Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Those of the female persuasion... let's go shooting!

Hello all!

I have gone to quite a few "Ladies' Nights" in the different ranges around the Bay Area and I must say and the last time I saw any other girls was last summer.

So, I was hoping to find other women, who would be interested in getting together either on Ladies' nights to go shooting with.

I think this would be a great opportunity for those ladies who have always wanted to go shooting, but

1) don't like to go by themselves
2) don't want to go with guys only
3) are looking for someone to shoot with during "ladies nights" at Bullseye or Reed's indoor ranges

I'm taking some NRA courses and since shooting is a perishable skill, it would be great to practice with someone during the week.

Feel free to PM me or post and maybe we can set up a night when a bunch of us gun-totin' girls can show up together at a range in the SF Bay area or even down in L.A.

Last edited by LG1980; 04-08-2009 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: including Los Angeles
Old 02-21-2009, 8:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

LG, hit up my wife, shes always looking for someone to go shooting with her since Ive been deployed! Shes Calguns member "Dragonfly" aka Sandi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 02-21-2009, 4:52 PM

PM sent!

Last edited by LG1980; 04-08-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Id love to go except I am in Socal....
Old 02-24-2009, 1:40 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

i'm a minimum hour away from any range....which isn't bad getting there but also means an hour getting home on the curving mountain roads. but one day i will join you!

mz
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 02-24-2009, 8:44 PM

question for the women of calguns.....you buy a glock and the sale person tells you that this gun is so good ... You don't even need to clean it. Would that be a selling point or just take-ing advantage of you ?the reason I ask is,I came a cross this last weekend. Thank you
Old 02-24-2009, 9:01 PM

???

or looking to see if i did some research before i walked into the shop and/or know anything about guns?

i'm from the if you use'em then clean'em school of guns so i'd think the seller was crazy and wouldn't be inclined to buy there.

what was your reaction?

mz
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 02-24-2009, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Point says you are barely supposed to clean their guns. You can't hardly take them apart even but they seem to function great. A couple cops have told me that they have put several thousand rounds through their glocks without cleaning them and had no problems.
Old 02-25-2009, 1:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I just randomly came across this thread in late night boredom and have to ask. Youre supposed to clean a glock? thats news to me
Old 02-25-2009, 6:32 AM

not even a bore snake?

mz

ps obviously, i know nothing about glocks.....but then i haven't researched them at all. if there is one thing i do before looking in a gun shop its research the gun i'm interested in.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Calguns Addict

The Glock factory polygonal rifled barrels hardly pick up any copper from the bullet jacket. I clean mine occasionally but beside gunpowder residue it barely needs it.

The "several thousands rounds" between cleanings doesn't surprise me at all. I clean mine after several hundred.

If you put in a conventionally rifled barrel it would need cleaning much more often.
Old 02-25-2009, 5:12 PM

Will get to that Glock question later. Tonight... Ladie's night at Reed's. Drop in ladies!

Saw your post, MZ, will look forward to meeting you one day.

L
Old 02-25-2009, 6:23 PM

to answer your question. What did I do,? I told her that every gun has to be cleaned after use, no matter if it is glock or a sig ,s&wor what ever ,you need to keep your selfdefence weapon ready to go ,it is your life that relies on it.
Old 02-25-2009, 9:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrainstructor View Post
to answer your question. What did I do,? I told her that every gun has to be cleaned after use, no matter if it is glock or a sig ,s&wor what ever ,you need to keep your selfdefence weapon ready to go ,it is your life that relies on it.
My response to that is . . . say I just put 100rd thru it and it ran great and I KNOW it works . . . then I take it apart and put it back together, don't test it, and I'm supposed to trust my life to it?

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
i'm a minimum hour away from any range....which isn't bad getting there but also means an hour getting home on the curving mountain roads. but one day i will join you!

mz
Sounds good, just let me know when.

Last edited by LG1980; 04-08-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Old 02-27-2009, 3:03 PM
Calguns Addict

One more thing, my Glock was a former range gun.

Untold thousands of rounds fired. Who knows how infrequently it was cleaned?

It works fine.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 AM

I'd be interested in a Ladies day at the range, but I'm in the valley. I guess it would depend on the day and how far I'd have to drive!

I usually end up either going alone, or with hubby. Usually going with hubby means some of his friends are going and they're really more interested in guy time anyhow, so I might as well be going alone! lol
Old 03-16-2009, 3:40 PM
C3 Leader

It got a smile out of me reading about not having to clean a Glock... That's almost as good as hearing that I don't have to tie my own lures on when I go fishing!

Sales people sure are another breed, aren't they?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Default I always assume a sales person is trying to "sell" not inform

Quote:
question for the women of calguns.....you buy a glock and the sale person tells you that this gun is so good ... You don't even need to clean it. Would that be a selling point or just take-ing advantage of you ?the reason I ask is,I came a cross this last weekend. Thank you
I love glocks but I don't take any sales person's advice at face value, whether it's a car, t.v. or gun. Although I recall reading some published marketing material for another brand of gun, that bragged it was "self-cleaning" last month.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM

I dunno, personally I don't feel right not cleaning my guns... I'm a total clean freak. I clean my already "clean" guns once a month... quick inspection followed with lubing.

If I need to use it, I wanna be confident that it works... so in a way you can say that I clean my guns like my life depended on it... because it does.
Old 04-19-2009, 9:20 PM

Quote:
I would go running and screaming from the store. Sorry I think that all guns should be cleaned. Not sure about glock but I know some guns do not perform nearly as well if they are dirty and can even cause Jams.
Old 04-19-2009, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaGWolf View Post
I would go running and screaming from the store. Sorry I think that all guns should be cleaned. Not sure about glock but I know some guns do not perform nearly as well if they are dirty and can even cause Jams.
You do need to clean a Glock, it's just that you don't have to do it often, and it'll still function well.

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 04-25-2009, 5:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG1980 View Post
I love glocks but I don't take any sales person's advice at face value, whether it's a car, t.v. or gun. Although I recall reading some published marketing material for another brand of gun, that bragged it was "self-cleaning" last month.
I get a kick out of some of the things I hear at a gunshop. That being said, I own quite a few glocks, and a couple of them are range rentals that went up for sale after 2 years on the rental counter. Are they dirty as hell, yup. Have they been cleaned ever? Nope. Do they work? Yup. I believe that one time I worked on your Sig, you shot one of them that day LG! (thats been quite a while ago, and it still hasnt been cleaned!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene