Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM

Default Insurance Coverage for Small Time Dealers

Can anyone provide some information on how best to insure a small time FFL business operated out of a home? I understand homeowner's insurance and blanket coverage (umbrella policy on homeowner policy) may be enough, but in this world of lawyers gone wild, what do small time dealers do? Since cities and individuals are suing manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers (FFL) over the actions someone using a gun that came through that stream (even if the person committing the offense was not the buyer), do small time dealers need additional coverage?

What companies specialize in small business FFL's?

Do any dealers ask their customers to sign any sort of hold harmless/waiver forms (yes, probably about as ineffectual as most pre-nups in court)?

I know a couple of "kitchen table" FFL dealers and this was a discussion that came up.
Old 06-03-2009, 3:59 PM

Check out these guys:

http://www.guninsurance.com/
Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltee View Post
Can anyone provide some information on how best to insure a small time FFL business operated out of a home? I understand homeowner's insurance and blanket coverage (umbrella policy on homeowner policy) may be enough, but in this world of lawyers gone wild, what do small time dealers do? Since cities and individuals are suing manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers (FFL) over the actions someone using a gun that came through that stream (even if the person committing the offense was not the buyer), do small time dealers need additional coverage?

What companies specialize in small business FFL's?

Do any dealers ask their customers to sign any sort of hold harmless/waiver forms (yes, probably about as ineffectual as most pre-nups in court)?

I know a couple of "kitchen table" FFL dealers and this was a discussion that came up.
Actually most if not all "homeowners" policies specifically do not cover any commercial enterprise carried out at your home. You will need special coverage for the firearms in your FFL inventory as well as liability insurance for customers who come to your home for commercial purposes. Since the firearms in your inventory are owned by your enterprise they would not be covered on your homeowners policy. The only guns covered would be the firearms which have actually been booked out to you personally, or were owned by you before you were licensed.

I know of no insurance company who write policies regarding customers who misuse a firearm after it's sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 06-06-2009, 2:44 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbooya View Post
Check out these guys:

http://www.guninsurance.com/
That is where I picked up my Insurance policy for Addax.

Not cheap, but excellent coverage.

I was referred to them by 2 large and well known AR related manufacturers who utilized them as well.
San Fernando, CA 91340

Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

Phone: (818) 361-5008

Last edited by Addax; 06-06-2009 at 2:50 PM..