Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 7:47 AM
chrisr chrisr is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Im looking to buy a Thompson Ta 5 pistol with a stick and drum included. The dealer will send the pistol to my FFL in its original configuration. When the Tommy pistol arrives then my FFL installs bullet button, single shot bobsled? Does the installation of the bb, sled need to be done before the pistol is shipped to my FFL paperwork etc? After the purchase I can take the bobsled out so it accepts a 10 rnd drum or stick? Does my FFL have to list the pistol as being single shot on the dros paperwork? THANKS

Last edited by chrisr; 05-13-2009 at 9:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Rukus's Avatar
Rukus Rukus is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,288
iTrader: 65 / 100%

AFAIK it would have to come into the state in a legal configuration, meaning the dealer would have to install the parts, or it has to first be shipped to a middleman FFL outside of the state who will make the conversion and then send it to your FFL for DROS, etc.
MY AR Profile #1
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 8:40 PM
crob241's Avatar
crob241 crob241 is offline
In Memoriam
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kalif.
Posts: 220
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default single shot pistol

Not to be a party pooper but if you read the list of approved handguns it is specific about what a legal single shot pistol is, or isn`t. I may be wrong, sorry
01 FFL, Overland Plating, NRA, SASS,
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 9:26 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 22,509
iTrader: 10 / 100%

It needs to be converted into a single-shot pistol prior to be imported into CA.

Unless the CA FFL dealer has an assault weapon permit.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
gdict's Avatar
gdict gdict is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 361
iTrader: 18 / 100%

Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
It needs to be converted into a single-shot pistol prior to be imported into CA.

Unless the CA FFL dealer has an assault weapon permit.
I believe that is incorrect. An AW permit does not allow you to deal in unregistered AW's. It is merely a license allowing to purchase >registered< assault weapons from their legal owners and subsequently sell them out of state.

A single shot pistol must be just that, a single shot pistol, BEFORE it enters California. A dealer is not exempt of this requirement, nor is an AW dealer.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.