Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-25-2005, 3:57 PM

OK so what store(s) in the SF Bay Area have a good selection of used (consignment) Colt DA revolvers? You know, Pythons, Troopers, Officers Models, Official Police, Diamondbacks etc. (I think I know which gun stores DON'T carry such guns.)

There is a guy from the Bay Area that is always bragging about his Colt revolver finds on another forum. Yet he won't say where he is finding this stuff when asked. And he isn't buying them all either. Seems like he wants it to be his little secret gun shop. He says this Bay Area gun shop specializes in collectable Colt revolvers.

So how about spilling the beans on him. Where are all these great guns? I promise I won't (can't) buy them all. I just want one or two every once in a while! just enough to feed the addiction.

Thanks from the new guy.
Old 02-25-2005, 3:57 PM

OK so what store(s) in the SF Bay Area have a good selection of used (consignment) Colt DA revolvers? You know, Pythons, Troopers, Officers Models, Official Police, Diamondbacks etc. (I think I know which gun stores DON'T carry such guns.)

There is a guy from the Bay Area that is always bragging about his Colt revolver finds on another forum. Yet he won't say where he is finding this stuff when asked. And he isn't buying them all either. Seems like he wants it to be his little secret gun shop. He says this Bay Area gun shop specializes in collectable Colt revolvers.

So how about spilling the beans on him. Where are all these great guns? I promise I won't (can't) buy them all. I just want one or two every once in a while! just enough to feed the addiction.

Thanks from the new guy.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:06 PM

Well this is fun! My 1st post and I'm not only getting some interest and useful info, but also a few laughs along the way!

Thanks guys!
Old 02-26-2005, 9:44 AM

Didn't know they were a secret - they always have a table at the Cow Palace shows. But yeah, great shop, good guys, really shiny things.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:49 AM

I know Imberts had a couple last time I was in, Colt Agent, Officers Heavy Barrel, Python
Old 02-26-2005, 5:38 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The only sad part is how many of their revolvers are not consignment and therefore no longer saleable in CA
Old 02-25-2005, 5:07 PM

Thanks Max. I've actually spent quite a few dollars at "The Camo" shop. I stopped going there on a weekly basis as I was getting the odd feeling that I wasn't welcome, since I wasn't buying everytime John showed me something.

I'm almost thinking the guy might be referring to someplace just outside the Bay Area. Like in Antioch or Vallejo or some such place I'm not as familiar with.

But every one of the guns I listed above he has seen recently in the past few months. In fact he just bought a NIB Trooper MKIII from the same mystery gun shop.
Old 02-25-2005, 9:48 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Man, that secret didn't last long.
Old 02-25-2005, 7:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunbbig:
He says this Bay Area gun shop specializes in collectable Colt revolvers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This "secret gun shop" sure sounds a lot like Contra Costa Collectible Firearms located in Walnut Creek.

Whenever I'm in there, they usually have a nice supply of used Colts as well as other goodies.

Cliff
Old 02-26-2005, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

Woohoo! Another shop to check out!

NRA Life Member
Old 02-25-2005, 7:21 PM

He is getting his stuff at Contra Costa Collectors Firearms if I am guessing right. It is certainly where I find MY Colt stuff.

Call 1-925-937-3376, they will be happy to help. Prices are high, but not outrageous.
Old 02-25-2005, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Sportsmen's Supply in Campbell gets Pythons in on a regular basis. They're often new ones (which are on The List), and are always very pricy.

I don't see too many Diamondbacks or Troopers, or any Colt revolvers, even at the gun shows.

You might try calling around; there can't be more than a dozen or so gun shops in the Bay Area.

max

NRA Life Member