Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 07-11-2005, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbinator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cg:
Ordnance Outsellers
Thanks for posting that link, they seem to carry a lot of great stuff at decent prices.

Turby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries. I will be ordering from them myself and they do have a very good name on SigForum.com.
Old 07-11-2005, 8:52 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally posted by cg:
Ordnance Outsellers
Thanks for posting that link, they seem to carry a lot of great stuff at decent prices.

Turby
Old 07-08-2005, 10:05 PM

I can't find any info on their website but I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that they don't ship to cali. I'd love to buy a sig from them
Old 07-09-2005, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShorePaul:
Wow, that makes it risk free. Where are these guys?
Ordnance Outsellers are out of most except P226 in .40 and .357 SIG at the moment, but they will have some more in about 2 weeks.
They also have the lowest prices on new that I have seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think cdnn is the only place I've seen that has lower prices than Ordnanceoutsellers. They sell NIB 229's for $599, which is why I started this thread. But if you're in Cali (which I assume we ALL are), then ordnanceoutsellers is the next best bet. Onpointfirearms have raised their prices a bit. I checked before they updated their site and they had the p229 for $660 give or take $10, now they are selling for $720 or so.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry47:
This is getting ridiculous. all i want is a used 226/228!!!!! oh well, no use ranting. thanx a lot technical ted
If all you want is a used 226 than here: http://www.laguns.com/framedcatalog/mainframe/detail.ht...ctId=1209&Category=4 they cover all the used guns they sell so there's no risk.

I love these guys.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:12 PM

This is getting ridiculous. all i want is a used 226/228!!!!! oh well, no use ranting. thanx a lot technical ted
Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ShorePaul:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShorePaul:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry47:
If all you want is a used 226 than here: http://www.laguns.com/framedcatalog/mainframe/detail.ht...ctId=1209&Category=4 they cover all the used guns they sell so there's no risk.

I love these guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ordnance Outseller has these guys beat by a longshot. Factory refurbs for $465. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure I would call that a long shot, especially if one has to pay for transfer fees. Also, I would rather buy a used gun that I can inspect personally, and get a warranty from a local guy instead of having to pay to ship it back.

Just my two cents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To add two more cents; there is a year warranty from Sig on Factory refurbs.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 PM

I ordered and received a M48 Mauser from them. I also was told they would not ship semi-auto firearms to Kali, even ones that we can have.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:17 PM

Old 07-09-2005, 8:49 AM
Veteran Member

I blame california not CDNN. With CDNN's prices they can sell all the guns they get without selling in california. We have a list for handguns that is constantly changing. All CDNN has to do is ship guns here that aren't legal and Bill Lockyer would jump all over that. So they don't want to deal with it. Heck I got a flyer yesterday from AIM surplus. It said no ammo sales to los angeles, orange county and san fransisco. We have so many laws here it is hard to keep up with it so companies if they don't need the business say screw it. Mark
Old 07-14-2005, 11:12 PM

Some CA FFL's can accept the hicaps if they have a hicap permit. They can then sell them to LEO or out of state.
Ade in Orange has such permit and says he's got stacks of hi(=normal)caps that he can't sell.
I suggested he should GunBroker them to clear out space, but he doesn't want the hassle.
This all came up 'cuz I was getting a 5.7 and it might have come with 20 rounders - was trying to offer to split the profits if he sold my mags. Ended up that I got 10 rounders with it.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Definetely no semi-autos to CA.
I got a O/U shotgun from them no prob, but when I wanted a G23 at a really good deal, no way.
I was told by the CSR that the owner said no to semi's in CA. I said that we could be a lot of business and he said boss says no.
I won't buy from them now.
Old 07-09-2005, 3:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry47:
Ordnance Outsellers are out of most except P226 in .40 and .357 SIG at the moment, but they will have some more in about 2 weeks.
They also have the lowest prices on new that I have seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think cdnn is the only place I've seen that has lower prices than Ordnanceoutsellers. They sell NIB 229's for $599, which is why I started this thread. But if you're in Cali (which I assume we ALL are), then ordnanceoutsellers is the next best bet. Onpointfirearms have raised their prices a bit. I checked before they updated their site and they had the p229 for $660 give or take $10, now they are selling for $720 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right about CDNN's lower prices, but if they don't ship semi-autos to PRK, then all one can buy from them is mags. But check the site again they have new P229R, P220R or P226R with regular sights for $669.
Old 07-09-2005, 1:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
They also have the lowest prices on new that I have seen.
Old 07-11-2005, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bwiese:
Please check recent copies of Shotgun News for better pricing on used/refurb Sigs.

Factory-refurbed ('blue label' around grip) Sig 220s, 226s and 229s are available (thru your FFL, of course) for $369-$389 range. This would not include shipping, FFL fee and DROS & sales tax charges, of course.

Quite a few vendors running multipage display ads and selling used handguns in SGN - can't remember offhand, but probably KY Imports and J&G Sales, amongst others - are offering these blue-labelled factory refurbed Sigs.

When ordering, you perhaps might wanna call 'em up and offer an extra $10-$15 for 'hand select', or let them keep the hicap mags that normally come along as a bonus for this- since you and your FFL can't accept these anyway.

PLEASE BE NICE TO YOUR CALIFORNIA FFL AND MAKE SURE IF/WHEN YOU ORDER THESE REFURBED SIGS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE HI-CAP MAGAZINES SENT WITH GUN.
(Not applicable for 45ACP P220.)

Strongly tempted but waiting for next week's big Reed's sale to possibly absorb one of my one-gun-a-month allocation...

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Thanks for the info; I'll have to see if Borders carries SGN.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry47:

Ordnance Outseller has these guys beat by a longshot. Factory refurbs for $465.
Old 07-11-2005, 9:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Please check recent copies of Shotgun News for better pricing on used/refurb Sigs.

Factory-refurbed ('blue label' around grip) Sig 220s, 226s and 229s are available (thru your FFL, of course) for $369-$389 range. This would not include shipping, FFL fee and DROS & sales tax charges, of course.

Quite a few vendors running multipage display ads and selling used handguns in SGN - can't remember offhand, but probably KY Imports and J&G Sales, amongst others - are offering these blue-labelled factory refurbed Sigs.

When ordering, you perhaps might wanna call 'em up and offer an extra $10-$15 for 'hand select', or let them keep the hicap mags that normally come along as a bonus for this- since you and your FFL can't accept these anyway.

PLEASE BE NICE TO YOUR CALIFORNIA FFL AND MAKE SURE IF/WHEN YOU ORDER THESE REFURBED SIGS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE HI-CAP MAGAZINES SENT WITH GUN.
(Not applicable for 45ACP P220.)

Strongly tempted but waiting for next week's big Reed's sale to possibly absorb one of my one-gun-a-month allocation...

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cg:

Ordnance Outseller has these guys beat by a longshot. Factory refurbs for $465. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure I would call that a long shot, especially if one has to pay for transfer fees. Also, I would rather buy a used gun that I can inspect personally, and get a warranty from a local guy instead of having to pay to ship it back.

Just my two cents.