Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 06-09-2009, 5:49 PM

Default Medal Of Honor Vet Tells his D-Day Story

Stole from the CMP.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...45#entry341945
Old 06-09-2009, 6:05 PM

That was an awesome read. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-09-2009, 8:04 PM
Veteran Member

Very cool post. My neighbor landed on D-Day but I can't remember where. I'll have to go ask him again. He was in the artillery but his gun got lost, so the first thing they did was try to find their gun. Sounds kinda funny, but I guess that sort of stuff happens.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2009, 8:04 PM

Great read!
Old 06-09-2009, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

over this weekend, I met Ed Pepping, the last surviving medic from the famous 101st AB E company 506

Guy is like a million years old and is still flirty with the women out there. damn at his age and he's still chasing skirts.

Many of the featured military heroes showed up and paid homage to him. Many of the featured military heroes are highly ranked and decorated, but still stopped to thank this old gentleman, a private for his service to his people and country. No where in this world, can we find place where rank and awards means less than the face of valor.

Finger print recognition is one more thing that keeps your killamajig from performing its killimafunction

Last edited by Spiggy; 06-09-2009 at 8:13 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 6:50 AM

Mr Ehlers was the guest speaker at the second GCA convention that was held in Reno. (Joe Foss spoke at the first Reno convention.) I had the pleasure of meeting him and listening to him speak.
Old 06-10-2009, 9:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassburnz View Post
Very cool post. My neighbor landed on D-Day but I can't remember where. I'll have to go ask him again. He was in the artillery but his gun got lost, so the first thing they did was try to find their gun. Sounds kinda funny, but I guess that sort of stuff happens.
"Excuse me! Sorry to bother you but you didn't happen to see a howitzer around here, did you?"

Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Walt Ehlers was actually recently a guest speaker at my younger brother's boy scout troop meeting. He told his D-Day story to the troop... really interesting.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 PM

The best part right here:

Quote:
ON GUN CONTROL

“World War II cost us over 340,000 American lives because of gun control.

“Whoa, what do you mean gun control?” he asks. “All of the countries we fought had gun control and (the people) lost control of their government and they couldn’t do anything about what their government was doing, so we had to go over there and fight because they didn’t have any guns of their own to fight with. The people lost control of their governments. They could not protect themselves, defend against their own government.

“You know why the Japanese never attacked mainland U.S.? Because they knew we all had guns. They would never be safe anywhere. In the United States the people are the government. If we lose control of ourselves, if we turn it all over to them and we have no say about anything, we are in deep trouble.

“Especially if they take our guns away, they know they can just walk all over us anytime they want us to do anything. That’s how those governments (during World War II) got control of those countries and it cost us a lot of lives.”