Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-19-2005, 3:23 PM

Are HK SL8's legal to own in CA? I'm new to the state and looking to purchase some new weapons...

Thanks,
MP Davis
Old 02-19-2005, 3:23 PM

Are HK SL8's legal to own in CA? I'm new to the state and looking to purchase some new weapons...

Thanks,
MP Davis
Old 02-19-2005, 6:58 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MP Davis:

Thanks,
MP Davis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im almost sure the SL8 is a no-go, the SL7 is okay.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 02-19-2005, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, if you can find one. I saw one at the Costa Mesa show a few months back but don't remember the price.

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

-Shepard Booke
Old 02-19-2005, 9:34 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydwaiz:
Yes, if you can find one. I saw one at the Costa Mesa show a few months back but don't remember the price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given that SL8's are a no-go in CA, did you REALLY see one at the show for sale? Just curious..

Turby
Old 02-20-2005, 2:19 PM

He might have seen an air soft gun???
At the Glendale show today they had an air soft AR made from a real AR receiver. Some of the air soft guns go for $500-1000 and look very real with no orange on the muzzle. I can see why kids love them but never have figured out why an adult would spend $500 on a bb gun that doesn’t shoot real bb’s?
Old 02-19-2005, 7:23 PM

Definitley NO...they have thumbhole stock + detachable mag= SB23 violation.

978.20 Definitions

The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:
(a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.

(b) "flash suppressor" means any device designed, intended, or that functions to perceptibly reduce or redirect muzzle flash from the shooter's field of vision.

(c) "forward pistol grip" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp forward of the trigger.

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

(e) "thumbhole stock" means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 12276.5(i), Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12276.1, 12280, and 12285, Penal Code.