Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-15-2009, 1:34 PM

Default Monterey county not so lonely

I took my first OLL build to the laguna seca rifle range yesterday with my father to do some sunday range time i was a little apprehensive to bring out my AR at first because i didnt know how these people would react so i started with wy 300 win mag. After the first cease fire i walked down range to reset my target and on the way back to the bench i noticed one man with his bulgarian ak and his colt ar (both were pre ban and he had pre ban mags, lucky) so i chilled out a little bit and started using my EBR and was dropping mags with my BB when i noticed another guy had rented out 3 benches and had his ar's out on the tables and had a few people standing around while he was explaining how they were legal in the proper configuration. some people looked a little confused but that cleared up when i handed out some Calguns Flow charts and FAQ sheets for people to read.It turned out the man is also a fellow calgun member but by the time i left the range we infected a few more people with the Black rifle disease and directed them to the cal guns website to

Anyone on here live in the monterey/salinas area? just curious..
"Liberals hate America, they hate "flag-wavers," they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam (post 9/11). Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."

"If gays can't change, why do liberals think child molesters can?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22 View Post
Its the liberal fallacy.... "All men are equal, except for me, cause I know what is good for you better than you do."

Last edited by Hunter4life1990; 06-15-2009 at 2:01 PM..
Old 06-15-2009, 2:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Good job on the outreach program you did out there.

Yeah, no need to worry about OLL ARs at Laguna Seca. Nobody bats an eye there anymore, about those or AKs either. As long as you're configured legally and you follow the range rules -- all good.

Google the "Laguna Seca Shooting Sports Association" if you want to join a like-minded group of good guys who all like to shoot. There's some kind of pistol or rifle competition every weekend, and membership reduces your range fee significantly.
Old 06-15-2009, 2:40 PM
Calguns Addict

too far for me but good job.
Old 06-15-2009, 2:54 PM
Banned

wow laguna seca sounds like a cool range. I too have caught black rifle disease, seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a AR15.

I noticed you said you were "dropping mags", how does the bullet button work? Is it more expensive to install than the mag lock? I really do not want a top loading AR, so i think my best choice would be for the bullet button but i read you cannot combined a bullet button with "evil" features.

I saw on youtube that you can easily uninstall the mag lock when you go shoot out of state, but its harder to uninstall the BB.

I am totally baffled on what i should go with, but i think i want a BB just like yours.
Old 06-15-2009, 3:07 PM

I am in South Monterey County, King City area. I have never shot at the Laguna Seca range, I need to make it out there one of these days.
Old 06-15-2009, 3:14 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

LS is where I shoot my long guns. Great group of guys who really don't give a rip about OLL. I remember being overwhelmed with questions when I hit the range with my FAB-10 back in 2003. I was also one of the first to get a OLL and got even more questions then. Talk about sweating bullets when you are trying to explain to a bunch of cops how and why you have an AR. Luckily I was a member at that range and knew the RO's on a person level so they took my word for it about the laws and OLL.

These days you can go just about anywhere and find someone shooting an OLL.
Old 06-15-2009, 3:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter4life1990 View Post

I live in Hollister and have been to the Laguna Seca range several times.

Like you I was a little nervous about my EBR. I called the range before hand and they said "no problem", turns out a few of the RO's shoot them.

One time a guy came up to me and asked/told me that's illegal, isn't it?

I explained all the cool stuff I learned here on CG and he too was infected.
It's cool to see their facial expression change from "yeah sure" to "way cool, how much that cost?"
Old 06-15-2009, 3:48 PM

a couple buddys n i go there..

Mainstreetkickboxing.com
Dont Bother Me, Im ShootN
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!
Old 06-15-2009, 3:57 PM

I'm out there all the time with my OLL. One of the RO's is a member here and if your lucky one of these days you will see Laser Devices out there testing out some products.
Old 06-15-2009, 4:23 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGrossman41510 View Post
wow laguna seca sounds like a cool range. I too have caught black rifle disease, seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a AR15.

I noticed you said you were "dropping mags", how does the bullet button work? Is it more expensive to install than the mag lock? I really do not want a top loading AR, so i think my best choice would be for the bullet button but i read you cannot combined a bullet button with "evil" features.

I saw on youtube that you can easily uninstall the mag lock when you go shoot out of state, but its harder to uninstall the BB.

I am totally baffled on what i should go with, but i think i want a BB just like yours.
Having a BB will make your rifle just as much a fixed mag configuration as a mag lock, so no problems with evil features. In fact, adding evil features is the only reason to have a BB.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:27 PM

I'm from Salinas. I always go shoot my AR at Laguna Seca. I just got my first AK and I can't wait to go shoot it. Nice to hear that they are AK friendly.
Old 06-29-2009, 3:33 PM

I grew up shooting at Laguna Seca, First plcae I used a rifle and a pistol. That place is Okay, For free you could just drive to BLM land and do whatever you want.
Old 06-29-2009, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesGrossman41510 View Post

It takes about 5 min to replace the BB with standard mag release when you go out of state. If you'd like it easier, and willing to spend more money (about $38) you can get a Raddlock BB (check riflegear.com) that is easily convertible for BB or detachable configurations with a simple screw driver.
Old 06-30-2009, 2:06 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Kudos to you for doing your educational outreach. Nice job.

Turby
Old 06-30-2009, 2:40 PM

we should do a Calgunners range day at Laguna hehe good chance to show off your goods
"Liberals hate America, they hate "flag-wavers," they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam (post 9/11). Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."

Quote:
Its the liberal fallacy.... "All men are equal, except for me, cause I know what is good for you better than you do."
Old 06-30-2009, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter4life1990 View Post
when i noticed another guy had rented out 3 benches and had his ar's out on the tables and had a few people standing around while he was explaining how they were legal in the proper configuration. some people looked a little confused but that cleared up when i handed out some Calguns Flow charts and FAQ sheets for people to read.It turned out the man is also a fellow calgun member but by the time i left the range we infected a few more people with the Black rifle disease and directed them to the cal guns website to

Any chance did you catch his sn? Great job to both of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 06-30-2009, 3:49 PM

all he said was that he was a member if he said what his sn was i didnt catch it

Quote: