Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 PM

Default UCLA Master's graduate seeks entry-level employment

Hi all,

I'm embarking on a career change and looking for employment in Southern California. I had been on track to earn a Ph.D. in the social sciences at UCLA but grew disgusted with the deepening entrenchment of academia in leftist ideological dogma. I took my Master's degree and left.

I have worked as a Research Scientist full-time for several years and have also picked up part-time work as a Range Officer and Salesperson at a gun range/store. I am a skilled communicator, both in speech and writing and can provide exceptional customer service and sales to clients of all backgrounds. I work well with numbers and can perform data analysis and have taught dozens of university courses in science and statistics.

I am planning to attend law school after a few years of full-time employment and would like to subsequently become a litigator or lobbyist in the firearms world. Hence I would prefer employment in the legal or political fields, or in the firearms industry.

Please reach out to me via PM if you have any openings or know of any. I can provide a resume and cover letter as needed. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Tovarish; 06-08-2016 at 11:16 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarish View Post
Hi all,

I'm embarking on a career change and looking for employment in Southern California. I had been on track to earn a Ph.D. in the social sciences at UCLA but grew disgusted with the deepening entrenchment of academia in leftist ideological dogma. I took my Master's degree and left.

I am planning to attend law school after a couple years of full-time employment and would like to subsequently become a litigator or lobbyist in the firearms world. Hence I would prefer employment in the legal, political, or governmental fields.

I am a skilled communicator, both in speech and writing. I work well with numbers and can perform data analysis and have taught dozens of university courses in science and statistics.

Please reach out to me via PM if you have any openings or know of any. I can provide a resume and cover letter as needed. Thank you.
Is the school "out there"...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
Old 06-08-2016, 1:39 PM

OP, ever consider becoming a paralegal? Good $$, and a certificate program is available at your alma mater
http://business.uclaextension.edu/pa...s-certificate/
Old 06-08-2016, 1:51 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Best of luck. P.S. the legal field is HIGHLY impacted these days. VERY difficult to find work at all (much less in the firearms world - which is actually VERY VERY VERY small)
Old 06-08-2016, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
Best of luck. P.S. the legal field is HIGHLY impacted these days. VERY difficult to find work at all (much less in the firearms world - which is actually VERY VERY VERY small)
Well, in all seriousness, it can't possibly be worse than the job market for PhD grads in social science and humanities.

Are you in firearms law in SoCal? I am going to send a CV to Michel's firm. Do you know of other firearms law firms in the area that I should be inquiring with? (Yes I know it's unlikely that an entry level opening is available at any given time but I think I would be a good candidate)
Old 06-08-2016, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Is the school "out there"...?
I can't tell if you're serious. It doesn't have the same reputation as Berkeley, but the politics is about the same. Exceptions to that rule exist in the professional (law, business, med) schools.
Old 06-08-2016, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357manny View Post
OP, ever consider becoming a paralegal? Good $$, and a certificate program is available at your alma mater
http://business.uclaextension.edu/pa...s-certificate/
I'd look into it but I actually think I'd enjoy law school and I'd get more out of that.
Old 06-23-2016, 7:12 PM

Bump
Old 06-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Go to law school now if that is what you want. In a few years it will be more difficult to get back into the school mode - and more expensive. If you're good with numbers check out some engineering fields. Try to see what will be a good field in 5-6 years so when you get out of school they will be hiring.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
I'd like my country back.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Close enough to see it but not close enough to smell it.

It's not too late for a Gender Studies program.

For a country founded by the average man rising up against an oppressive government, we sure have an obsession about not giving up our guns.