Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-22-2009, 8:09 AM

Default KD lower receivers & other services

Hi folks, my name is George Joy & I'm the head honcho of GS Arms LLC out of NM. After selling more than a few lowers into CA, one of the members here suggested we post our stuff on this board. Well, first thing I did was contact Kestryll & get his take on that suggestion as I don't like mooching on someone's forum without asking what to do. We're gonna be helping with some cash to the site & get a banner ad & we'll take it from there. I just wanted to lay that out there so you guys get a feel for who we are & how we conduct business.

My company primarily deals in AR lower receivers, almost exclusively with Kaiser Defense out of San Diego. Why? The folks at KD & I have been friends for a long time & they make, at least in my opinion, (& I've seen them all) the finest, most accurately machined lower bar none.

We're also offering 3rd party shipping into CA from the rest of the US & even overseas as we have an 08 Importer FFL as well as an 07 Manufacturer FFL. We're registered with the CA DOJ & why every other FFL seems to make a big song & dance about that, I don't know?? Lazy I guess.... Shipping rates on this service will be worked out real soon & we're not out to screw anyone; you need to understand that I'm from England so I know what it's like to live under a repressive, anti-gun regime & not be able to get the things you want easily. Here in NM, we charge $15 for a transfer, why? Because I firmly & honestly believe that that's a fair price for the service & that I have an obligation to help as many Americans as possible to own firearms.

We're also looking at 'Californication' of handguns & other items to help folks out in CA. Yes, it's a business decision & yes, we'll make some money out of it but it's really more than that for me; it's helping out my fellow gun owners stick it to the tyrannical, liberal f*ckwits that are trying to do you down.

I won't break the law but by God I'll bend the bugger as far as it can go.....

OK, rant over.

We do already sell to some dealers in CA & in fairness to them, we won't transfer KD lowers thru JK Supply, Ten Percent, Jon's Gunworks in Ridgecrest, SoCalGuns or J&J Armory. Any other transfer dealer is cool & these guys are cool if you want something else other than a KD lower transferred.

If guys in one area want to get together & buy like 10 or 20 to ship to one FFL, we'll give you a break on pricing but please be sure that you are ready to commit to the deal & don't say you are in without having the funds to back it up. Usually a GB is to allow the dealer to order a larger quantity of product to get a bigger discount. In our case, we have plenty of stock on lowers, literally hundreds & a good steady supply of more every month so that idea really doesn't work in our situation. Giving a break on pricing by shipping all to one location does so that's how we can help you guys out.

Enough, $165 shipped anywhere in the USA, website is www.arlowers.com

PICS:

Notice the lack of forging marks, the clean finish & the nice bevel on the mag well. Yeah, I know these aren't cheap but quality never is & neither is good service, both of which we offer. Thanks in advance for your business.

Edited to add that I was just PM'd & asked if we will do pistol AR lowers & yes, we intend to. I think I have what a CA pistol lower entails but if you guys wanted to enlighten me, I'd be grateful.

Last edited by the gman 763; 02-22-2009 at 8:26 AM.. Reason: added more info.
Old 02-22-2009, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the support!, glad you joined Calguns. How the heck did a Englishman end up in New Mexico?!
Old 02-22-2009, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Glad you joined up! I'll be waiting for some pistol lowers
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member
Old 02-22-2009, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for joining the fight.

Check out or web page for current *Web Specials* WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM
Old 02-22-2009, 9:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Wes and I have been dealing with George and Steph for some time. Absolutely stand up individuals, they have been a pleasure to have known and done business with.
Old 02-22-2009, 9:31 AM

Always nice to have someone on board to work with us in Kalifornia!! Thanks!! I'll be on the website later to see what goodies to pick up!!
Old 02-22-2009, 1:21 PM

good to have a yorkshire man on board
Old 02-22-2009, 1:29 PM

Cool and thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 2:25 PM

GS Arms is one of the best I've dealt with. I've purchased 8 of the Kaiser Defense lowers from him and my only regret is that I haven't been able to buy more!

And at $165 for a lower of this quality?!? Forget about finding a better deal, this is THE best.

Hey George, this is Eric. Glad to see you on the forums! I'll be calling you soon about "californicating" an AK for me
Old 02-22-2009, 2:27 PM

Oh, and I definitely want in on the pistol lowers!
Old 02-22-2009, 3:06 PM
CGN Contributor

Good man. If you do begin neutering pistols/saigas/etc... definately let the board know. Freakshow, Henderson defense, and Shadow River have not been able to take on any new orders the past couple weeks (way too busy)... hence we cant get these into Cali right now. An extra hand around here will definately help and be much apreciated.
Old 02-22-2009, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machio View Post
Good man. If you do begin neutering pistols/saigas/etc... definately let the board know. Freakshow, Henderson defense, and Shadow River have not been able to take on any new orders the past couple weeks (way too busy)... hence we cant get these into Cali right now. An extra hand around here will definately help and be much apreciated.
Lemme know what it is you guys want, need or desire & we will work to make it happen.

FYI, I am a 12 year combat vet of the Brit Army. My usual day job was as a weapons technician & I think I've forgotten more about certain weapon systems than some folks will ever know.

Here's a pic of the last little project I built to be 'different'.....

Just about everything on this shorty FAL had to be custom made: new US barrel, ARMS SIR rail was chopped down, machined & fitted with a new barrel clamp & the lower removable sections had to be machined as well. Custom squared off gas tube nut had to be fabbed up in order to provide a second point of contact for the rail as it may have turned past top dead center otherwise. Custom extended folding charging handle was fabbed up with an inch pattern lower receiver that had to be machined in order to fit the para stock.

Completing the rifle is a PWS FSC & the last thing I will be fitting is a sear now I have my SOT in place..... You don't wanna know how many hours I have into this puppy....

In short, if you want it made to comply with CA regs & you can tell me how, I can do it, given that at the present I have a day job so it may take a little while.
Old 02-22-2009, 3:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Welcome, George. You the gman on the Fal Files? If so I need to respond to your PM still. Probly easiest if just chat on the phone tomorrow.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

Last edited by thedrickel; 02-22-2009 at 3:34 PM..
Old 02-22-2009, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrickel View Post
Welcome, George. You the gman on the Fal Files? If so I need to respond to your PM still. Probly easiest if just chat on the phone tomorrow.
Yeah baby, FAL is still my first love....
Old 02-23-2009, 5:15 AM
Vendor/Retailer

GS Arms is top notch. I have spent a few bucks with them and have received excellent service.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 02-23-2009, 6:52 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

The question of Group buy was presented, and the price of $165.00 is very good, with a discount, that's even better. Who wants to head this up and get a list going?
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Wow, that's a great deal. I'd be interested in a group buy or single purchase.

(Bay Area, if it matters.)

edit: And thank you for supporting the forum.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 4:12 PM

I just want to say thanks to Ryan & Wes of JK & Ten Percent respectively for the vote of confidence in who we are & how we do business, it's really appreciated.

Both of these guys have been excellent to do business with & I would urge anyone needing black rifle stuff in CA to frequent their stores & purchase heavily, support your local gun stores!!

On the next subject, who is prepared to let me know what it is you guys want in the way of firearms prepared/mods done/stuff fixed so you can legally receive it in CA? Things like pistol lowers, Saiga mods etc.

Educate me & I'll help you get what it is you want, fair enough??
Old 02-23-2009, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman 763 View Post
I just want to say thanks to Ryan & Wes of JK & Ten Percent respectively for the vote of confidence in who we are & how we do business, it's really appreciated.

Both of these guys have been excellent to do business with & I would urge anyone needing black rifle stuff in CA to frequent their stores & purchase heavily, support your local gun stores!!

On the next subject, who is prepared to let me know what it is you guys want in the way of firearms prepared/mods done/stuff fixed so you can legally receive it in CA? Things like pistol lowers, Saiga mods etc.

Educate me & I'll help you get what it is you want, fair enough??
I for one would like to see compliant AR and AK pistols, more AK conversions, Saiga 12g conversions, compliant SKS parts and converted 10/20 & 10/30 mags.

I'm also interested in that bolt action you were talking about. I want to do a .308 or .338 Lapua bolt action. A real long distance tack driver.

BTW, I called my FFL and the four lowers I bought from you are at his shop. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 4:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Welcome and thanks for the help!

It's great to see an 08 importer on the boards as I occasionally run into interesting things on my travels.

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 02-23-2009, 4:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for joining the fight!

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 02-23-2009, 5:45 PM
CGN Contributor

To start and keep simple, Saiga 12 mag locking. Just an OEM rifle with a mag lock shipped to a FFL in Cali.

To get more complicated. Saiga 12 Ak conversions. Something along the lines of the Tromix conversions would be sexy.
Old 02-23-2009, 6:01 PM

i have never been part of a group buy here how does it work out if you have to have it shipped and drosed, at for example rogers relics?
Old 02-23-2009, 6:06 PM
CGN Contributor

Im going to add... Saiga 7.62X39's neutering to the list....
Old 02-23-2009, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilroyguns View Post
i have never been part of a group buy here how does it work out if you have to have it shipped and drosed, at for example rogers relics?
I guess my version of a GB would be to have a few guys arrange purchase lowers from me & have them all shipped to one gunshop in CA & you all do your transfer paperwork at that one location instead of me having to ship the same number of lowers to say 3 or 4 different locations.

By shipping to one location, I save in shipping & I will gladly pass that saving on to you & also, depending on numbers, probably even give a small discount for being on CalGuns.

This is a hellva nice board with good folks, we're just trying to genuinely help put a bunch of people who are being abused by the bloody politicians, bastages!

Thanks for all the suggestions both here & via PM, I thank you for it & whilst I still have a day job, I'll be looking at what you guys are asking for & see if we can't at least come up with some answers soon.
Old 02-23-2009, 9:04 PM

thanks for the support

lol its funny how the KD are made in SAN DIEGO,CA but are in NM and now comming back to us in CA rofl
not a bad thing just sumthing i noticed and thought i share
Old 02-23-2009, 9:48 PM

Iam intrested in buying a AR LOWER for my AR PISTOL UPPER can you please pm with details thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 5:28 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

BTT. So, those who are in the OC, who's in for a group buy on these lowers? Please be sure you are in before adding to the buy.

On the group buy, will you take CC number(s) over phone?
How about paypal?

Or, is this check and money order only?
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison

Last edited by PatriotnMore; 02-24-2009 at 5:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 5:48 PM

Interested in the OC group buy, but what are the particulars?

Group Buy price? FFL location? Purchase method?
Old 02-24-2009, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotnMore View Post
BTT. So, those who are in the OC, who's in for a group buy on these lowers? Please be sure you are in before adding to the buy.

On the group buy, will you take CC number(s) over phone?
How about paypal?

Or, is this check and money order only?
I will take CC #'s over the phone or more accurately, my wife will.... You may also send USPS MO or certified checks.

Paypal is VERBOTEN!! Sorry guys, I know it's easy to use but like an old quote sez: "I make life easy, I don't do business with bastards" & the organization behind Paypal & liberal, anti-gun socialist turds who can do without my support.

Group buy pricing? Hmmm, well, it costs us about $9 to ship each individual lower into CA. If you can get at least 10 lowers ordered into one FFL location, I'll knock $10 per lower off, sound fair?

Perhaps one of you could start a thread with interested folks? Once the leader of the group emails me that y'all are ready, I'll open the GB with a definite end date. Once the end date is reached, as long as you have a minimum of 10 lowers on order, I will charge cards/cash MO/checks & ship. Doesn't need to be complicated so please don't try to make it so.

Fair enough?
Old 02-24-2009, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blkngld1000 View Post
Iam intrested in buying a AR LOWER for my AR PISTOL UPPER can you please pm with details thanks!
I spoke with the owner of Kaiser today about a run of pistol lowers & these will likely be an exclusive to us deal. Now, as I understand it, you need me to assemble the lower, complete with the pistol buffer tube, bullet button & internals BEFORE I send it to your CA FFL, correct?

In which case, I will sell you the lower first & then you will send me the parts to build the lower or I will have to start collecting Federal Excise Tax on the lowers. That's 11% extra & a bunch of paperwork for me that, being honest, I don't need to mess with unless I absolutely have to.

If I have this screwed up, put me straight, thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 6:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman 763 View Post
I spoke with the owner of Kaiser today about a run of pistol lowers & these will likely be an exclusive to us deal. Now, as I understand it, you need me to assemble the lower, complete with the pistol buffer tube, bullet button & internals BEFORE I send it to your CA FFL, correct?

In which case, I will sell you the lower first & then you will send me the parts to build the lower or I will have to start collecting Federal Excise Tax on the lowers. That's 11% extra & a bunch of paperwork for me that, being honest, I don't need to mess with unless I absolutely have to.

If I have this screwed up, put me straight, thanks.
I think there's gotta be a single shot sled installed too. Someone will correct me shortly...
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member
Old 02-24-2009, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machio View Post
Freakshow,[snip] have not been able to take on any new orders the past couple weeks (way too busy)
And where did you come up with this little gem? I am still taking transfer orders. Please check your facts before you post something like this. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 7:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotnMore View Post
I'd be real interested. Maybe do the transfer through OC Armory?

The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.
Old 02-24-2009, 7:44 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Ok, three so far. Thanks for the clarification on payment. I am going to take this to a separate thread.

Those interested please post their intention, I am thinking we will use Ade's in Orange/ or O.C. Armory for DROS, please post your preference along with interest.
--James Madison

Last edited by PatriotnMore; 02-24-2009 at 7:52 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 9:03 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
And where did you come up with this little gem? I am still taking transfer orders. Please check your facts before you post something like this. Thanks.
My apologies. I shold calrify to mean custom work orders such as Saiga conversions.

Last edited by machio; 02-24-2009 at 9:57 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM

I would take 2 of them.

OC Armory sounds like a great option. I believe their fees for stripped lowers is more reasonable than Ades? Plus gives me an excuse to stop by their new store.

How would we proceed? Wait until group buy is confirmed and then call in our CC number?

BTW not bashing Ades I have done tons of business there and they are great.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

As to how to proceed? I am going to put you down as committed for
two lowers, please only place your name IF, you are committed to the purchase.

Final details to follow on final price, payment, ect...

Please put all responses to the group buy in this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=157284

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2BassAce View Post
I would take 2 of them.

OC Armory sounds like a great option. I believe their fees for stripped lowers is more reasonable than Ades? Plus gives me an excuse to stop by their new store.

How would we proceed? Wait until group buy is confirmed and then call in our CC number?

BTW not bashing Ades I have done tons of business there and they are great.
--James Madison