Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 07-04-2010, 3:43 PM
JohnnyRooks's Avatar
JohnnyRooks JohnnyRooks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno/PRK
Posts: 1,788
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default


Last edited by JohnnyRooks; 07-04-2010 at 3:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-04-2010, 4:41 PM
Black_Talon's Avatar
Black_Talon Black_Talon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal - SGV
Posts: 2,263
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

The real M&P. My 1948 S&W M&P:

__________________


When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Last edited by Black_Talon; 02-13-2011 at 4:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
-R-'s Avatar
-R- -R- is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kern County
Posts: 359
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Just picked this up today.




__________________
_____,---|'o'.......................I_
l l'---"'CALGUNS:==;;;;;;;;;;;;I==+=
l_/```/_/-'`|__|''''''''''

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-09-2010, 3:16 PM
Fate's Avatar
Fate Fate is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Proud Member of the Quitter Club. Moscow, ID
Posts: 9,109
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Just brought this .40 home today. Somebody had ::gasp:: pawned her. Some people! Going to clean her up and take her out for a spin this weekend.

__________________
"On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-09-2010, 4:33 PM
-R-'s Avatar
-R- -R- is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kern County
Posts: 359
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Just brought this .40 home today. Somebody had ::gasp:: pawned her. Some people! Going to clean her up and take her out for a spin this weekend.

Nice.

I just took mine to the range yesterday for the first time. Went through 300 rounds, zero issues and shot great. The recoil in .40 is great with the M&P platform, im very happy.


Now I have my eye on getting a M&P compact.
__________________
_____,---|'o'.......................I_
l l'---"'CALGUNS:==;;;;;;;;;;;;I==+=
l_/```/_/-'`|__|''''''''''

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-10-2010, 4:05 PM
G60's Avatar
G60 G60 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hanford
Posts: 3,986
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

just picked up my m&p 9 today, and it feels great. went to the range and put 200 rounds through. no problems of any kind but it was all FMJ ammo so that isn't saying much.

stopped by the Fresno gun show between picking up the gun and going to the range hoping to find some Ranger T or federal HST to see how it fares with some good defense ammo, but there wasn't a box of either from any booth. nuts.

maybe i'll post a few pics later on this evening.

compared to the XD45 that i had for a few years and sold, the M&P is a hands down winner in every aspect but the trigger. When people say it's gritty, i think they're being very forgiving to exactly how gritty it is! the pull weight is to my liking, but the grittiness makes the trigger as a whole almost as bad as my mossberg 590a1. some apex tactical parts should fix my trigger complaints right up though.

all in all, more than satisfied with my purchase, and can't wait to get the apex parts dropped in.
__________________
http://twitter.com/ddbaxte

"Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-10-2010, 6:45 PM
Shenaniguns Shenaniguns is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back in California?
Posts: 6,036
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60 View Post
just picked up my m&p 9 today, and it feels great. went to the range and put 200 rounds through. no problems of any kind but it was all FMJ ammo so that isn't saying much.

stopped by the Fresno gun show between picking up the gun and going to the range hoping to find some Ranger T or federal HST to see how it fares with some good defense ammo, but there wasn't a box of either from any booth. nuts.

maybe i'll post a few pics later on this evening.

compared to the XD45 that i had for a few years and sold, the M&P is a hands down winner in every aspect but the trigger. When people say it's gritty, i think they're being very forgiving to exactly how gritty it is! the pull weight is to my liking, but the grittiness makes the trigger as a whole almost as bad as my mossberg 590a1. some apex tactical parts should fix my trigger complaints right up though.

all in all, more than satisfied with my purchase, and can't wait to get the apex parts dropped in.


Congratulations! Apex Tactical parts are a must IMO and I think my FS9 prefers hotter Nato spec ammo like 124gr Ranger-T +P and CCI Lawmen but did not seem to like 147gr PDX1 which I 'was' going to switch to since I had access to it.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-13-2010, 9:22 AM
uhmeebuh uhmeebuh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SF Bay Area - Peninsula
Posts: 123
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

+1 on the Apex stuff.

I just picked up my M&P 45 last night and, before shooting a single shot, I put in the CDAEK kit. It makes a hugh difference in the break, greatly minimizes the over travel, and just smoothes out the whole motion. Best $90 I've ever spent on a gun (aside from training, of course )
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-15-2010, 9:58 PM
plan-b's Avatar
plan-b plan-b is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SF Bay
Posts: 666
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Can I play too?


Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM
-R-'s Avatar
-R- -R- is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kern County
Posts: 359
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Is anyone else using the large back strap? I dont have overly large hands, but the large back strap really fills out my hand and allows me to get a much better grip.
__________________
_____,---|'o'.......................I_
l l'---"'CALGUNS:==;;;;;;;;;;;;I==+=
l_/```/_/-'`|__|''''''''''

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
77bawls's Avatar
77bawls 77bawls is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Not so occupied territory
Posts: 1,463
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I use the medium, it fits me like a glove.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-16-2010, 7:20 AM
IMC87 IMC87 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,190
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

I use small, trying to get the grip as close to a 1911 grip as I can (im a 1911 guy)

Forgot to add mine:


-M&P 40
-Storm Lake aftermarket barrel (.40)
-Apex DCAEK
-XTI Procyon light

Only other planned mods are new sights. Trying to keep it legal for IDPA once I get into that
__________________

NRA MEMBER

Last edited by IMC87; 07-16-2010 at 7:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-22-2010, 1:18 AM
Jimmy310's Avatar
Jimmy310 Jimmy310 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Torrance, Ca
Posts: 1,764
iTrader: 83 / 100%
Default

Cant wait to get mine out of jail in 5 days!

Kind of a boring pic but here it is:

Last edited by Jimmy310; 07-22-2010 at 9:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
uhmeebuh uhmeebuh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SF Bay Area - Peninsula
Posts: 123
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I'll play! Just got my M&P 45 and put in the Apex DCAEK before I put a single shot through it. And it just keeps getting smoother...

An X300 is on it's was as is a set of Novak night sights since I didn't like the warren tactical setup.





Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-25-2010, 4:48 PM
Fliggidy Fliggidy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 240
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I have the M&P40 as well as M&P40c. Both shoot great. I can say it pretty much fires identical. My plans is the compact to be used for HD and the full-size for IDPA with a few changes. Planning on apex kit with a storm lake match barrel in 9mm. Once that project is done I'll post.

Happy shooting
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
G60's Avatar
G60 G60 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hanford
Posts: 3,986
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Here's my M&P with the apex DCAEK. the weapon light is not nearly that purple in person. had a polarizer over my lens which i'm pretty sure brought out the crazy color.
__________________
http://twitter.com/ddbaxte

"Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-07-2010, 5:53 AM
JohnnyRooks's Avatar
JohnnyRooks JohnnyRooks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno/PRK
Posts: 1,788
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Got Raven?

Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-09-2010, 2:56 PM
nav195's Avatar
nav195 nav195 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 437
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRooks View Post
Got Raven?
Yes I do.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-11-2010, 9:02 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

_MG_5611.jpg

Mine with an idiot light, LaserMax Guide Rod Laser. Helps me acquire the targets I missed 3x times faster, LOL... Other than that, stock .40S&W.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-11-2010, 9:47 PM
smokingloon smokingloon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,018
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 08-12-2010, 5:53 AM
davester00 davester00 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 243
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default


My friend who did the stippling introduced these to me in January.
If there's one thing I love other than a 1911 it would have to be the M&P.
Trying to get my hands on a 9mm compact.
More importantly would anyone know where I could get a pro length slide for the 9mm?
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 08-14-2010, 4:52 AM
JohnnyRooks's Avatar
JohnnyRooks JohnnyRooks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno/PRK
Posts: 1,788
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default


Tac Reload on my M&P

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 08-30-2010, 7:43 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default



Picked it up and shot it today. I love this gun already, though I need a little more practice with it. My first groups with this thing were absolutely terrible, and I had an RSO who was also interested in the M&P9 fire the gun so I could figure out if it was the gun that was having problems, or if I was just a bad shot with it, and he was making some great groups with it. This being my first handgun, I need more practice!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 08-30-2010, 9:19 PM
plan-b's Avatar
plan-b plan-b is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SF Bay
Posts: 666
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

You guys w/ the FDE frames are makin' me jealous.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 08-31-2010, 2:38 PM
wambrose02 wambrose02 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 41
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My M&P 9. Can't wait to get my M&P 45 out of jail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3273.jpg (86.4 KB, 133 views)
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-10-2010, 8:29 AM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Just installed most of the Apex DCAEK kit myself. It was actually pretty easily overall, and I don't even really have the right tools. I installed the new hard sear, sear plunger spring, and trigger spring. Honestly it was $60 for a few VERY tiny pieces of metal, and I feel somewhat ripped off when I think that it probably only cost them $1 worth of material to make, but I also know that there was plenty of R&D behind the design which is what most of the cost is. After having installed it on my gun and feeling the difference, even without the ultimate striker block, the trigger feels amazing now.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-10-2010, 8:46 AM
Shenaniguns Shenaniguns is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back in California?
Posts: 6,036
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Just installed most of the Apex DCAEK kit myself. It was actually pretty easily overall, and I don't even really have the right tools. I installed the new hard sear, sear plunger spring, and trigger spring. Honestly it was $60 for a few VERY tiny pieces of metal, and I feel somewhat ripped off when I think that it probably only cost them $1 worth of material to make, but I also know that there was plenty of R&D behind the design which is what most of the cost is. After having installed it on my gun and feeling the difference, even without the ultimate striker block, the trigger feels amazing now.

So how could you feel ripped off when there's literally hundreds of hours of R&D, patents, insurance, payroll, rent, etc? 17-4 Stainless is not easy to machine and is a high grade steel so your estimates on part costs are silly. The alternative is to send it to a smith where they reshape your stock sear for the same $ plus you pay a hefty charge for shipping overnight and insurance both ways.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-12-2010, 8:19 AM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
So how could you feel ripped off when there's literally hundreds of hours of R&D, patents, insurance, payroll, rent, etc? 17-4 Stainless is not easy to machine and is a high grade steel so your estimates on part costs are silly. The alternative is to send it to a smith where they reshape your stock sear for the same $ plus you pay a hefty charge for shipping overnight and insurance both ways.
Just when you look at the amount you're paying for the tiny objects you're getting. I know all that you mentioned costs a lot of money, but I can't help but feel like a couple tiny pieces of metal, regardless of how intricate or how much design hours went into them cost too much in the end. I'm just looking at this in terms of actual size of the object vs how much money they cost. I know you can't realistically look at products that way, but stuff this small just makes it difficult not to.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Shenaniguns Shenaniguns is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back in California?
Posts: 6,036
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
Just when you look at the amount you're paying for the tiny objects you're getting. I know all that you mentioned costs a lot of money, but I can't help but feel like a couple tiny pieces of metal, regardless of how intricate or how much design hours went into them cost too much in the end. I'm just looking at this in terms of actual size of the object vs how much money they cost. I know you can't realistically look at products that way, but stuff this small just makes it difficult not to.


Look at it this way, a multi-million dollar company like Smith and Wesson couldn't make the same trigger for the price point that the M&P goes for and charges $110 for 5 minutes of dremeling, installing their sear and test firing it but then you factor in the $60 each way for shipping.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...6_757751_image


Gunsmith's rarely get rich in their profession and when you also factor in the cost of ammo for testing, liability insurance and that they test some of their parts to 100,000 repitiotions from a shop of three people it all seems a bargain IMO. If the costs bother you than pull them out of your gun and sell them immediately since you have a difficult time understanding how small business works. Basing it on its size is silly considering how important these parts are to make sure a firearm fires reliably which can be a life or death experience.

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 09-12-2010 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-12-2010, 9:47 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Look at it this way, a multi-million dollar company like Smith and Wesson couldn't make the same trigger for the price point that the M&P goes for and charges $110 for 5 minutes of dremeling, installing their sear and test firing it but then you factor in the $60 each way for shipping.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...6_757751_image


Gunsmith's rarely get rich in their profession and when you also factor in the cost of ammo for testing, liability insurance and that they test some of their parts to 100,000 repitiotions from a shop of three people it all seems a bargain IMO. If the costs bother you than pull them out of your gun and sell them immediately since you have a difficult time understanding how small business works. Basing it on its size is silly considering how important these parts are to make sure a firearm fires reliably which can be a life or death experience.
Lol, I know basing it on size is silly. I've already mentioned that realistically, I can't look at it that way, but I can't help it. I don't understand why you're getting so defensive about this. Do you always get mad when people have differing perspectives?
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-24-2010, 8:42 PM
8200rpm's Avatar
8200rpm 8200rpm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ghetto Mesa, CA
Posts: 1,132
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Default

You think the APEX DCAEK is expensive at $60?

Wait till you buy an engagement ring.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-24-2010, 8:45 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Ramon
Posts: 4,010
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
You think the APEX DCAEK is expensive at $60?

Wait till you buy an engagement ring.
We're speaking relative terms here....
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-30-2010, 9:18 PM
map map is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 419
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by customizedcreationz View Post
Yes I know purple LOL !

Nice touch with the purple.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 PM
pacrimguru's Avatar
pacrimguru pacrimguru is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 3,470
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

pics of my M&P 9 after 1500 rounds of brown bear in 3 days.







__________________
AR Profiles: 1 | 2 | Past AR's: 1 | 2

Last edited by pacrimguru; 10-07-2010 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-08-2010, 1:13 AM
Aftermath686 Aftermath686 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 420
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

How it should look! Awesome. Was it a class?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-08-2010, 3:18 AM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 8,382
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

guessing it ran the russian stuff just fine?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-08-2010, 5:26 AM
Shenaniguns Shenaniguns is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Back in California?
Posts: 6,036
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-08-2010, 6:34 AM
pacrimguru's Avatar
pacrimguru pacrimguru is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 3,470
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath686 View Post
How it should look! Awesome. Was it a class?
yea, i did a magpul 3 day handgun class last weekend. it was a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
guessing it ran the russian stuff just fine?
yea it did for the most part, but it did get gunked up pretty good. i started getting FTF's and no slide lock back on empty mag on the end of the third day at about the 1200 round mark. but that's without me cleaning it at all during the 3 days. all in all, i'd run the dirty stuff again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Nice!
thanks!
__________________
AR Profiles: 1 | 2 | Past AR's: 1 | 2
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-08-2010, 9:10 AM
nav195's Avatar
nav195 nav195 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 437
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

heres mine same class same round count. No issues at all. great class.

Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-08-2010, 9:29 AM
pacrimguru's Avatar
pacrimguru pacrimguru is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 3,470
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

nice!!! gotta love all that carbon build up!
__________________
AR Profiles: 1 | 2 | Past AR's: 1 | 2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:25 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.