Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 06-27-2011, 9:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Send it in, S&W revised both the extractor and striker to keep this from happening.
Ya know, I was thinking maybe the previous owner fed it a steady diet of Wolf or other steel cased ammo, for years, along with constant dry fire and letting the slide slam shut on an empty chamber.

I think if someone just abused it that way, it would cause a lot of the issues your friend is having.

Your friend has an M&P that's like a puppy some a-hole tosses out of his car that my brother found, and took care of ever since. It's up to your friend to get that M&P the love and care it needs.

Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the Government lied about 9/11.
Old 06-27-2011, 9:39 AM

here are some cell phone pics of my horrid scratch....

Notice how PERFECTLY straight it is...

Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the Government lied about 9/11.

Last edited by Ksmash01; 08-22-2011 at 1:43 PM..
Old 06-27-2011, 9:55 AM

Wait, who did that?
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein View Post
Wait, who did that?
I must have. I don't know when. I took it with me when I picked up the 9c, but I didn't fire it. When I took it out for the family pic, it didn't have that gouge. Then I decided to practice my draw with my Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster, put it away to answer to door, and I noticed it after I finished with the Jehovah's Witness that was there. I picked it up to resume, and I noticed it.

I don't think I'll fire it until I make sure it's not some type of hairline crack. I can't see my holster damaging it. I doubt Kydex could do that. I didn't drop it, or bang it on anything. I'm kinda lost as to how I could have done that, but holstering/re-holstering in my CQC is the only thing I can think of that could make a scratch that straight.

I already e-mailed S&W about it. We'll see what happens. I got it in January of 07, it's not that old. It's an MPJ series if that matters.

I may take a trip to the south bay on Friday to check out that place in Sunnyvale you mentioned to get my sights changed. Maybe they can take a look at it. I'll either shoot then or Sunday, or both. I'll shoot you a PM if anything gets set in stone.

Last edited by Ksmash01; 06-27-2011 at 10:21 AM..
Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 AM

What...you don't answer the door with a OWB holster? I do that all the time on weekends when Jehovah's Witness comes a knockin'. They are able to cut to the chase faster and move onto the next house.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What...you don't answer the door with a OWB holster? I do that all the time on weekends when Jehovah's Witness comes a knockin'. They are able to cut to the chase faster and move onto the next house.
Naw...even with a peephole, I can't see some people that knock. I'd rather not let even the Jehovah's Witnesses, or anyone else know I'm armed. I've had some of my neighbors from outside my apartment building knock on the door needing anything from a jump for their cars, to a cup of sugar. Most of them aren't people I'd want knowing that I'm armed.

My apartment building is full of my family, and there are a few kids that come up regularly to play with my son. They also have friends from the neighborhood that come around and play as well. I don't need them going back to their parents and telling them about my pistol either.

That's my main reason for wanting an IWB, hence the King Tuk.

I guess I could keep it on me and conceal it some how at the door, but I play a lot with my 2 y/o son(lot's of horseplay), and I don't even want my (loaded or unloaded) pistol around him. If there were a situation that made me believe we were in danger, we'd be in my room where I have access to a pistol in a pistol safe. My security gate should be able to hold long enough for me to get him there. When he gets older, I'll consider carrying around him more often.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmash01 View Post
I've never had a problem with WWB.

I'd say send it in.
+1 no problems with WWB
Old 06-27-2011, 4:39 PM

Thanks for the input, doesn't look abused. However will be sending it in to Smith and Wesson to get checked out. Probably the bad striker ejector issue. Will report back when it returns and we get a chance to goto the range.
Old 06-28-2011, 8:51 PM
Veteran Member

hey guys i picked up this M&P a few weeks ago. I took it to the range a couple of times already and it's been working fine. Here are the groups I shot today with it. (I need practice)

11 yards

Old 06-29-2011, 9:31 AM

Sweet Pics Blackhawk556.

Here's one of my first targets with the 9L. This was 20 rounds. I can't remember if it was 12 or 7 yards, but I'll go with 7 for the benifit of the doubt. For the guys that know Chabot's pistol range, you'll know exactly where I was(lane 80).

The taped group underneath the shoot and c was with a CZ 75bd.

ETA: It was 7 yards.

Last edited by Ksmash01; 08-22-2011 at 1:43 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Did you also pick your's up on the 22nd? If so, we completed our trio on the same day.....SWEET

It's good to know I'm not the only one who got all three models.

I just need a better camera.
I acutally picked it up a week before on the 15th. Just got around to posting the pic on the 22nd.

Currently I have all 3 models, but sadly the Full Size is going bye-bye. I carry the Compact and train/IDPA with the Pro now. The FS is odd man out...

But on the bright side...it's being replaced by a Grayguns'd H&K P30.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake207 View Post
I acutally picked it up a week before on the 15th. Just got around to posting the pic on the 22nd.

Currently I have all 3 models, but sadly the Full Size is going bye-bye. I carry the Compact and train/IDPA with the Pro now. The FS is odd man out...

But on the bright side...it's being replaced by a Grayguns'd H&K P30.
For me, if I could carry concealed, the FS would be my carry in the winter, while wearing a puff coat, or a leather one. It too will be going bye-bye, but only for a short time. I'm sending it to S&W to make sure that huge scratch isn't something worse. Maybe it will come back without that huge eyesore. I still can't figure out how it got there.

That said, that H&K will be a sweet piece.

On another note, I just ordered 2 more 10 round mags, making my total 12. That's 4 mags per M&P.

It's too bad 10 of them couldn't be 17 round mags, and 2 couldn't be 12 round mags. At least not while I'm in CA.

Just for kicks, if you haven't sold that FS yet, PM me your asking price. I'm looking for another project pistol, and a used M&P9 would be perfect.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM

just picked up my new to me m&p45. cleaned her up a bit, looks like she's still a bit wet in the pics

now, does anybody have a small or medium backstrap they don't use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDriver View Post
Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...
Old 07-04-2011, 5:05 PM

Default M&P40c

Stock, new to me though...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 PM

Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 PM

^what sights are those?

Quote:
Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:07 PM

ameriglo sw-201

Tritium front with red ring. Rear I dot formation tritium rear.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 PM

thanks, i like the front dot setup

Quote:
Old 07-09-2011, 3:56 PM

Cool S&W's Tupperware cannot count as true "M&P."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390 Mach I View Post
Did a search and didn't find a thread for the M&P line.
So... I will start! . . .
(edited by me)

You call that an "M&P"?

Check mine out.

Heh.

Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

Old 07-09-2011, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarn_Helm View Post
(edited by me)

You call that an "M&P"?

Check mine out.

Heh.

Meh....

I like my M&Ps the way they are. Yours is to retro for me.

J/K Nice Revolver.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Just picked this up a few weeks ago, decided to add some color to it. I know the color combo is not for everyone, but just wanted to post it for those who were wondering what the color combo would look like.

Like, hate it, indifferent, here are the pics

Old 07-10-2011, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm311 View Post
Just picked this up a few weeks ago, decided to add some color to it. I know the color combo is not for everyone, but just wanted to post it for those who were wondering what the color combo would look like.

Like, hate it, indifferent, here are the pics

Nice....It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only person that decided to color his inlay in something other than red or white...

I was thinking orange. I'll get around to it sometime.

Old 07-10-2011, 2:08 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I like it! I used to have a Morey eel that exact color combo (black/dark brown with a lime green stripe down the top) to this day I've still never seen another eel with that color... I liked the combo so much, my second tattoo was those colors (since been covered up with other art)...

Off topic stories - but point is, I like that color combo a lot!
Old 07-10-2011, 4:27 PM

reminds me of the bushnell bone collector scopes

Quote:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Nice....It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only person that decided to color his inlay in something other than red or white...

I was thinking orange. I'll get around to it sometime.
Thanks! Orange was an option i was considering too. Do it and post pics!
Old 07-12-2011, 7:55 AM

This is my M&P .40, it was my first gun, and is still my favorite

Me being TactiCool

In the box
Old 07-12-2011, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm311 View Post
Thanks! Orange was an option i was considering too. Do it and post pics!
I wish you would have done orange! Then I'd be able to show my sister and have her pick up a M&P in a heartbeat. hahaha
Old 07-13-2011, 6:41 PM

OK.

Folks, the situation with that horrible scratch has been resolved. I sent my M&P9 to S&W, and they sent it back with a new slide.

This is super big. The main reasons I'm impressed are:

1) I told them that other than the scratch, I've had no other problems with the pistol, and I'd would like as few parts to be changed as possible. They apparently took my old parts out of the old slide, and put them in the new slide. The result is that I have the same trigger pull it left with. What ever they changed along the way, the new triggers with the updated parts is horrible by comparison. I can vouch for this, being that my first M&P was bought in 2007, the other two were purchased this year. Both the triggers on my 9c and 9L are getting Apex'd pronto.

2) I removed my mag disconnect sear assembly, and replaced it with a factory sear group without the disconnect. Not only did they leave my changes intact, the slide they replaced it with is the one that comes on off-roster versions of the M&P. It has the warning on the right side under the ejection port. I, technically, own 2 off roster M&P's .

And last but definately not least 3) I shipped my pistol last Thursday. I got it back today. It took a whopping 6 days(Including the weekend) total to get the job done!!!!!!

Now that the family is back together, a trip to the range is in order!!!!

Thank You Smith and Wesson!!!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 6:42 PM

Quote:
I wish you would have done orange! Then I'd be able to show my sister and have her pick up a M&P in a heartbeat. hahaha
I'm having some difficulty finding the shade of orange I'm looking for. As soon as I do, be it nail polish or hobby paint, I'll get it done.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM

painted the front white dot fluorescent orange. seems a lot easier to see in the light. need to go on a test run.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
painted the front white dot fluorescent orange. seems a lot easier to see in the light. need to go on a test run.

Where did you get your paint? If you don't mind me asking....

Your sight looks great BTW!!!

Orange is my favorite color!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Where did you get your paint? If you don't mind me asking....

Your sight looks great BTW!!!

Orange is my favorite color!!!!!!!!
joanne's crafts... my sister works there

and i put it on by placing a drop at the tip of a toothpick, then placed the toothpick on the sight while the pistol was pointed down. wait for the paint to fill the hole and wipe off excess, although i didn't have any. try to leave the pistol at that position til it dries, i put on a holster and walked around with it for an hour just in case.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
joanne's crafts... my sister works there

and i put it on by placing a drop at the tip of a toothpick, then placed the toothpick on the sight while the pistol was pointed down. wait for the paint to fill the hole and wipe off excess, although i didn't have any. try to leave the pistol at that position til it dries, i put on a holster and walked around with it for an hour just in case.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to put on my paddle attachment on my CQC so I can wear it while I have on sweats...

Last edited by Ksmash01; 07-13-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 07-24-2011, 1:28 PM

This is my M&P .40, it was my first gun, and is still my favorite

Me being TactiCool

Better put that thing away before you hurt yourself! What are you like 16....?
Old 07-24-2011, 5:21 PM

naw... he's that guy from tokyo drift

Quote:
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

^^Lol :-D
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 PM

I guess I'm the only guy that's never seen that movie....

But seriously...I should have new pics of my M&P's by tomorrow, after I get the sights changed on the 9L, and after I find the right shade of orange for my slide letters...

TBC.

Old 08-30-2011, 1:09 PM

Default Orange!

Ok, someone said Orange.. had to burn off a little nervous energy. While I'm not terribly fond of painting the slide in general, I do gotta say the Orange looks pretty nice.

Old 08-31-2011, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
Ok, someone said Orange.. had to burn off a little nervous energy. While I'm not terribly fond of painting the slide in general, I do gotta say the Orange looks pretty nice.

That looks sweet!!!! I came out well.

I'm looking for a darker, more bronze-ish orange for mine.

Old 08-31-2011, 8:57 AM

Quote:
That looks sweet!!!! I came out well.

I'm looking for a darker, more bronze-ish orange for mine.
Well, it's Vallejo Game Color 'Orange Fire'. I used it because of the high pigment content. It's originally for Gaming Miniatures/Tin Soldiers, and is meant to be handled a fair bit. I thought it might hold up a bit better than typical craft store acrylic paint.