ill sell you a mkII Bohica, SS scope w burris rings, DPMS single shot lower, hoag grip, Shoots great, no issues whatsoever, I just want to build a 308. Probably about 2300.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My stuff, vacation 022.jpg (86.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

I just got off the phone with BOHICA today. They have a new firing pin that doesn't use the C-clips to hold it in place. I had one come off when I was shooting some pretty hot military surplus BMG ammo. I ordered up two of them and hopefully won't have that problem again. Other than that they have been great uppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
"A true patriot would repeal the patriot act"
Ron Paul
Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Shooter View Post
CSA,
Ya know there are 3 sides to every story, you should go over to Orkan's site and read his side of things. I personally don't care as it has nothing to do with me but it also makes you wonder.

I spoke to someone earlier and part of it had to do with BOHICA, I did like the design and thought that having one would be kinda cool. After having that little talk I won't be buying one any time soon unless the upper is modified to be safe.

Other companies selling uppers have recalled and put out warnings on their uppers. Chris needs to get his act together and put something out for the current and future owners.
I haven't visited this thread for a while so, I didn't see this. I have had to deal with Orkan and his BS personally so, I really don't need to read any more of it. I really can't believe anything he says or posts. He can stay on his little site and keep acting as imature as he wants to. The only thing I wonder about Orkan is why is a +30 year old, seemingly employed man who is not phyiscally handicapped still living in his parent's basement? OK, maybe he doesn't live in the basement but, last I knew, he still lived at his parent's house because he is too imature to live on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefreas View Post
I just got off the phone with BOHICA today. They have a new firing pin that doesn't use the C-clips to hold it in place. I had one come off when I was shooting some pretty hot military surplus BMG ammo. I ordered up two of them and hopefully won't have that problem again. Other than that they have been great uppers.
Great to know! BTW, it's not a good practise to shoot real mil surplus ammo out of most, if not all, shoulder fired 50s. Most military ammo was made for M2s and M3s and is on the extremely hot side. Most 50BMG rifles were not ment to shoot this stuff. I suggest demilling and reloading it to normal rifle loads. Yes, certain imported mil surplus ammo has been responible for blowning up several 50BMG rifles because it was way to hot. Never shoot any yellow tipped ball ammo unless you know that it has been pulled down and reloaded to a safe load!!!!!

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 03-30-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 1:11 PM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

Thanks, I pulled a round and checked. Was right at the max load, so I figured hot but not deadly. Only had 9 left but the C-clip came off after about 5 shots. Going to try the "new and improved" pin and see if that helps. Oh yea and some better ammo too.

I will definitely watch out for the yellow tipped stuff-

Quote:
Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
Ron Paul
Old 03-30-2010, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I pulled a round and checked. Was right at the max load, so I figured hot but not deadly. Only had 9 left but the C-clip came off after about 5 shots. Going to try the "new and improved" pin and see if that helps. Oh yea and some better ammo too.

I will definitely watch out for the yellow tipped stuff-
any chance you can post some pics of the new and old firing pin for comparison? ive got a bohica myself and im curious to know if i should call up and get one of those new pins. thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 8:07 AM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

Default New BOHICA firing pin pics (coming soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdaughg View Post
any chance you can post some pics of the new and old firing pin for comparison? ive got a bohica myself and im curious to know if i should call up and get one of those new pins. thanks.
I sure will. It is supposed to arrive on April 1st so when I get it I will definitley post some pics.

Quote:
Ron Paul
Old 04-05-2010, 8:39 AM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

Default Firing Pins Arrived

Quote:
I sure will. It is supposed to arrive on April 1st so when I get it I will definitley post some pics.
Well they showed up last week. Here is a few pics of the pins. The silver pin is the new one. I had to grind down the rear of the old pin to get it out of the bolt. It had mushroomed a bit.

I went and tested out the new pin on Saturday up at ASR and it seemed to work fine. I fired about 25 shots and had no misfires. This pin looks to be made out of a harder material that dosen't seem to be mushrooming as the previous one did.

Quote:
Ron Paul
Old 04-11-2010, 12:04 PM

that new one is quite a bit different. looks like im going to have to put in a call to them for a new one. hopefully i can get it before next weekend so i can try it out when i go shoot.
Old 04-11-2010, 4:41 PM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

They sent mine out from Arizona the same day I ordered them, it took about three days to get them. They were $30 each. I have had mine out twice since I installation and they have worked great. I have 2 BOHICA uppers and the clips came off of both of them. I definitley recommend the new pin.

Quote:
Ron Paul