Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-09-2005, 4:25 PM

Quote:
One deputy was also wounded, Baca has said, possibly by so-called friendly fire.
so-called?

Quote:
Deputies later found that Hayes, who has an arrest record for narcotics and assault, was unarmed.
shoot now! ask questions later!!

Quote:
Baca said the department has changed its policies on firing at moving vehicles, requiring that deputies independently decide whether to shoot, rather than all firing at a single command.
uhhh... wouldn't that result in the same outcome?

Quote:
Ten of the deputies involved in the shooting later offered a public apology.
that's nice of them
shame on those other 3

woke up quick... just about noon... just thought I had to be in Compton soon.
I gotta get drunk before the day begins...
Old 06-09-2005, 1:48 PM

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- More than a dozen Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies will be disciplined for their roles in a controversial shooting incident in which more than 120 rounds were fired at a vehicle driven by an unarmed suspect, Sheriff Lee Baca announced Thursday.

The 13 deputies will face punishments ranging from written reprimands to 15-day suspensions, Baca said.

During the May 9 incident, a suspect led police on a 12-minute chase through Compton, considered one of the more dangerous cities in Southern California.

The chase ended when officers surrounded the vehicle and opened fire. The driver, 44-year-old Winston Hayes, was hit four times but survived.

One deputy was also wounded, Baca has said, possibly by so-called friendly fire.

Some people who live nearby reported their homes were hit by bullets as well.

Deputies later found that Hayes, who has an arrest record for narcotics and assault, was unarmed.

Baca said the department has changed its policies on firing at moving vehicles, requiring that deputies independently decide whether to shoot, rather than all firing at a single command.

Ten of the deputies involved in the shooting later offered a public apology.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/09/com...ing/index.html
Old 06-09-2005, 10:41 PM

I think being surrounded after a hi-speed chase by 13 cracker Cops and having 120 rounds pumped into your vehicle is a justifiable reason to spark-up a few Owls... at least.

Seems they should ALL report for extensive Tactical Firearms Training to see how it was supposed to be done then immediately report to Tactical Parking Citation Duty stat!
Old 06-09-2005, 6:08 PM

Wow an apology? What a bargain! I think he should get 120 paint ball shots at the 13 officers who shot him. I'm thinking he'd hit more than 4 of them.

I wonder if he has good cause to get a CCW now. I'm sure he's right back on the substance abuse. After living through that who wouldn't?
Old 06-09-2005, 3:01 PM
Veteran Member

Written reprimand...Big Whoop...

If you or I fired on an unarmed man and turned a neighborhood into a war zone, we'd be cooling our fannies in jail for the next 20 years.

"all pigs are created equal, except some pigs are more equal than others" (Orwell)