Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 10-10-2017, 6:39 AM

Default Need DOJ reg on SKS legality

Hi Folks,

I've got a private out of state seller that is asking for the Kali DOJ reg that says fixed mag SKSs are OK to ship to Kali. Anybody got a reference link. Thanks, PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

It a NOT a felony to steal a gun, but it IS a felony not to register a gun you already legally own
Old 10-10-2017, 7:53 AM
Appleseed Instructor
CGN Contributor

Laws aren't made to tell us what is allowed. They are made to say what is not allowed.

Try the AW flowchart
Old 10-10-2017, 7:59 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
Hi Folks,

I've got a private out of state seller that is asking for the Kali DOJ reg that says fixed mag SKSs are OK to ship to Kali. Anybody got a reference link. Thanks, PAX
If you are talking about the guy on Gunboards who has bumped that Chicom with bakelite handguard 50+ times, I wish you luck. I already offered to buy it from him for his asking price and had my receiving FFL all lined up.

I also explained everything clearly but he balked on sending it to CA. It was a total waste of time. I also highly doubt any FFL01 is going to send him (private seller) an ink signed copy of their FFL which he posted that he wants.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
If you are talking about the guy on Gunboards who has bumped that Chicom with bakelite handguard 50+ times, I wish you luck. I already offered to buy it from him for his asking price and had my receiving FFL all lined up.

I also explained everything clearly but he balked on sending it to CA. It was a total waste of time. I also highly doubt any FFL01 is going to send him (private seller) an ink signed copy of their FFL which he posted that he wants.
Yep that's the guy. When he first listed his SKS last year to trade for an M1917, I had one to offer, thankfully he never responded. PAX

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

It a NOT a felony to steal a gun, but it IS a felony not to register a gun you already legally own
Old 10-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
Yep that's the guy. When he first listed his SKS last year to trade for an M1917, I had one to offer, thankfully he never responded. PAX
Unless it was a butchered sporter, that would have been a bad deal. I don't think he actually wants to sell it. Numerous people have tried to buy it, and it is somewhat of a desirable Chicom variant, but I gave up.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Plenty of Russian SKS for sale in state. Drop him like a hot rock.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
Old 10-10-2017, 5:54 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
I can't really explain why, but I really dig the late model commercial Norinco imports. Especially those with that honey blonde furniture. They have a completely different feel than the earlier milsurp variants.
Old 10-10-2017, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I can't really explain why, but I really dig the late model commercial Norinco imports. Especially those with that honey blonde furniture. They have a completely different feel than the earlier milsurp variants.
Yep they were nice examples form factory 26. Got two from David Keng when he was the NORINCO rep down in Vegas in 1986. Great metal finish and blond Chew wood. One had a removable 20 round AK type magazine with a raised embossed star a little bigger than a silver dollar and I sold it a Knob Creek just after the first AW ban to buy yet one more G43 then a relative talked me out of the other moved to Hilo on the Big Island and had it stolen along with his truck and all his tools the first month on the island. There are several lessons in all that. Hawaii, bans and relatives come to mind.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
Old 10-11-2017, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Unless it was a butchered sporter, that would have been a bad deal. I don't think he actually wants to sell it. Numerous people have tried to buy it, and it is somewhat of a desirable Chicom variant, but I gave up.
His original post was a WTT and the SKS was being offered plush cash. A year later $400 OBO shipped. Now he's telling me shipping to Kali is a PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
Point me to 4 C-note Russians and I won't even try to beat down the price.

Quote:
The rifle he has is very nice, looks unfired and the wood almost looks Tiger striped or laminate (slings on wrong). PAX

Old 10-11-2017, 11:07 AM

I gave up too after supplying him with numerous links this what I posted in his ad:
"Any and all previous offers are withdrawn, do to the seller not having the capacity to understand, comprehend, or research federal and state firearm regulations regarding private party interstate transfers". PAX