Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-10-2005, 9:29 AM

Appolgies questions afer questions!

I have two of my G19 magazines having feeding problem. Basically, tip of the ammo get stuck on that slope of the barrel and slide doesn't shut nor ammo getting fed.

What's the problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 9:29 AM

Appolgies questions afer questions!

I have two of my G19 magazines having feeding problem. Basically, tip of the ammo get stuck on that slope of the barrel and slide doesn't shut nor ammo getting fed.

What's the problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Raggedy Edge of the Verse, Fremont, California Republic

Are these Glockmags or after market? Are these 10 or 15? FMJ or JHP?

I have 1st Gen Glock 19. FMJ all types are 100%. I have had simular problems in 10% of the time with Corbon and Proload hollow points. Hydra shocks and Hornaday XTP and Silver Tips are 99.5% fine..
Old 02-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Rika,

Do your mags come with 2183 followers? Feed problems with them and the G19 is well known. Call Glock customer service, they should sent you new followers.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Rika, what you are describing is a classic problem with the G19 w/ the redesigned barrel having nose dive problems with 10 round mags w/ the 2183 followers. These problems are especially pronounced with JHP bullets. The best fix is 15 round mags with 9mm4 or 9mm5 followers that feed the bullet consistently higher than the 10 rounders. Of course, that doesn't help you much since you can't buy these mags. But if you call Glock and tell them the problem and ask them to send you either 9mm1 or 9mm3 followers and change them out on your mags. Hopefully that will fix your problems. You know if you have the redesigned barrel if you have a "1" next to the pentagon.
Old 02-24-2005, 7:38 AM

Yesterday i recieved 8 that plastic piece thingy from Glock. Argh! Hell of taking magazine apart. Non of those technic worked (that plastic grove and notch on the side of the floor plate just doesn't let floor plate off) and ended up almost ripping with two screw drivers, after my hand get bloody from 6 scrapes and cuts.

So, I chaned all and went range..... and it still does with hollow points. Funny thing is, when I do rapid fire, it goes ok. But when I did very slow grouping, almost every time the separeted tip of the bullet got stuck at pointy the end of the ramp. Maybe limp-writing might be a factor?

Anyhow, no hollow points for me! I'm glad Ivananimal bought me FMJ bullets. I go his place today to study reloading.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:19 AM

You know, everytime I face problem, I feel like I am f&*ing up something which doesn't happen to anyone else!

I did search on GlockTalk and sure enough, loads of topics...

Darn, I wish I new I can buy mag for 23 before.. I already have 8 10rounds mags!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanze:
Everything you wanted to know about Glocks, and some stuff you wish you haven't heard here.

http://www.glocktalk.com

Yes, you can load 15 rounds of 9mm into a Glock 23 10 round magazine, shoot them through a Glock 19 and not break any laws. It's advised to only use Glock 19 magazines for self-defense use. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Wow. right on!

They will send me 8 differnt followers... but he asked me which one I need and I said "I dunno"
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 AM

Whoa.

Everything everybody said was right.

YES BigAl- my Barrel has 1 next to the pentagon. Thank you for the picvture

YES Rawny- all of my Glock factory mags has 2183-1 stamped on the plastic stuff which pushes the bullets... is this called followers?

YES Ster_223 - it happens only when I feed JHP or 147gr rounds with flat tip.

and what? Stanze mag for 23 fit 19????? wow.
Old 02-10-2005, 4:34 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rika:
You know, everytime I face problem, I feel like I am f&*ing up something which doesn't happen to anyone else!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel alone. I had the same problem with a NFML 15 round mag that would sometimes get the nose of the bulet stuck on the feed ramp when chambering a round by hand. Never happened when shooting but it worried me enough to switch to my SIG as a CCW piece until the AWB died and I could get some new mags.
Once again, the fix may be using "9mm1" or "9mm3" followers as they hold the tip of the bullet higher.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Everything you wanted to know about Glocks, and some stuff you wish you haven't heard here.

http://www.glocktalk.com

Yes, you can load 15 rounds of 9mm into a Glock 23 10 round magazine, shoot them through a Glock 19 and not break any laws. It's advised to only use Glock 19 magazines for self-defense use.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:21 PM

maybe I have some crappy factory glock 23 mags or something... but 9mm ammo will not fit any of my 6 glock 23 mags (10rounders). The 9mm rounds just pop out. Would I need to modify them a bit to work or something?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:20 AM

Get some Glock 23 mags and put 15 rounds of 9mm in there.

Rinse and Repeat.