Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:22 AM

I've seen one at a local shop. Looks pretty nice. Comes with a grip/full stock, ghost ring sights and a muzzle break.

Any comments on this gun?
Old 07-24-2005, 3:50 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I like mine!

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 07-24-2005, 4:51 PM
Veteran Member

I've always liked Benelli's..

I just picked up a M1014 from a board member, it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 07-24-2005, 6:33 PM

+1

I have an older M1 tactical with the full tube and the pistol grip; runs like a clock. Beats me up a little with high brass shells but that's ok.

The short recoil Benellis do seem sensitive to how much extra 'bling' you hang off them though; I have the SureFire forend and found that I was having cycling difficulty with the lo-recoil Remington loads so I stopped using those- kept to full power and had no further problems. Then I put a side-saddle on and it started the same short cycle failures even with the full power loads. Take the side-saddle off and again, no problems. I decided I'd rather have the light and 8 in the tube than no light and 6 extra on the side.
Benelli will sell you a 'low power' spring set that is supposed to take care of this problem permanently; I've also heard of gunsmiths that will tweak your standard spring, but I decided to just leave it alone.

\"Honest Honey, this isn\'t a new rifle, it was just in the back of the safe...\"
Old 07-24-2005, 6:41 PM

I got my M1S90 and love it, i am glad i spent the $.

Andy
Old 07-24-2005, 7:08 PM

Yeap, I loves my M1S90. Lots of run at the range. I've shot light target loads out of it without any problems.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:43 AM

I have an M1 90 tactical at bedside as well. I live in central america in an area that gets dicey at times. The gun has an extended mag tube and surefire light and will not cycle with light loads. However, with high brass buckshot it's flawless and quick. I conceal carry a hand gun at all times outside and in the city, but it's nice to have an equalizer like the M1 inside the house.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:16 PM

I HAVE THE M1-S90 AND I HAVE A SIDESADDLE AND THE SUREFIRE LIGHT ON MINE. I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS SHOOTINH FEDERAL LOW RECOIL 00-BUCK. ANTICIPATING PROBLEMS I DID PURCHASE A REDUCED POWER RECOIL SPRING. I ALSO PUT THE GG&G CHARGING HANDLE ON MINE. I LOVE IT.
Old 08-24-2005, 6:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

What price would one expect to pay for a nice used one, or new one?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 09-05-2005, 3:34 PM

I just bought one, I had a tough time finding one in California with ghost rings on it. I love it, took it out to the range on Wednesday. It cycled everything I threw at it including 1 oz. target loads. Also shot some full powered 3 inch slugs; those definitley hurt the shoulder!

Mine was priced at $999, and I didn't want to deal with buying from out of State. I also bought the Pistol grip for it (obviously) and the 4 round magazine extension (which isn't sold any more). Great, fun gun.

I don't have the extension on because I've heard from multiple sources that it's illegal to do so.

Here's my gun:
Old 09-07-2005, 4:39 PM

I still have to wait seven more days for mine. But I'll let you know once I try it out. Got it from Akula for a really good price with the extension and ghost ring sights. Very excited about it.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So, is this permutation of the M1S90 legal to bring into the state?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 09-09-2005, 3:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jdberger:
So, is this permutation of the M1S90 legal to bring into the state?

YES

Quote:
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 09-10-2005, 6:59 PM

What do you mean you never liked it? I just put my four shot extension on with the standard foreend....and I have yet to shoot it. ?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Calguns Addict

THe oddest thing I've found is I get 100% functioning with the straight-gripped stock with any load I've tried so far, but when I add the pistol gripped stock (I have both), I get stovepipes and failures- like there's not enough recoil to drive the action.

My theory is since I;m such a big guy, when I hold the pistol grip, the gun doesn;t recoil enough on my body to cycle right without full power loads. After shooting both, I'm faster and more accurate with the straight stock also, though I admit, the pistol grip looks cool as heck!

All I've got on mine is the 4 shot mag ext., plus a stock-based ammo carrier with built in cheek pad. Mines an old H&K marked one from back in '94 or so,

-Dave
Old 09-11-2005, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave A.:
THe oddest thing I've found is I get 100% functioning with the straight-gripped stock with any load I've tried so far, but when I add the pistol gripped stock (I have both), I get stovepipes and failures- like there's not enough recoil to drive the action.

My theory is since I;m such a big guy, when I hold the pistol grip, the gun doesn;t recoil enough on my body to cycle right without full power loads. After shooting both, I'm faster and more accurate with the straight stock also, though I admit, the pistol grip looks cool as heck!

All I've got on mine is the 4 shot mag ext., plus a stock-based ammo carrier with built in cheek pad. Mines an old H&K marked one from back in '94 or so,

-Dave
I noticed several people on arfcom who had similar experiences with functioning problems only with the pistol gripped stock.
Old 09-11-2005, 7:26 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by esskay:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave A.:

-Dave
I noticed several people on arfcom who had similar experiences with functioning problems only with the pistol gripped stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've read up alot on this shotgun before I purchased, and read that normally changing out the mag spring solves this problem.
Is this true?

Quote:
Old 09-11-2005, 5:06 PM

Jason,
If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase the sweet shotgun? I am looking to get a shotgun and am very intersted in M190t. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonR:
I just bought one, I had a tough time finding one in California with ghost rings on it. I love it, took it out to the range on Wednesday. It cycled everything I threw at it including 1 oz. target loads. Also shot some full powered 3 inch slugs; those definitley hurt the shoulder!

Mine was priced at $999, and I didn't want to deal with buying from out of State. I also bought the Pistol grip for it (obviously) and the 4 round magazine extension (which isn't sold any more). Great, fun gun.

I don't have the extension on because I've heard from multiple sources that it's illegal to do so.

Here's my gun:
Old 09-13-2005, 7:33 PM
Calguns Addict

What on earth is that for? I can hit the little button just fine with my palm or finger..

I'd think it would be more useful to sell a 'deburred' release button instead.

-Dave
Old 09-14-2005, 1:34 PM
Calguns Addict

If you "hot swap" a loaded round, the bolt release doesn't work unless you hit the little locking button unddrneath (if I remember right).

I've done it, but I just rack the bolt with my right hand while holding a cartridge in the same hand, let the old one fall, and slip the new one in with the same hand, and let the bolt snap shut. It only locks back automatically if your mag tube is empty and the hammer is down.

There's a neat experiment to try if you have snap caps- you can pull the trigger and manually cycle rounds by thumping the gun down butt-first (not very hard)!

-Dave