Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-26-2009, 7:20 PM

Exclamation Eerie Message from Ellen Tauscher

Did anyone else get this email?

Quote:
Dear Friends,

It has been a true honor and privilege to represent California's 10th Congressional district for the past 13 years.

As you know, President Obama nominated me to become Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security and, on Thursday, the Senate approved the nomination. I likely will resign from Congress this evening.

I am writing to let you know that upon my resignation, my staff, under the supervision of the Clerk of the House, will remain available to the constituents of the 10th district to assist with general constituent services, answer general questions on pending legislation and communicate with the executive branch of government.

Once again, it has been an honor and a privilege to represent you in Congress.

Many thanks,

Ellen O. Tauscher
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I support violence against communists.
The United States once fought and killed communists abroad. Domestically, persons suspect of being a communist faced interrogation, juries, and having their careers and lives destroyed.

Today, they walk among us. They’re on the television, they write for the newspapers, they have infiltrated the schools, the political system, and law enforcement. They call themselves Liberals.
Old 06-26-2009, 7:29 PM

I watched her resign on C-SPAN today.
Old 06-26-2009, 7:33 PM
Banned

Arms Control and International Security? In other words, "helping" Mexico win the drug war by infringing on OUR 2A?
Old 06-26-2009, 7:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Looks like it's about international arms control, not that this stuff doesn't affect us:

http://www.state.gov/t/
Quote:
he Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security serves as Senior Adviser to the President and the Secretary of State for Arms Control, Nonproliferation, and Disarmament. In this capacity, the Under Secretary attends and participates, at the direction of the President, in National Security Council (NSC) and subordinate meetings pertaining to arms control, nonproliferation, and disarmament and has the right to communicate, through the Secretary of State, with the President and members of the NSC on arms control, nonproliferation, and disarmament concerns.

The Under Secretary leads the interagency policy process on nonproliferation and manages global U.S. security policy, principally in the areas of nonproliferation, arms control, regional security and defense relations, and arms transfers and security assistance. The Under Secretary provides policy direction in the following areas: nonproliferation, including the missile and nuclear areas, as well as chemical, biological, and conventional weapons proliferation; arms control, including negotiation, ratification, verification and compliance, and implementation of agreements on strategic, non-conventional, and conventional forces; regional security and defense relations, involving policy regarding U.S. security commitments worldwide as well as on the use of U.S. military forces in unilateral or international peacekeeping roles; and arms transfers and security assistance programs and arms transfer policies. By delegation from the Secretary, the Under Secretary performs a range of functions under the Foreign Assistance Act, Arms Export Control Act, and related legislation. The Bureaus of International Security and Nonproliferation and Political-Military Affairs are under the policy oversight of the Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security. By statute, the Assistant Secretary for Verification, Compliance, and Implementation reports to the Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security.

"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gifNRA Member
Old 06-26-2009, 7:43 PM

922(r), the ATF "barrel ban", NFA 1968, it was all about "international" arms control.

It's all these screwed up laws that make foriegn companies setup a shop in the U.S. to manufacture thier arms here, cause they can't import them. We're also going to see stricter controls on the big toys and fun stuff. They'll probably make it even harder if not impossible to buy foreign surplus, from parts and uniforms to tanks.
Quote:
The United States once fought and killed communists abroad. Domestically, persons suspect of being a communist faced interrogation, juries, and having their careers and lives destroyed.

Today, they walk among us. They’re on the television, they write for the newspapers, they have infiltrated the schools, the political system, and law enforcement. They call themselves Liberals.
Old 06-26-2009, 7:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Ellen's new job will be representing our interests at the UN and elsewhere around the world to:

** Advance the anti-gun agenda.
** Negotiate agreements on WMD including nuclear weapons.

Afraid yet? I am.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Old 06-26-2009, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
Arms Control and International Security? In other words, "helping" Mexico win the drug war by infringing on OUR 2A?
Yep, we do more and lose more so they can do less. In the end, infringing on our 2A rights will not end the drug war. Mexico is so far gone through decades of corruption and bribes that the only way to save the country is to chase all the scumbags off and start over. Not to mention that the heavy artillery (RPGs, automatic weapons, grenades) come from other Latin American/South American countries, not the US.

"The more corrupt the state, the more laws." -Tacitus, Publius Cornelius

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Old 06-26-2009, 8:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
Not in the district - I still have George Miller, pfui! - so didn't get it.

What's eerie about it? Just a polite 'you are not abandoned while the special election is ramping up to fill the seat' message.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-26-2009, 8:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
I didn't get it but she doesn't have my email.

Good riddance to her. Unfortunately her replacement is unlikely to be any better.
Old 06-26-2009, 8:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

This is the wikipedia article on the position for those interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_S...curity_Affairs

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 06-26-2009, 8:57 PM

I've already seen that.
Quote:

Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogatPlay View Post
Ellen's new job will be representing our interests at the UN and elsewhere around the world to:

** Advance the anti-gun agenda.
** Negotiate agreements on WMD including nuclear weapons.
The job is supposed to be to stop proliferation of weapons in the international scene to minimize threats to US security and US citizens. However, considering Tauscher's background and her new boss being Hilary Clinton, you may be right about how she'll carry out her new job. Can anyone visualize Tauscher dealing with folks like Kim Jong Il of North Korea? "Please stop building those nasty nuclear weapons or developing those long range missiles, they really scare us."
Old 06-26-2009, 10:34 PM

I agree nothing errie about the message. I however cant stand this women. I had to sit in a town hall meeting at work a year ago and hear her speak. She is no friend to gun owners.
Old 06-27-2009, 1:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6ATF View Post
From gun control to arms control! She got elected by promising to infringe upon your 2A rights. I remember her stupid anti-NRA commercials early in the 1996 campaign. The Chinese freighters were caught unloading real AK-47 assault rifles in the Port of Oakland, while Tauscher went crazy over ugly semi-automatic weapons...
Old 06-27-2009, 7:39 AM

The list of many Democrats that want to replace her is scary. Only one Republican at this time. I guess they have abandoned my district to the liberals.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Judge Alex Kozinski

Old 06-27-2009, 3:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtt View Post
The job is supposed to be to stop proliferation of weapons in the international scene to minimize threats to US security and US citizens. However, considering Tauscher's background and her new boss being Hilary Clinton, you may be right about how she'll carry out her new job. Can anyone visualize Tauscher dealing with folks like Kim Jong Il of North Korea? "Please stop building those nasty nuclear weapons or developing those long range missiles, they really scare us."
The UN's non-proliferation efforts have hurt - and targeted - private gun owners. Notice how some calibers of surplus ammo have suddenly dried up? Thanks to the UN.

Trust me; this is a position that will be used against us, just indirectly.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
The UN's non-proliferation efforts have hurt - and targeted - private gun owners. Notice how some calibers of surplus ammo have suddenly dried up? Thanks to the UN.

Trust me; this is a position that will be used against us, just indirectly.
It's just another example of your anti-gun president putting another anti-gun politician in the position to do more harm. Obama's admimistration is full of them...
Old 06-28-2009, 8:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Don't I know it.

But hey, every time one of us would sound the alarm before the election, all the gun owners who are Obama fans would say "well, he's not that anti-gun".

How's the humble pie taste, fellas?

Old 06-28-2009, 8:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinkix1953 View Post
From gun control to arms control! She got elected by promising to infringe upon your 2A rights. I remember her stupid anti-NRA commercials early in the 1996 campaign. The Chinese freighters were caught unloading real AK-47 assault rifles in the Port of Oakland, while Tauscher went crazy over ugly semi-automatic weapons...
Was that load of AKs coming into Oakland one of Fenstein's husband Richard Blum's deals?
Old 06-28-2009, 9:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Was that load of AKs coming into Oakland one of Fenstein's husband Richard Blum's deals?
Yep! Blum was really chummy with Wang Ju from Poly-Technologies. He's still WANTED for that gun smuggling racket. Now those COSCO freighters dock in Mexico; because they have big markets for their guns down there.

Deceased anti-gun rep. Tom Lantos's personal secretary was booking flights and hotel rooms for those Chinese gun runners. The feds busted her fanny along with the owner of a Chinese resturaunt near Capitola. Nobody really expects to find real AK-47s in Liberal Santa Crtuz county. Not even the sheriff's SWAT team has fully-automatic Weapons any more...

Last edited by cousinkix1953; 06-29-2009 at 9:28 PM..