Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 8:12 PM
hkusp9c's Avatar
hkusp9c hkusp9c is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alcatraz
Posts: 691
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Notary Public commission letter as Evidence of Residency?

I bought a great gun at Uncle Pauls gun exchange today. (Thanx Eric)
I have a question for you guys. To prove the evidence of residency i was told that i have to provide utility bills, car registration or lease agreement. However, NOTHING is under my name it's either under my wife's name or my mother's name (only bank statements, cell phone bills, credit card bills are under my name). However, I am a full time banker and a part time Notary Public. And the notary public commission letter has the seal of California Secretary of State and the expiration date but not my current address. It just states that I am licensed to notarize documents until 2011 in county of los angeles. Would this work as the evidence of residency?
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 8:38 PM
22popnsplat's Avatar
22popnsplat 22popnsplat is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,045
iTrader: 34 / 100%

Isnt the cell phone considered a utility bill ? a house phone i think is .
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 8:43 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,780
iTrader: 42 / 100%

no, a cell phone bill is specifically not POR.

A person can give any address they want for a cell phone or satelite TV bill. That's why they don't count as POR.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 8:43 PM
Mr. Magoo's Avatar
Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gubmit Proof Box
Posts: 704
iTrader: 7 / 100%

No cell phone bills.

All you need is a letter that states you live at xxxxx address and that you STILL live at xxxxx address. Sign this as well as your "landlord"/homeowner at your Notary. Your DL should also have a matching address as your second proof of residence.

I also have nothing under my name and live at my GF parents house and this is what I did.

"This letter confirms YOUR NAME is a resident of YOUR ADDRESS. I, YOUR HOME-OWNER, confirm YOUR NAME currently resides at YOUR ADDRESS and will for the foreseeable future."

Or similar.
- M
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
optimus-primer's Avatar
optimus-primer optimus-primer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 614
iTrader: 23 / 100%

Do you by any chance own the house? Perhaps the loan doc's or deed of trust will do.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved. and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to