Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 07-27-2019, 7:43 PM

Thumbs up SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 7/27/19 Recap

It was VERY HOT but a good day to break some clays at Triple B Clays today!

This was my 21st attendance of SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics since I started learning skeet shooting in last May. I am competing at CSSA and Sansei Skeet, and these clinics have been providing me linear improvement of my skeet shooting skill and preventing to develop bad habits.

Coach Don Ziegler (CSSA Hall of Famer, Skeet World Champion) and Instructor Richard (Captain Dick, Certified Sporting Clays instructor) taught 8 students at various shooting skill level, including 4 repeaters and 1 student new to shotgun shooting. This was also my first time I came to the clinic as assistance.

I took some photos and videos of the clinic and placed them at:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oYkEPkGeiM14gSwd7

Hope this helps the students for reviewing what they learned today and continuing their study with Don's book they purchased. Also, others who have not taken the clinics will understand what Don's clinics look like.

The clinic, as usual, begun with safety 101, eye dominance check, gun fit, shotgun shooting basics that applies to any shotgun shooting (trap, skeet, 5 stand, sporting clays). Instructor Richard helped the students with cross eye dominance, left-hand, or gun-fit-needed. The students started shooting low house targets from station 1 through 3, then move to station 7 for low, high, and double. Toward the end of the clinic, just like other times, the students were breaking more targets and had big smile on their face. Hope they come back again like I have been doing so for past 15 months.

Overall, Coach Ziegler's clinics deliver satisfactory lessons for the shooters of all skill levels, and I highly recommend the clinics to anyone who is interested learning shotgun shooting or improving their shooting skill. When you attend this clinic, make sure to buy a copy of Coach Ziegler's book "Z Technique for Skeet Shooting", which will substantially help your continuous learning of skeet shooting.

Those who cannot attend this clinic during weekends, Coach Ziegler also has skeet classes at Triple B Clays every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting 10AM at the Field #10 or #11 (except for holidays).

I bet you will not get this awesome lesson just for $30 anywhere else in SoCal. Come out and see for yourself, sign up for one.

References:
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics INFORMATION PAGE
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics - NEW DATES and SIGN-UP Rosters
FYI - SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics debrief archives (2013 - 2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 1:44 PM

Nice write up Jun, good job on the pictures as well!!!

My page...Give me some feedback.
Old 07-28-2019, 3:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

yes it was hot there today!! Didn't see you guy's we shot the Triple B's fun shoot, shot a 96 and got beat by Vince with a 97 DAMN!!! oh well.
Old 07-28-2019, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whutsup40 View Post
yes it was hot there today!! Didn't see you guy's we shot the Triple B's fun shoot, shot a 96 and got beat by Vince with a 97 DAMN!!! oh well.
Wow 96 is really good! I thought to check out Beretta Demo Day after the clinic but I was beat and went home (and I have no money to buy them ).