Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Young Calgunners
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Young Calgunners This forum is for our younger members, the sons and daughters of Calgunners, younger guests and their parents.

Old 03-29-2013, 7:54 PM

Default How to purchase a firearm?

Never bought one before and finally reached the magic number. Was questioning what the process is like and how many different ways you can own a firearm.

I am interested in a PPT for a pump shotgun, but have little knowledge about the process.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 PM

I'm not as sure on private party, but all you have to do is go to a store with your ID and proof of residents and buy it. Wait 10 days then go pick it up. They may ask you if you have a safe, if you don't either get one or lie and tell then any make and model you look up before

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-11-2013, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

Pretty easy. Just show up and they will guide you through the process.
Old 04-12-2013, 8:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Before you buy a gun join a pro second amendment organization . Then donate some money on a regular basis,unlike the large majority of gun owners who leach off of those who do donate and fight for the rights to keep and bear arms.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Before you buy a gun join a pro second amendment organization . Then donate some money on a regular basis,unlike the large majority of gun owners who leach off of those who do donate and fight for the rights to keep and bear arms.
This.
I just joined and waiting for my memebership to arrive. Next week I'm getting my 14 y/o daughter a membership.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
I'm not as sure on private party, but all you have to do is go to a store with your ID and proof of residents and buy it. Wait 10 days then go pick it up. They may ask you if you have a safe, if you don't either get one or lie and tell then any make and model you look up before
I would not recommend telling a lie regarding having a safe. If you do not have one, you will simply have to purchase a gun lock. Doon't start your gun purchasing career byl lying. Enjoy your new gun.
Old 04-15-2013, 2:02 PM

Go check out a shop. They may seem a little intimidating at first, but after you go back a few more time or check out other stores it will be like a normal trip to gamestop lol. Remember the guys behind those counter count on you to spend your money there either by transfer fees or purchasing products, so unless they are idiots or butt heads they want to help you.

One thing to bring is a State issued ID + either a utility bill, or a full copy of your lease. The later is the part I always forget, and end up driving back and forth.

Last edited by Staticsouls; 04-15-2013 at 2:03 PM.. Reason: profanity