Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-27-2009, 2:28 PM

Default Need to sell 60 guns and the law

I family freind passed away 2 years ago and the assets of the estate went through probate , His wife and son in law have possesion of all the firearms and are looking to sell off the majority of them . They have come to me to see if there are any I want to buy and to help them establish values .
Its easy to establish the value and would like to suggest that they sell them here on the classified section but I dont know the laws regarding the sale of this many firearms by a private party ??.
The other option is i do know a good FFL that would put them on gun broker for them for a fee (usually 20%) but I would like to see the widow get as much as possible .
Any suggestions??
I felt I needed to add this : Let me make this part Clear . I do not have the guns , I dont even have a list yet . All guns will be sold Legally , They have simply asked me for help with prices and I will do what I can for the widow and her son , These are good people .

Last edited by 22popnsplat; 05-27-2009 at 4:17 PM.. Reason: just to keep things clear
Old 05-27-2009, 2:34 PM
Veteran Member

Find out how many can be sold without the license, sell the most valuable ones here that you can within the law, and you have at least 2 sellers to double the legal number.

I'm interested in the 7mm Remington Mag and possibly the shotgun...Maybe a 1911 too...

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2009, 2:35 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have no personal experience but have heard many endorsements from CalGunners for http://www.gunslingerauctions.com/

They just had an auction and generally hold them every 4 to 5 months in West Covina.

I think you would get a much better deal than a 20% fee but check it out and see what they charge. They have a lot of experience with estate sales of large numbers of guns and appraisals.

CL
Old 05-27-2009, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
I have no personal experience but have heard many endorsements from CalGunners for http://www.gunslingerauctions.com/

They just had an auction and generally hold them every 4 to 5 months in West Covina.

I think you would get a much better deal than a 20% fee but check it out and see what they charge. They have a lot of experience with estate sales of large numbers of guns and appraisals.

CL
Actually its funny you should mention this auction site , I just bought some contender barrels on one of there auctions and there is a %20 buyers premium on top of the bid . So if you bid $100 and its in Ca you pay $120 plus tax and shipping if needed . They aint real quick to ship either !!
Old 05-27-2009, 2:42 PM
Veteran Member

what city are you in?? i know someone who might be interested in the whole package and they are a FFL01.
Old 05-27-2009, 3:01 PM
Veteran Member

I thought that there is only a limit to 5 handguns, but I also remember that there is language that would suggest that since this is a one-time deal that you might be in the clear to sell them all since it is all part of one sale.
Old 05-27-2009, 3:07 PM
Banned

Where are you at and why don't you post them on CGN so we can ogle and by them? Give back to the community!
Old 05-27-2009, 4:38 PM
Veteran Member

Post up the ones you don't want, I might be interested in a M1895 Steyr if you have one.
Old 05-27-2009, 4:41 PM

I'l take the minty fresh Marlin 1894C.

Mike
Old 05-27-2009, 4:53 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

priorities 1st, Sorry for your loss. Where are you located? I have a book that shows prices of Guns, your more then welcome to use it, if your in the neighborhood. It might be a little out dated, but should at least give you a good idea! Shoot me a PM if I can help.
Old 05-27-2009, 5:15 PM

Condolances. Sorry for your loss.

Dont know about the laws, but it looks like you wont have a problem selling them on here.

On a selfish note. I would be interested in a 12 guage pump, a ruger 10/22, and a Remington 700 20" barrel if you have any of those. Thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 5:19 PM

This site may be of some value to you: http://www.gunsinternational.com/
Old 05-27-2009, 5:25 PM
Veteran Member

Just a FFL will be needed but if you need help post the list on calguns in the for sale section, they will sell fast. Sorry about your loss.
Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
The same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Sometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.
Old 05-27-2009, 7:09 PM

I am a fully licensed FFL dealer in California, I may be interested in buying some or all of the firearms, send me a private message and I will give you my contact information. I wholesale firearms only,no retail sales...

DTP SALES
01DEALER.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

Sorry to hear for the loss, of course... One more here for the list of potential buyers, depending on what's there.