Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 PM

Default ZM Weapons LR 300 Uppers (I did search, but it was futile)

I'm looking into uppers for potential AR-15 builds and stumbled upon the ZM Weapons LR-300 uppers. They are pretty clever looking in that the recoil is dealt with in the upper such that no recoil tube is required and thus folding stocks are usable. They do however seem a bit pricey but quality parts do seem to be.

More importantly has anyone here used one? I can't seem to find any reviews of the actual gun itself (though reviews of the Airsoft gun by the same name abound ).

Input is greatly appreciated.

Love and Peace through superior firepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Plus, we can check out each other's hardware. Who says we can't find common ground?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box. Use in that order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
You need to grow a full beard and move out into the woods before you can be a full fledged member of the surplus rifle long range shooting community.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

They're really more gimmick than function. The sole reason is for a folding stock, which is a useless feature in CA since we have to maintain 30" OAL.

Google Map of OLL Dealers

List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 AM

I miss my ZM.

Benelli M4 11707
RIFLES:
Colt Sporter LMT MRP Piston w/ ACOG and C-MAG, Colt Sporter 9mm with Cmore, Eagle Arms LMT MRP Piston w/ DocOptics, HK94/SW5 9mm

Old 05-08-2009, 5:56 AM

ParaUSA AR Part 1

ParaUSA AR Part 2
Old 05-08-2009, 7:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyan View Post
Para has been greatly delayed in releasing that product. That is surprising since ZM Weapons already had a fully functioning product that should have required little to no further development by Para Ordnance for release.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaplinker View Post
They're really more gimmick than function. The sole reason is for a folding stock, which is a useless feature in CA since we have to maintain 30" OAL.
Okay so the OAL with a standard barrel comes to about 28 inches (stock folded), meaning I would need to give it a longer barrel before I can use it at all. Anyone know if you can put standard AR-15 barrels in that upper?

Love and Peace through superior firepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Plus, we can check out each other's hardware. Who says we can't find common ground?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box. Use in that order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
You need to grow a full beard and move out into the woods before you can be a full fledged member of the surplus rifle long range shooting community.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Part time Emperor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
Para has been greatly delayed in releasing that product. That is surprising since ZM Weapons already had a fully functioning product that should have required little to no further development by Para Ordnance for release.
Probably had some software issues with the spelling for the logo.