Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Default What FFL will do my Intra-Family out of state transfer in LA?

Sorry for the post everyone but I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone to facilitate the transfer.

So my father wants to gift me a “Non Roster” Handgun from Arizona. After much research on this forum I have found that since he is out of State he will have to ship the firearm to an FFL. I guess there is much confusion as to the legality of this. All of the FFL’s in my direct area of Pasadena and Irwindale are saying they cannot do the transfer and to just bring it into the state and fill out the family transfer form. I think this is a big “no no” federally and I think these shops are just not familiar with the exemption.

I just want to keep it legal and want to know if any FFL in my area knows about this exemption and would be willing to help me with this.

So far no luck with Entreprise, Ammo bros, or Gunrunners. I am waiting for CWS to respond to my e-mail from Friday.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 05-05-2009, 9:16 AM

No one? Huh.

Hence my dilemma.
Old 05-05-2009, 3:23 PM

Guess I'll be having the same problem soon. I have a post here to confirm the process, although I haven't started looking for a FFL yet. Good luck with your quest! Wonder what the problem is? The big names here insist it is perfectly legal.

Tom
Old 05-05-2009, 4:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrohbehn View Post
Sorry for the post everyone but I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone to facilitate the transfer.

So my father wants to gift me a “Non Roster” Handgun from Arizona. After much research on this forum I have found that since he is out of State he will have to ship the firearm to an FFL. I guess there is much confusion as to the legality of this. All of the FFL’s in my direct area of Pasadena and Irwindale are saying they cannot do the transfer and to just bring it into the state and fill out the family transfer form. I think this is a big “no no” federally and I think these shops are just not familiar with the exemption.

I just want to keep it legal and want to know if any FFL in my area knows about this exemption and would be willing to help me with this.

So far no luck with Entreprise, Ammo bros, or Gunrunners. I am waiting for CWS to respond to my e-mail from Friday.

Thanks,

Rob
You are exempt from the roster if it's from your pops.....we can xfer...it's 75 bucks includes DROS.....

U can PM w/ specs.....

CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 7:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATE14 View Post
You are exempt from the roster if it's from your pops.....we can xfer...it's 75 bucks includes DROS.....

U can PM w/ specs.....

+1 for that. Good to know.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/LIR_123/GlockWise.png