Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Does anyone know of anyone who has a Kel-Tec SU-16A (or the one that is legal in this Commie State) that has a muzzle brake on it? I wonder if a compensator such as a Miculek or JP's will fit if the barrel is reamed and tapped.

Also, does anyone make an aftermarket barrel for the SU-16? Such as a bull barrel or a longer barrel? What other after market accessories are there for this rifle other than the front sight post replacement?

Anyone see a person use in one in a 3-gun match? I'll probably be great for carbine division.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Does anyone know of anyone who has a Kel-Tec SU-16A (or the one that is legal in this Commie State) that has a muzzle brake on it? I wonder if a compensator such as a Miculek or JP's will fit if the barrel is reamed and tapped.

Also, does anyone make an aftermarket barrel for the SU-16? Such as a bull barrel or a longer barrel? What other after market accessories are there for this rifle other than the front sight post replacement?

Anyone see a person use in one in a 3-gun match? I'll probably be great for carbine division.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

In the post Sept 14, 2004 rush to modify "post-ban" AR's to "pre-ban" standards, I've read that unlike "post-ban" Heavy Barrels, Light Weight AR barrels are to thin to accept threading and mounting of muzzle devices. If that's the case, then the cheap flimsy tube on the SU-16 is in the same boat if not worse.
Old 02-09-2005, 1:38 PM

Here is an exmple of someone threading a barrel and mounting a muzzle brake.

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2495
Old 02-09-2005, 3:19 PM

Thanks to Cazach's provided link, I read the forum post and threading the barrel of the SU-16 is a BIG NO NO cuz that will constitute a threaded barrel and thus, an assault weapon under SB23.

The only hope is to have the muzzle brake pinned or welded onto the barrel.
Old 02-09-2005, 3:52 PM

A threaded bbl is not a banned feature on a rifle under state law.
Only on pistols.